“Perfect relaxation in old style Turkish bath”
Review of Rudas Baths

$22.35*
Budapest Card
Ranked #5 of 116 Spas & Wellness in Budapest
More attraction details
Owner description: This thermal bath, built by the Turks in 1566, retains a strong Islamic style.
Varazdin, Croatia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Perfect relaxation in old style Turkish bath”
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Rudas was most interesting to me, out of all famous Budapest baths, because it works during the night on fridays and saturdays, from 10pm til 4 am. That was great because during the day we wanted to explore the city, and bathing after that is perfect. If you have a problem with crowded baths you better don't go at night, but after 1 am people start leaving so it feels much better than when you arrive. I was only disappointed because it looks much better on the photos than alive. Still it isn't bad at all and you can have your zen time if you wish. For me it was interesting to try out the hot water and than the colder, it is hard to do at first but it really makes you feel great afterwards. Great relaxation!

2 Thank Dea_989

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Relaxing and invigorating Turkish bath”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Rudas is a simple Turkish-style bath. In the thermal pool area there is a large central pool surrounded by four smaller pools, each at different temperatures, as well as both dry and steam saunas and an ice-cold plunge pool. Very invigorating! The facility itself is very old, and the actual thermal bath area is not a pretty well-tiled area like some other nearby spas, but rather is largely bare stone (originally built in 1550!). We went on a Sunday (the spa is only co-ed on Saturday and Sunday) and spent almost 3 hours there. The spa was quite full, but not overcrowded and we could always find space in our sauna or pool of choice. I would go back in a second, I wish I could have stayed in Budapest long enough for another visit!

1 Thank Tim H
Athens
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Great experience”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Very organized, the staff was polite and helpful, the place was very clean, we went on Saturday night, they gave us a clock bracelet, we put it on a screen, and found the room of our cabin, the cabin opened with this bracelet and after that just tie the clock on your wrist and the relaxation begins. The staff gave us directions and they were willing to answer to every question.

2 Thank pchri
Beijing, China
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“One of the best Baths in Budapest”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

The place you must experience in Budapest! To taste the wonderful SPA with hundreds years history.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Jun369
Rome, Italy
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Highlight of my Trip to Budapest...Not to Be Missed!”
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I had heard that Budapest was known for its Turkish Baths and now I know why. A friend had recommended Gellert and one of the friends I went with wanted to go there, but I got confused and ended up at Rudas, at the next bridge up toward the castle, not knowing there was another so close...didn't notice it never said Gellert but just assumed since it was near the Gellert Hill. Other than the surly unhelpful sales people, it was a great experience and a great value. I would absolutely return to Budapest just to do the baths again and try others. These baths are mostly for men but a couple days a week it is co-ed and I got lucky. It was super crowded on Sat. afternoon (with lots of couples and pda and some oogling men) but it was such a nice break after sightseeing in dreary weather all day and having aching legs, back and feet. The water smelled minty with a hint of sulphur, but not much, and was clean; I found it very addictive and had a hard time getting out the of large warm main bath. Make sure to try the dry and steam sauna rooms too. Take a bathing suit and towel, and they give you a tiny changing cabin that you access with a magnetic wristband. Only E10 for as many hours as you want, what a lovely experience, one that I will never forget and can't wait to repeat.

Visited February 2014