Open today: 6:00 AM - 10:00 PM

from $32.60
from $211.70
from $220.00
2,669 results
All reviews rooftop pool turkish bath steam room wellness area mixed bathing loin cloth mixed days coloured glass single sex turkish style central pool main bath sauna world dry sauna bath area men and women bath experience
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Try the Rudas Bath is you want something less crowded, touristy and expensive! It was only 3300 HUF for unlimited baths use and it includes you "cabin/locker". The main bath is so peaceful and lays beneath a large dome spotted with stained glass windows. Mesmerizing! The whole complex has one main bath, 4 smaller surrounding with ranging temperatures, steam rooms, saunas, cold bath, showers and lounge room. I loved it and felt it was so worth the money!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

This was my first visit to Rudas Baths and was not disappointed. I arrived just after 0900 hours where I booked my massage. I could have had any time that suited me. The staff were very friendly and being new to these baths helped me with loin clothes, cabins and even gave me a tour of the facilities. I had my own cabin/changing room so all my belongings were secure. The Loin cloth was an optional extra and on my visit (male only) everyone worn them. The Baths have recently under gone a major refurbishment and are stunning. The Main area has 4 different temperatures baths around a large pool area, over which is a dome with coloured lights. Off this area is a 'Hot' Steam room which is very difficult to sit in due to the heat. There also a series of saunas which you can walk through... as you do they get hotter. I went with 3 of my friends and we all had an amazing experience. I would Highly recommend a visit.

1  Thank Pabs445040
Reviewed June 18, 2013

If you have been to the more famous Gellert Bath, this is less tourist oriented. Soaking in the main pool under the original dome is quite an experience. I also tried out the sauna and steam room but they were too hot for me. Of the surrounding smaller pools, only one is hotter than the main pool (42C).

The massage is the best among all the baths in Budapest I have been. 40 mins for 4,900 forints but book it as soon as you went in. I had to wait nearly 2 hours for mine but it is well worth the wait.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Of all my bathing experiences in Budapest this was the best. Rudas is originally a mid-16th century Ottoman bathhouse and much of it's original architecture has been retained in the renovated version. The locker room attendant was friendly, garrolous and just enough off-color to be affectionately entertaining. We visited on Sunday when both it is open to both genders and found it to be much more satisfying than some of the larger and more popular bathing venues. The waters are quite sulphorous, including the waters to drink. It was a great pleasure to lie in the central pool with our feet up on the steps and just allow ourselves to be held silently on the surface of the water gazing up into the colored glass lights in the Ottoman dome. The hot places were suitably hot and the cold ones deliciously cold. My companion, at 21 a veteran Rudas bather, showed me a sequence for the maximum thrill and indeed it was. We lay in the 28 degree C pool for over half an hour afterwards just in bliss.

1  Thank Stephen P
Reviewed June 15, 2013

An overall cool experiance and a most visit for couples on a weekend in Budapest! Went with my girlfriend at the nightswimming, and it was really nice switching from hot and cold baths and trying the superhot steam sauna.

With that said, really do avoid the massage tho, there really is no need to add to the experience. I made a clear reservation for 2 at a specific time, but they made reservations at 2 different times (one for me at 11.30 and one for my girlfriend at 00.10 which would have lead to us having to ne alone in the baths for an over seperately) without informing us at the réception leaving us missing them since they have written 00.10 on the tickets. The super tired and rude massouse got really mad and started to yell. Overall terrible service and rudeness from pretty much all staf. This could have been avoided if we never would have gone for the massage.

I tthink everyone that's not a local would encounter this problem so please DON'T go for the massage, the bath is really the only highpoint! We managed after a lot of back and forth to get the money back in the most rude way.

But the bath made the visit worthwhile nevertheless!

1  Thank MansSweden