“Good business hotel”

Hilton Budapest City
Ranked #56 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Good location a little expensive but worth it. There is a special floor (Hilton Hhonors floor?) that has food and drink stay there or get that package if you can. The location is in the centre of the city, you can walk most places. Parking is in the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write about your experience. I am glad that we could meet your expectations and enjoyed our Executive floor with a great view over the Buda Hills very much. We hope to welcome you again perhaps on a city break when you will be on leisure next time.

Jan Ebsen Thomsen

Write a ReviewReviews (2,075)

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay here. The rooms were large, clean, and well-designed, with a minimum of silly features. The location was good for us, but I can imagine it being a problem for some people. It is a bit out of the center, and quite a bit from the main tourist area. That said, if you're prepared to walk, you will pass through some fascinating neighborhoods.

The only real negative was the staff. We stayed there a week and never seemed to get a single pleasant word from the desk staff. To this day, we still don't know if we got everything we thought we had paid for.

All told, however, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who does not need to be right on the Danube.

Room Tip: The hotel has a strange layout, so most rooms face other rooms. It seems impossible to avoid this, s...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your remarks about your recent stay at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd. I am glad that you had a pleasant stay and liked our location, and comfortable and clean rooms. Our rooms are facing either the street side or the roof gardens, courtyards of the hotel, so we can offer you many different room categories for next time. I am very sorry to hear that you were missing a more personal touch and attention during our stay, although we are getting many positive comments from our guests on the friendliness and professionalism of my team, I really regret that we failed to show you our approach on this occasion.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at our hotel and prove our high level of services you are accustomed.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel on our first visit to Budapest and had a great stay! I would recommend this hotel to everybody and I can assure you I am very particular! It has a good central location next to a large shopping complex,great metro and within walking distance to most of the best sights! The hotel itself is in good repair has spacious comfortable rooms and has some of the most helpful and polite staff I have met in my travels abroad. I feel that I have nothing to complain about and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again

Room Tip: We booked a queen room and was upgraded to a kingsize well worth thinking about as it was bright lig...

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review, we were pleased to hear that you have been very satisfied and had a great stay at our hotel and its location. We are grateful for your recommendations, and looking forward to welcome you once more at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

This hotel is in a great spot adjoined to a lovely shopping mall and next to the main train station and underground. You can walk to most places from here although it's a good 20-30 minutes, we walked to most places and got the tube back.
The rooms and the hotel itself are spotlessly clean and the staff are very helpful and friendly. For such a big hotel they gave it the personal touch .
Budapest is a fantastic city and we will be back and will choose this hotel again

Room Tip: Overlooking the road and was really quiet !

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your generous review, I was impressed to read that you have found your stay spotless and were pleased with the friendliness of my team. They are our greatest asset!
We are looking forward to welcome you soon, and be your home away from home again!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I loved staying in this excellent, modern and very clean hotel. Huge shopping mall with great stores and restaurants is right next door. Very nice staff. Our room was large and had an amazing bathroom with a separate tub, and a big glass shower with marble walls. The breakfast was great and it was included in price. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who doesn't mind paying $$$ :o).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recommendations and positive review emphasizing our good location adjacent to the shopping mall and great breakfast spread. We are very much looking forward to welcome you once more at our hotel, let me recommend to visit us during the festive season perhaps, when the city turns into amazing Christmas markets and lights.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We recently spent 3 nights at this hotel and found everything to our liking. The rooms were of a good size and the a/c worked extremely well. We had a room facing the street on the 1st floor and you did not hear any street noise at all. The bathroom had a separate tub and shower which was very nice. It was also a welcome change to have a good number of English speaking TV channels. The breakfast buffet was very nice and the fact that they served fresh squeezed orange juice was definitely a big plus for me. The staff both at the front desk and the breakfast buffet were very pleasant. Yes, the location was a little far from the downtown area but the metro was just a 2 minute walk away and then a very short ride. All in all, it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

I was very happy to read about your fantastic impressions of our hotel highlighting our comfortable and large room and great breakfast spread. Though metro is just next door, let me also recommend you to visit Andrassy Street, called like the Champs-Élysées of Budapest, just a very short walk away from us with tempting cafes and high end shops during your next visit perhaps.

Thank you for your valuable time. We are looking forward to welcome you soon again at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hotel is very clean and excellent. Hotel near train station and westend mall. Hotel personel is genial. Breakfast is perfect and a wide variety and delicious. I love this hotel. if i will go again to budepest, i will select this hotel again.

Room Tip: You can select any room. we stayed in standard room.
2  Thank GeziYorumlari

Dear Guest,

I am very glad to hear that you had an excellent time in our hotel, and enjoyed the great personal service and attitude of my team very much. Thank you for your loyalty and your valuable time writing about your experience on Tripadvisor.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon again, and let me recommend you our Executive floor and Lounge to stay perhaps next time!