“Hilton WestEnd”

Hilton Budapest City
Ranked #54 of 335 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is a great hotel where the staff knows the meaning of Customer Service! The hotel is conveniently located next to the WestEnd Mall and close to the metro. It is also within walking distance to several fine restraurants. This hotel is definately worth a visit while in Budapest!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Write a ReviewReviews (2,073)

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I spent 3 nights here in April, and found the hotel to be comfortable, clean with friendly staff, but the hotel definitely needs some refreshing. My room was large by European standards but tired. Lots to do in the area around the hotel, its connected to a large mall, but a cab ride into town which was reasonably priced. Had room service one night and it was ok, not great. The executive lounge was nice and offered some decent nibbles, but not a full breakfast. Internet was free because of my HHonors status, although it really should be free for all, and was pretty good.

All in all this is a 3 star hotel, nowhere near 5 stars. That being said if you can get a good price it is not a bad place.

Another thing to beware of is the taxi drivers, I had read that they will try to scam you and I didn't have this problem with the hotel's taxis, who were all very honest, but taking a taxi back at about 3am one morning from town the guy tried to charge me about quadruple the normal rate, I through him about half what he was asking and got out and told him to pound salt. The next couple of days I arranged to have the taxis drivers take me into town and pick me up.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write us about your experience, I was concerned to hear that our property could not meet your expectations of a five star hotel in appearance. Your opinion is highly appreciated and helps us to evaluate our product and develop for the complete satisfaction of our guests. I am sorry to hear about your negative experience with the taxi drivers in the town, unfortunately it has always a risk. We would highly recommend to either use instead of hotel taxis or the taxi companies suggested by our Concierge, which we also consider safe.

However, I am glad that all in all you enjoyed your stay, and found our rooms large and comfortable as well as were satisfied with the services of my team. I hope to have the chance to welcome you once more at our hotel!

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Rooms are quite big with a decent view
Cant really comment on value for money because travelled for work
Wifi worked well
Location is very convenient for one of the train terminals but im not sure this is the one that you'll use if you are travelling from other parts of europe - you'll come to another terminal and then have to take a metro or taxi to get to the hotel still
Location for walking to attractions - its good for the Pest side, but you'll probably want to use public transport to see Buda
A major plus of the hotel is that there is a door in reception which takes you straight out onto a major shopping centre/mall - which has tons of decent shops and and restaurants as well as a cinema
The hotel has a gym which looked decent but we didn't use it
Food at the restaurant was OK - probably a little average

Room Tip: Our room was facing the main street and there was no problem with noise
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kingwi11y

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, found the rooms large and comfortable and were pleased with the proximity of many sight in walking distance. Thank you for mentioning our good central location with the metro and the Nyugati Train Station just next door. I hope you will have some time to try our lately refurbished Rooftop Fitness Centre during your next visit.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd in the near future.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Was satisfied with my 4 day stay at this hotel. Rooms were spacious, the staff were courteous and friendly and the gym was new and fairly spacious with adequate equipment. They also had several meeting rooms. We dined at the hotel restaurant on a few occasions and the food was quite good. Would recommend as a business hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for your generous comments in Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with the friendly services of my team and were impressed by the well equipped new gym on our Rooftop. We hope tho have the chance to welcome you once more, perhaps when on leisure and when you can enjoy the time to explore the famous sights in Budapest nearby.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in 2013.
The hotel is not that convenient for travelers who arrive from other parts of europe (for my case, I arrived from Wien). one has to take their metro from the main train terminal and lug your bags around, up and down the metro station. Its proximity to the main attractions are not walking distance either. So its advisable to purchase the budapest travel pass and use the metro which is 1 min away from the hotel.
the hotel is beside a shopping mall (claimed to be the biggest shopping mall in budapest, but seriously??!!).
Eateries around the hotel were limited. Other than the horrible food court at the mall and some fast food chain and some other pretty unpalatable restaurants.

Good thing about the hotel were its relatively clean and new. The suite that we stayed was huge!! I can literally do a few somersaults in the living room!
However, with such a huge living room, it was really very empty.. other than the 2-3 seaters couch and the coffee table and a standing lamp, there's really nothing else. So it makes the suite really empty.
I guess its a great suite for family who intend to have cribs or extra beds.
Breakfast spread was relatively good. Nothing special but the usual.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time for a review about your recent stay. I was concerned to read that our hotel was not your taste, and you felt that the access from the train station is a bit difficult.
I hope that you did not miss to visit the Parliament, the Opera House or the famous Andrassy Avenue and the Budapest Soho with its vibrant nightlife, which are really easy to access with a 10 minutes walk away from the hotel. Thank you for your valuable comments on the furniture of the Suite, I took it as a constructive feedback.

I hope that in general you have been enjoying the time in Budapest and we will have the chance to welcome you again at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd sometime in the future.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

We stayed at Hilton Westend this year, instead of Hilton Budapest (near the castle), where we stayed last year.
Well, we should have stayed here last year too!
Price are cheaper, building and rooms are mor modern than the old city's counterpart.
The Hotel is centrally located, in the Pest side of Budapest. True, Hilton Castle is also centrally located, but not as well conected as Westend's.
The rates at the Westend are lower than the other Hilton. Why? Just because the other one is up the hill?
Staff was very welcoming, breakfast was Hilton's standard.
The metro line 3 is right at the hotel's door, very convenient to catch the bue to the airport too.
You have a 10 minute walk to everywhre: opera, parliament, St Maragreth bridge (a walk to the bridge at night is a must, as you'll get an incredible view of the nightlights over the parliament, ad just 10 minutes away from the hotel).
The place feels safe too, near the Westend shopping mall and train station.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay. I am glad that you have found our proximity to famous sights very convenient and enjoyed the nice walks around the city, especially to Margaret bridge. I fully agree that view is a must to see!

Also thank you for your nice comments on our comfortable and modern rooms, the friendliness of the team, and great breakfast. I hope to have the chance to to welcome you once more at our hotel.

Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

We have been here for a weekend trip. The hotel has a great location, which is central on the city. The train and metro station is next to the hotel. We had a room in the 3rd level with the view to the street side. Rooms are spacious. Nice tv. Great bed as always. Love this hotels. The staff is trained and completely professional, helpful and polite. Restaurants are nearby as well as reachable by metro or of course taxi. Metro tickets can be obtained in the hotel. Breakfast is sufficient. There are two bars in the hotel. We used only the cafe bar next to the lobby. Shopping center is next door if you need anything. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear Traveller,

I truly appreciate your balanced very positive review about your recent stay. I am glad to hear that you have found everything impeccable and would be glad to return to us.

Thank you for emphasizing the comfortable large beds and great central location, as well as the professionalism of my team.

We would be pleased to have the chance to welcome you again at our hotel in the future to be your home away from home!