“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #49 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Stamford, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

We chose this hotel based on their location, price and what seemed to be a good package for a yearly team meeting in Budapest. I was extremely surprised by the attention received from the hotel staff, specially the conference/meetings floor manager who was always very polite, attentive and thoughtful to meet all our needs. The meeting rooms have all the facilities you would need and if you require more they'll get it for you (at a cost). The food was also really good, we had breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel and not a single complaint from any of the 50 people that gathered here from all over the world. The guest rooms are also comfortable, firm but welcoming bed, very clean and in good conditions all the facilities around the room and bathroom. Highly recommended for family, couples, friend and specially business trips!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for your generous feedback. I was thrilled to read that you have found your stay first class and appreciate your kind words about the excellent service experienced. We were glad to host your team meeting and looking forward to have the chance to welcome you and your colleagues again in the future.

Jan Ebsen Thomsen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in a regular guest room which has nothing to write home about. I'd say the room is more 4 stars than 5.

The service, however, was impeccable and personal, something I only expect from FS, Mandarin or PH.

For example, on day 3, I inquired about a one day trip to Vienna. The guy at the concierge was extremely friendly and helpful. What blew me away was the next day I bumped into him on the corridor of my floor, he addressed me by name and asked about my short trip to Vienna. I was addressed by name by other staff about 70% of the time.

Another very cheerful staff was the bloke at the lobby lounge/ bar, he was extremely friendly, cheerful and constantly has a smile on his face. His upbeat cheerfulness reminded me of CX/SQ cabin crews, which really lightened the mood.

It's this level of personal but not over the top service that sets this hotel apart from the rest, and makes this hotel my preferred one in Budapest.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank mobarnone
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are pleased that you were very satisfied with the high level of personal services you experienced during your stay. It is always pleasant to hear praising comments about our team members, I shared with the entire Front Desk and Lobby Bar team, adding my own thanks. We are thrilled that you consider to stay with us anytime you travel to Budapest, we are looking forward to welcome you soon again!

Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed in a Junior suite during a weekend trip to Budapest and I have to say that the location is very good. The service level was very attentive with daily calls to check that everything was to satisfaction.

Would gladly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a visit to Budapest, either in business or leisure.

Room Tip: Since we didn't visit the gym I don't know on what side of the hotel it was located but we s...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank haba_tsutt
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for your nice recommendations, I am thrilled that you felt your stay was spotless emphasizing the nice and friendly attitude of my team. We would be glad to welcome you at our hotel whenever you plan to visit Budapest again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

Arriving in the evening I had to take a taxi from the airport, which was exactly 5800 HUF (pre defined price) and 30 minutes later (and a challenging conversation with taxi driver, who assured Hilton was top class after trying to hook me up with local hospitality)

The Hilton is on the outside of a large new shopping mall Westend. It has many familiar shops and also a few catering chains if you don't feel like venturing too far from the hotel, e.g. Starbucks, McDonald's, TGi Friday etc.

The rooms were quite spacious with a modern and comfortable decor. They also provided a few chocolates and complimentary water. The was a large flat screen in the room with also some English language channels and free Internet both wired and wireless.

We ventured out that night to an Indian restaurant near the parliament building (10 minute walk) but even though the area is not exactly downtown there were quite a few restaurants from local cuisine to pizzerias, Indian and others.

For me breakfast is usually the best measure of a good hotel and in this metric Hilton did not let me down. Breakfast was very good and for those not keen on hotel breakfast for money or other reasons, Starbucks was 25 meters away and it was open from 7:30 onwards.

3 Thank Micbiel70
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous comments on your recent stay at Hilton Budapest WestEnd.

I was glad to see that you liked our location next to the shopping mall with great catering and entertainment facilities as well as the good breakfast fully met your expectations. Thank you for mentioning the large flat screen TV in the room which we introduced last year, along with the brand new luxurious Serenity beds and mattresses. We hope you enjoyed and had a good night sleep at our hotel.

We are looking forward to welcome you another time at our hotel!

Kind regards ,

Haifa, Israel
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

Stayed in the hotel for an over weekend conference. Nice rooms - clean and comfortable, with all needed appliance. Very good breakfast - good variety of fresh vegetables and cooked dishes plus good coffee. Short distance to transportation - train, bus and underground train. Huge mall next door where you can find all you want in one place for decent price! Try the "Bite" coffee shop not far for excellent pretzel!

1 Thank Giora_I_L
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recommendation. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and have found our breakfast tasty and fresh as well your room clean and comfortable. We hope that you will return to us on leisure perhaps having a bit more time to explore the famous sights of Budapest if you have not done already.

Sincerely yours,

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Though I was thousands of miles away from home for approximately 1 week, the friendly and helpful staff, clean facility, convenience of location and necessary services, all contributed to a wonderful homey experience.

1 Thank hrhemans
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your great review, I highly appreciate your feedback. It makes me so happy to read your compliments about my team and the hotel facilities, which made you feel just like at home.
We look forward to welcome you back whenever you plan to return to Budapest.

Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had booked an Exec room and was upgraded to suite on check in as I am a HH gold Member. suite was fine and functional. Th onlycomplaint I had is it was so hot. I turned the heating off, this made little difference and then turned on the A/c.. This didn't appear to work!

The breakfast in the main restaurant was very good, I did not try it in the Exec Lounge.

The evening drinks and snacks were OK except on the first night although it was empty the Gin had run out and one of the staff had to go to the bar to replenish the stock.

Tht hotel is conveniently situated for the West End Shopping Centre, which has some super shops!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank pandas1
janthomsen_hilton, Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to write about your recent stay at Tripadvisor. I appreciate your pointing out the good breakfast and our location next to many shopping facilities, nevertheless I was regret to read that you have found the temperature too hot, we are sorry for the inconvenience experienced. Please rest assured that we are going to follow-up on that as we usually do in order to reinforce the quality of our product in this respect.

I do hope to welcome you in the near future again at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd, we will do our best to regain your confidence.