“Adequate”

Ranked #49 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Toronto, Canada
“Adequate”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Reasonably new property attached to the West End shopping mall. Rooms are rather smalish but clean and adequate, you may want to try for the concierge floor which has access to the lounge with a rooftop patio. Location is generally convenient with tram connections to the major attractions but avoid walking next to the railway station, the half a block neighbourhood can be a bit dodgy. Same reason do not use underground walkways.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time for a review on Tripadvisor and for your kind words praising our Executive Lounge with the Rooftop Terrace. Moreover I was pleased to read that you found our hotel well located close to everything.
I also understand your concerns regarding the proximity of the train station to the hotel, but at the same time I wish to reassure you that the surrounding belongs to the mostly supervised and safe areas in Budapest.

I hope to welcome you soon again once you decide to visit Budapest in the future!

Jan Ebsen Thomsen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Cheshire
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I booked this Hotel for myself and 9 friends for our annual Christmas trip. We had booked executive rooms which were modern and clean. The Hotels welcome gift was a lovely touch, some of our Ladies thought it was so nice it was a mistake! Staff are excellent in this hotel, friendly, polite and helpful. I would especially like to thank Peter and Boka who looked after us in the Executive lounge. And also Marcus who was exceptional, a genuine huge thanks for all your help.

Plus points, lots to choose from at Breakfast, the Hotel is very modern and of a high standard, conveniently located next to a shopping mall and supermarket and a short walk to the River and bus tour pick up point. Hotel Taxi service is excellent, inexpensive and reliable.
I could not critise anything about this hotel. Everyone was very impressed and as a result they want to stay in a Hilton again, I wouldn't hesitate to re-book a trip to Budapest or the Hilton West End.

Room Tip: It's a city centre and you are close to a Railway station, so don't expect beautiful scenery...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank driveonfatty
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review on Tripadvisor. I am glad that you and your friends found your stay first class, and you were impressed by our excellent services and great location. I highly appreciate your compliments on my team, I will personally forward it them, they are our greatest asset.

It would be my pleasure to welcome you once more at our hotel, whenever next Christmas or sooner perhaps.

Zagreb
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Excellent place for sightseeing Budapest. You can walk, go by bus or ship. Everything is near buy. Stuff is very helpful. Room was clear and sleeping was excellent. We only have trouble to change mone because they do not have euro to give yu back unless you change full banknote.

Room Tip: Room was on street side but there was no noice.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveller,

I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us, and appreciate your kind words praising our good location and the helpfulness of my team. Non commissionable currency exchange is available at Front Desk anytime. If you wish to pay your bill in cash in EUR for example, the only difficulty might be that we can pay you difference only in Hungarian Forint, being the official currency in Hungary.

I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you again at our hotel anytime you wish to return to Budapest!

Sincerely yours,

Hereford, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2012

This hotel is fantastic. Well situated within a 20 mins walk of central Budapest. Staff were friendly, helpful and welcoming. Everything appeared clean and tidy. Rooms were spacious and modern, with everything you need from a hotel room. I find it hard to critisise anything, other than the pillows were rather hard. Breakfast was really good and so much choice. I would definitely return again if ever I am in budapest. Thank you Hilton 10 out of 10!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mitchcort
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your time to write us a review. I am thrilled that you felt your stay was spotless in our hotel, and was glad to read your kind words regarding the excellent service your experienced.
We are looking forward to welcome you soon again at our hotel and wish you a wonderful festive season!

Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

Great place to start your Budapest adventure close enough to walk to all the places you'd want to visit. Staff are helpful and attentive, get the shuttle bus to and from the airport as it may be slightly more expensive but it's reliable and less confusing. Visit instant (a club) for a great evening.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest feedback. I am glad to hear that it was easy to discover Budapest staying at our hotel in the middle of everything. Also great that you had a good night out in Instant, which is a one of the unique ruin pubs in Budapest. I hope that you will return to us soon again!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed in the Hilton Westend Hotel in November after 3 nights in the Westin Hotel in Warsaw that was advertised as a 4 star. The hotel was simple but clean upon arrival late in the evening. The staff were friendly and gave us maps etc. The restaurant was advertised as being open till 11pm but when we walked down to it at 10.15pm they said they were closed in a not so friendly manner.

We then couldn't reach room service directly from our room so had to call the front desk and they tracked someone down 35 mins later. The food arrived within 15 mins but it was terrible. I have had better meals at the high street takeaway. The chicken was way over cooked, the pasta was over boiled and had no flavour and the water in the bottle was salty.

The bathroom was huge but the in bath shower had no form of screen/curtin so the floor was flooded every time we used it. All our towels had to be used each time to stop the water flowing from the bathroom door onto the carpet.

The room furnishings were very dated. The bed was lovely and large but the bed head itself was covered in pine green vinyl with pine wood border. Not a good look. The amenities were basic in the room and there was free wifi but only in the foyer/bar area.

House keeping were way too efficient. We wanted to have a lay in on our last day and take advantage of the 12 noon checkout but were woken on the half hr from 8am to 11.55am not by knocking, but by the housekeeping staff opening the door and being stopped but the door chain. Our constant response of "we are checking out at 12" fell on deaf ears. We did not feel welcome at all after that.

The location was the best thing about this hotel. Close to a major train station and close to the Opera and main shopping street. The hotel has direct access to the adjoined WestEnd shopping mall but that itself didn't offer much in the way of food options other than McDonalds.

Our impressions were that it was a cheap travel deal so can't complain too much about the hotel. It isn't 5 star by means of its décor, service or amenities but it is a good location. And don't expect them to act on a complaint. They didn't respond at all to us when we complained about the room service.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a shower screen.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rjleey
Aracaju, SE
Reviewed December 4, 2012

It's definitely a Hilton Hotel! Spacious rooms, wonderful bathrooms, delightful breakfast! Everything you want from a HiltonHotel you get.It's almost inside a Mall, just in front of the subway station, that was good for me, because I got to Budapest by bus and it was a straight line from bus terminal. Nevertheless, the neighborhood is not that graceful, with lots of homeless just around the corner and not close to touristic points. That's the only demeanor!

Room Tip: I got a bedroom on forth floor that was very calm and silent.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GULIVER2000
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

I was glad to hear that you have found our location next to the shopping mall great, could benefit from using the metro next door and were impressed by our large, spacious rooms and quality breakfast.

However, I am sorry that you have found the touristic places visited a bit away from us. For next time let us recommend you to visit the Parliament or the Andrassy Avenue, which is just a short walk away. To find homeless people in the vicinity of train stations is unfortunately inevitable in all large capitals eg. Budapest, however, I appreciate your feedback and hope that authorities will find a final solution soon.

All in all I hope that you have been enjoying to stay with us, and will have the honour to welcome you again at our hotel.