“A sure bet in Budapest” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Belgium
“A sure bet in Budapest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

I selected the WestEnd Hilton in Budapest (there are two Hiltons) since it was located next to a large shopping mall in a lively area which was what I wanted for this trip which was a mix of business and pleasure. I was traveling alone, so I also wanted to ensure I was in a safe area. I only stayed for 2 nights from the 15-17 November and it really was a perfect choice. The standard room was average size, but the bed was very comfortable with a duvet and the pillows a good quality. Bathroom was modern but the shower head did not offer any special functions, but was new and had enough pressure. Breakfast was definitely overpriced for Budapest, so I only treated myself on Sunday morning when I could take my time. It was nothing special though, your usual Hilton choices and nothing cooked to order. Overall I was satisfied with the Hilton Budapest WestEnd since it was modern, with a sleek urban design and centrally located. Based on my experience, I would recommend it to other travelers who want a sure bet in Budapest.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Rainer G, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

I was pleased to read your compliments and recommendations, highlighting many of the assets making our hotel special. I am glad that you had a goodnight sleep in our comfortable new Serenity beds and enjoyed the safe but lively area. Regarding the breakfast we would be glad to prepare a hot dish like pancakes or eggs of your choice, just please let our servers know, I am sorry if it has been not offered you on the spot.

Thank you again for your time to document your kind comments, our door is always open in the future should the opportunity arise you would travel to Budapest again.

Rainer Gieringer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Brampton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

This Hilton property is located at Nyugati station using the blue Metro Line.When you exit from the Metro and nobody can put you to the right direction just go up any of the stairways leading to the street level and you can easily see the West End Mall where Hilton is located.

You can either go through the underground tunnel which is filled with a lot of shops leading to the basement of the West End Mall or walk out of the Metro and use the street level walk towards the hotel.

You will have no problem finding a dining restaurant in this hotel since the mall itself has a lot of restaurants. Go to the basement where almost all eating places is located. It is a huge mall with a cinema and all kinds of stores.

I was given a room on the 2nd floor which is the No Smoking level. The hotel only has 4 stories. My room was quite comfortable with all amenities for Platinum members of IHG.You can buy Metro tickets and even Hop On and Off Bus tickets from the reception desk.

Getting to the airport is also not a problem just take the Metro using the blue line to Kobanya Kispest station then take an airport bus from there. If you take the hotel taxi which will costs about 1000+++ it will only take 25 minutes to the airport.Taking the Metro and the bus will be about an hour.

Although its not near the tourist area which is in the Deak Ferenc Metro stop it is still nearby just two stops away from the area where you can see the Castle Bridge and several other attractions.

I would recommend this hotel since if you are tired of going around the tourist area, shopping is just a step away, you dont even have to go far.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank betty l
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review about your recent stay and giving such helpful tips for travelers.

I was glad to hear that you enjoyed shopping in Budapest's largest shopping mall just at the doorstep of the hotel lobby. It does sound like we have gained a happy customer! I hope you will visit again and we can continue to live up to your high expectations.

Stirling, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Just back from a short holiday here and found it excellent.
We took the advice of others who had written reviews and asked for an upgrade to the Executive Floor. Best thing we ever did. Large bedroom with an even larger bathroom with choice of bath or walk in shower. We ate breakfast in the lounge there and what a wonderful choice there was. After a day sightseeing it was a real treat to return for "afternoon tea", then a couple of drinks and snacks before heading out for the night or going to the hotel restaurant.
The staff were the friendliest and most polite we'd encountered in a long time. Nothing was too much trouble for either the staff at the check in or the two young members of staff at the executive lounge.
We bought tickets for the Hop on, Hop off bus which proved an excellent way to get your bearings but found the nearby metro station very useful and a speedy way to reach the centre of Budapest. Will return!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to executive floor. Cost £30 per night each but so worth it! Extremely quiet on...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Rainer G, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, December 3, 2013

Dear Guests,

Thank you very much for taking your time to write a generous review about our hotel. We are really pleased to read that we were able to exceed your expectations in all aspects of your stay and you were impressed in particular by our Executive floor and Lounge. We are looking forward to welcome you at our hotel once again!

