“Very nice hotel”

Ranked #50 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Karmiel
“Very nice hotel”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Well equipped and spacious rooms , clean and quiet . The Hotel has a very good location annexed to the largest mall in the country and near the central underground and railway terminal so that you can be in every and each site in few minutes . The staff is very polite and speak good English . We changed reviews with other tourist staying in different 5 * hotels and it seems this was the best .

Room Tip: we had a non smoking room in the first floor and it was nice and quiet
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review. I was extremely happy to read that you consider us as the best five star hotel in Budapest and were pleased with the your very comfortable room, friendly service and enjoyed the easy connection to the shopping mall and touristic sights.

I look forward to welcome you whenever you will return to Budapest to be your home away from home!

Jan Ebsen Thomsen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sammamish, Washington
Reviewed April 6, 2013

This is a well built Hilton property, but it lacks the extra bells and whistles to make it stand up in front of other hotels. A very good room, spacious with all the traditional elements you find in the Hilton chain: Good desk, TV, internet access, a bathroom that resemble more US stile than it's European counterparts. Service is OK, but very impersonal. Good breakfast buffet, with great selections of typical Hungary cold cuts and breads. A good size gym if you want to exercise but missing some basic equipment.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write a review. I am sorry if you expected something more sensational in appearance of the hotel, but I am pleased read your compliments regarding the spacious room with extra size bathroom with separate shower and bathtub and our good breakfast selection. I took good note of your remark regarding the Fitness Centre, though I hope that you have been enjoying the brand new facilities and our large Sauna.

I hope to welcome you again in the future and will ensure that you will receive the level of personal service you are accustomed.

Hungary
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Excellent one night stay at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd.

Room was spacious, clean, quiet, and very nice. Comfortable beds, very large flat screen TV with tons of channels in different languages, and nice lighting, Bathroom was very nice, good size, with bathtub and a large separate shower cabin, make-up mirror, hairdryer, as well as huge bath towels.

Very impressed with staff who were friendly and helpful. We had a problem with our room during the evening and when we asked the reception desk about it, they immediately handed us keys to a new room without questions or any hesitation. It was very efficient and very appreciated!

Buffet breakfast was excellent with lots of hot and cold dishes: eggs, sausage, pastries, rolls, croissants, juices, cold cuts, cheeses, fruits, and much more. The breakfast room is spacious, light with lots of big windows, and quiet with a very nice atmosphere.

WestEnd Hilton is connected to the WestEnd shopping mall so you never have to go outside if you don't want to. It is also connected to the Nyugati train station which is extremely convenient if you need to catch an early morning train as we did. It is also centrally located with metro, trams, and buses a stone's throw away.

All in all, a very nice hotel, comfortable stay is assured, and very friendly and efficient staff.
Recommended!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank penz1952
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive review, I am glad that you have found your stay excellent and were impressed by the friendliness and helpfulness of my team, the large quality breakfast sortiment and our comfortable rooms with large bathroom. I am pleased to hear that the problem you experienced has been handled very efficient and professional.

I do hope to welcome you again in the near future, thank you again for your recommendations.

London
Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

I've been a Hilton gold member for years and was shocked by the rudeness of the staff on 4 separate occasions. The way they interacted with guests was cold.
There were some lovely staff but the bad ones shone more than the good.

Rooms were nice, hotel is nice enough. Good location. Drinks extortionately over-priced. I didn't have breakfast there.

I was very disappointed with the staff and would have preferred to have spent my money elsewhere. It spoiled the stay and it's all we spoke about.
When asked on check out how my stay was they seemed shocked that I mentioned their rudeness.

• Stayed March 2013
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

I was really sorry that you have found some of the team not friendly or attentive enough during your stay. Although we make every effort to render our guests' stay in the hotel as pleasant, comfortable and hassle-free as possible, our efforts fail at times, as was obviously your case, and let me apologize for the unpleasant experience on this occasion. Thank you for your comments with regards to the prices of the drinks, we will use your valuable feedback to improve on this area.

I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again whenever your travels take you to Budapest and you will give us a chance to regain your confidence.

Brick, New Jersey
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Stayed at this Hilton from March 11-22nd, 2013. with friends. Immediately upon arrival, I was impressed with the hospitality extended to us by the staff. The room was clean and comfortable and located next to an indoor mall that allowed us easy access to Budapest's excellent public transportation system. Many attractions are within walking distance and the front desk staff was extremely helpful when we needed directions or recommendations. We ate breakfast daily in the hotel restaurant and the dining room supervisor, Fiorella, as well as our waiter Josef took wonderful care of us... remembering that I drank tea with lemon and honey while my friends liked cream with their coffee is but a small example. Besides an outstanding buffet with many options, Josef often asked if he could offer us something special from the kitchen which resulted in our first, delicious experience with Hungarian pancakes! Having such a pleasant home away from home definitely added to our enjoyment of all Budapest, and Hungary itself has to offer!!! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd. I was delighted to see that you were pleased with the comfortable rooms and the benefits of shopping mall next door. It will be my pleasure to share your compliments about the very attentive and helpful service of my staff, especially Josef and Fiorella during breakfast and our entire Front Desk team. I hope that you became a Hungarian pancake fan, and will return to gather some more delicious foodie experience to Budapest.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd!

Rumson, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed there March 12 to 22 this month. Room was great, clean, comfortable bed. Friendly staff throughout the hotel. Had breakfast every morning in the dining room, had the same waiter every day (except for his day off!), Josef. Very attentive, friendly and happy to please us. Remembered my friend always drank tea instead of coffee, remembered I always liked cream with my coffee. The dining room supervisor Fiorella also was very friendly, took care of us, remembered us, always asked about our events of the previous day. I disagree with a review I read just now about the hotel not being close to attractions. We purchased a 14 day transportation pass and found our way around using metro, tram and train. The hotel is a walk indoors to metro stop. It is adjacent to a huge mall which would make it easy to purchase items you need but maybe forgot to bring. Using metro not too difficult to figure out and definitely safe. People are friendly and eager to help. At one point we had asked directions and had 5 metro workers in their orange vests trying to help us as we did not speak the language.
Water was left in the room for us every day, but drinking the tap water is fine. My daughter is living there now studying a semester abroad and loves Budapest. We do too now that we have been there.
Front desk people also could not have been friendlier. Would highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Debby H
Dear Guest,

I was very grateful to read your ample and generous review about your recent stay. I am pleased that you have been fully satisfied with our central location, could easily discovered the city and found our services very attentive and personalized. Thank you very much your nice comments on my team. I’m going to forward it in person to Josef and Fiorella, they are our greatest asset. I hope that you will stay with us again, once visiting your daughter during her studies.

We are looking forward to welcome you again at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here from the 15th to 17th of March. The staff are absolutely fab, the rooms are clean, extremely comfortable beds and chairs (wanted to take it back with me :-). Breakfast was included in our deal and I have no complaints whatsoever. Budapest really has some of the most friendly people I have come across. Thank you

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for your nice review, I am glad that you felt your stay was fabulous highlighting the comfortable beds, delicious breakfast and friendly Hungarian hospitality. Last year we have changed our beds to the most comfortable Serenity beds and matrasses in order to ensure a luxurious experience for our guests.

We hope to welcome you again at our hotel in the near future!