Hilton Budapest City
  • Bar/Lounge
Izabella 79(Budapest)
  • Room Service
2,156 results
All reviewsthe executive loungewest end malltrain stationwestend shopping mallhilton budapestdiamond memberdirect accessjunior suitebusiness tripriver cruisecastle districtan excellent hoteltourist attractionsmodern hotelbuffet breakfastpublic transportationbuda side
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Great staff at check-in and business centre. Nice room, comfortable. Shower and bath tub. Very clean and nicely decoded. Very close to a large shopping complex with every sop/ service you can imagine - 3 minted away.
However, if you take a room at the back of the hotel, it looks right onto the railway station and its platform; this means passerbys / travellers pas right under your window, and that means noise all night long. As well, no matter how many stars a hotel may have, if you get that one nasty / loud guest in the room next to you, as I have, the stay becomes very uncomfortable.
But would recommend it because of staff and quality of property.

Room Tip: Choose room at front of hotel. In my opinion, the street is quieter than railway station.
1  Thank GJ_Johnson
Rainer G, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to write a review about your recent stay at Hilton Budapest WestEnd. I am pleased that you have found our rooms comfortable and were exploring the shopping mall just some steps from the hotel lobby . However, I do feel sorry that you have been disturbed by a noise coming from the railways station. Though our windows are soundproof, I am sorry that it still was inconvenient for you on this occasion. Please be assured that we will assign you a room facing a courtyard or the street side next time, which I hope you would find more satisfactory. I am grateful to hear your praising words of my team, they are our great asset.

I truly hope we will have the chance to welcome you another time in the future, will do our best
to make your stay even more enjoyable.

Rainer Gieringer

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here as a group, or rather we tried to stay here as a group but they bumped us for one night out of two. They told us there were "Technical difficulties" with the rooms.

The hotel is in a good location next to the shopping centre etc. However its greatest weakness is its staff. Disinterested everywhere but they were perfectly fluent with the pre prepared "How can we help" routine. Which to be honest is pretty off putting when you know its flim- flam.

Train your staff Hilton Budapest West.

2  Thank SmithyWanderers
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for placing a review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies for being unable to accommodate you for the first night of your stay. Please be assured the situation which precipitated your relocation is not a common one, and it is certainly not indicative of the level of guest service we wish to provide. Nevertheless, we hope that you were satisfied with the alternative hotel arranged.

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the attitude of the team, I have taken the necessary steps to improve in this area, with immediate effect. We do hope to welcome you another time at the Hilton Budapest Westend when your travel plans next bring you to Budapest, we will do our best to regain your confidence.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

This hotel is excellent, at a convenient location, with spacous rooms, very cosy at the same time.
Located in a big shopping center and very close to metro station, will make your stay at Budapest very easy . Food quality and variety was satisfactory and the personell was really very gentle and eager to help you for any request.

1  Thank Vassiliki S

Dear Guests,

Thank you for your time to write a review about us. I am glad that my team made you feel welcome and treated you well during your stay, also that you were pleased with our location, and spacious rooms.

We hope that we will have the chance to welcome you once more at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

We recently stayed at the Hilton Budapest West End during our honeymoon.

We cannot say enough about the excellent service we received from the entire staff - from check in to check out it was a pleasure. A special thanks to Cyntia and Freida in the executive lounge - they helped so much with some special arrangements.

The accomodations are smartly appointed and very clean. The location was perfect to explore beautiful Budapest.

We travel extensively and would certainly recommend this Hilton property.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,

It was our pleasure to welcome you during your honeymoon at our hotel, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. We are especially pleased by your compliments regarding my team, especially Cynthia and Frida, as we pride ourselves on always going the extra mile to exceed every guest’s expectations. I will forward your nice comments to them.

We hope to see you again in Budapest perhaps to celebrate your anniversary next year.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed here last week for one night. The hotel was spotless and from check-in to check-out, everyone was really friendly and helpful. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant and really have to commend the staff there.
They were extremely helpful,knowledgeable and professional, and made us fell right at home.The food was very tasteful and well prepared and presented.
We also had the breakfast buffet the following morning and there was a great choice of hot and cold food.Again this was very fresh and the buffet was well attended to.
All in, this hotel gets top marks from us.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests,

I am very pleased to hear that you were fully satisfied and pleased with our hotel and services. I am glad that my team made you feel welcome and you enjoyed our fresh and tasty breakfast buffet very much.

We hope that next time you can stay a bit longer than one night in Budapest and can explore all of its beauties and sights. We are looking forward to be your home away from home again.