Belgrade, Serbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

This was our second stay at Hilton Budapest WestEnd, and we can only say good things about this hotel. This time we were upgraded to a Junior suite for being HHonors Diamond members, and the suite was nice, with a nice view. Rooms are bright and big, staff are very pleasant indeed and the service was a 5-star standard.

Executive lounge was very small, and the dinner cocktail choices were very limited. They did, however, compensate it with a great terrace and friendly service.

Breakfast was a classic Hilton choice.

This hotel is much newer than the other Hilton located in the Buda castle, hence we tend to choose it when we travel to Budapest. It does have it down sides, one of them being the absence of a swimming pool, something one would expect from Hilton.

Room Tip: If anyhow possible, ask for a corner room, gives you great views!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank UV4ever
Dear Guests,

I was pleased to read your review about your recent stay, we very much appreciate honest feedback from our returning guest of us. We appreciate your kind comments on our comfortable Junior Suite and excellent services you experienced. We are looking forward to welcoming you once again at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd to be your home away from home again.

Budapest, Hungary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Really impressed with everything about the hotel from the rooms to the stafff. Great location too. Was also impressed that the hotel recoginised my birthday fell during my stay and organised some treats in my room for me.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your time to write a review about your recent stay, we are glad to hear that you were impressed by the special treats on the occasion of your birthday. I am glad that we succeeded to create a memorable experience for you.

We are looking forward to welcome you once more at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Great staff at check-in and business centre. Nice room, comfortable. Shower and bath tub. Very clean and nicely decoded. Very close to a large shopping complex with every sop/ service you can imagine - 3 minted away.
However, if you take a room at the back of the hotel, it looks right onto the railway station and its platform; this means passerbys / travellers pas right under your window, and that means noise all night long. As well, no matter how many stars a hotel may have, if you get that one nasty / loud guest in the room next to you, as I have, the stay becomes very uncomfortable.
But would recommend it because of staff and quality of property.

Room Tip: Choose room at front of hotel. In my opinion, the street is quieter than railway station.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GJ_Johnson
Rainer G, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to write a review about your recent stay at Hilton Budapest WestEnd. I am pleased that you have found our rooms comfortable and were exploring the shopping mall just some steps from the hotel lobby . However, I do feel sorry that you have been disturbed by a noise coming from the railways station. Though our windows are soundproof, I am sorry that it still was inconvenient for you on this occasion. Please be assured that we will assign you a room facing a courtyard or the street side next time, which I hope you would find more satisfactory. I am grateful to hear your praising words of my team, they are our great asset.

I truly hope we will have the chance to welcome you another time in the future, will do our best
to make your stay even more enjoyable.

Carluke, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here as a group, or rather we tried to stay here as a group but they bumped us for one night out of two. They told us there were "Technical difficulties" with the rooms.

The hotel is in a good location next to the shopping centre etc. However its greatest weakness is its staff. Disinterested everywhere but they were perfectly fluent with the pre prepared "How can we help" routine. Which to be honest is pretty off putting when you know its flim- flam.

Train your staff Hilton Budapest West.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SmithyWanderers
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for placing a review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for being unable to accommodate you for the first night of your stay. Please be assured the situation which precipitated your relocation is not a common one, and it is certainly not indicative of the level of guest service we wish to provide. Nevertheless, we hope that you were satisfied with the alternative hotel arranged.

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the attitude of the team, I have taken the necessary steps to improve in this area, with immediate effect. We do hope to welcome you another time at the Hilton Budapest Westend when your travel plans next bring you to Budapest, we will do our best to regain your confidence.

Jan Ebsen Thomsen