I booked the hotel on the recommendations of the earlier reviews and was not disappointed. All the receptionists were extremely helpful, recommending restaurants, directions to places and when we were leaving we were even able to settle the account part in Forints and part card, so we didn't have to change currency when we arrived back in the UK. The rooms were great - spacious, clean and comfortable. It was very useful having the fridge and I was given a kettle straight away when I asked for one, although you could boil water in a cup in the microwave. The bathrooms were a good size and modern and very clean. The lack of locks on the door did not worry us unduly. We were so busy seeing all of Budapest we didn't have time to use the inhouse sauna so can't comment on that, but a visit to the thermal baths are a must whilst you are in Budapest - we went to the Szechenyi baths. The hotel's position is one of its main plus points - so close to the Chain Bridge, the Basilica and the Christmas market and main shopping street. Brilliant. Only one small point - the pillows are very soft. Should have asked for another and no doubt I would have been given one. We didn't pay the extra for a full breakfast but the continental breakfast which was included in the price was perfectly adequate - rolls, croissants, yoghurt, actimel, jams and tea and coffee.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Starlight Suites Hotel Merleg Budapest! Experience four star luxury in the centre of Budapest. Our hotel is located in the city centre in close vicinity to the Chain Bridge and Szechenyi Square. Famous sights, such as the St. Stephens Basilica, the Hungarian State Opera, and the House of Parliament are within 5 minutes walking distance of the hotel. The easy to reach public transport system will get you to your destination effortlessly, no matter if you are attending a business meeting or are exploring the famous sights the city has to offer. Our spacious 54 suites and apartments offer 4-star comfort and a complete set of business facilities. Take advantage of the hotel's amenities, relax at the hotel bar after a long day or exercise in the gym, which comes complete with a sauna and steam room. If you are travelling by car, take advantage of our parking and valet services. The front desk is staffed around the clock and our friendly team is always ready to assist you. To make your stay as pleasant as possible we offer full concierge services, such as tickets for the public transport system, restaurant reservations, etc. We will be happy to help our guests anytime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Starlight Suiten Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starlight Suiten Budapest
- Hotel Starlight Suiten
- Starlight Suiten Hotel Budapest