“Nice hotel in the middle of everything”

Hilton Budapest City
Ranked #48 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Zagreb, Grad Zagreb, Croatia
“Nice hotel in the middle of everything”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed four nights, staff is polite and friendly, hotel is conveniently located next to a huge shopping mall. Room was clean, comfortable and very quiet, with big flatscreen tv, although the bed was too small. Bathroom is spacious, very well equipped, only missing bathroobes and slippers.
The fitness centre was excellent, with brand new equipment. A lovely sauna too.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

I was thrilled to read your nice review. Its great that you liked our location and our brand new Rooftop Fitness centre impressed you. We are pleased to provide our guests with bathrobes and slippers upon request anytime, as these amenities are only placed in our Executive rooms.

Thank you for your praising words, I am looking forward to welcome you again at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd!

Jab Ebsen Thomsen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Finland
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Checkin was fast and friendly. Got upgraded to a junior suite which was a nice touch from the hotel.

Junior suite was spacious and everything fresh and in good condition. Liked that a small bottle of sparkling wine with appetizers were waiting for me :-)

WIFI was both fast and reliable. Do not like that this is a service being charged, even I enjoy free WIFI being HH Diamond member.

Had a drink in the evening in the Executive lounge which was very nice.

Had also breakfast in the lounge which was fine.

Service attitude of staff was very good and I have nothing to complain about.

All in all a great stay and I would definetely come back.

Room Tip: Ask for room to the back side of the hotel as main road is very busy
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to write about your latest experience in Hilton Budapest WestEnd. Being a Diamond member and a frequent traveller your feedback is highly valued. It makes me especially happy to hear that you would return to us during your next trip. I am glad that you have been enjoying our Executive Lounge and the upgraded Suite as an the extra touch.
I am looking forward to welcome you again to the Hilton Budapest WestEnd!

Sincerely yours,

Houston
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed there for two nights and i have to say that service is excellent specially front office. Rooms were fine and during my stay hotel changed the mattress for deffinetly better one. Breakfast was allright but in Hilton Old Town Prague it was better;). You can say that facility is old but i had just one problem during my stay - it was really noisy - when someone was talking at the corridor we heard everything in our room:/ We woke up twice around 6 A.M.
If you don't have a lot of time for sightseeing buy from the reception desk tickets for Hoop-On Hoop-Off Busses.

Room Tip: Take a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest review. I am glad to see that you were impressed by the excellent service of my team and you were one of the first ones to sleep on the new top quality Serenity bedding of Hilton, which we managed to change in all our rooms this October. On the other hand, I regret to hear that you have been disturbed during the night by a noise, we feel sorry for the inconveniences.
In general I hope you have been enjoying your stay and we will have the chance to welcome you back again!

Elkridge, Maryland
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed in the Hilton Budapest West End for an international project meeting of 25 people from six countries. I found the sleeping rooms to be very comfortable with excellent in-room WIFI service (purchased with a meeting package), the ability to control the room temperature, a large modern bathroom, a large screen TV, and an extremely comfortable bed. If you do not purchase the in-room WIFI the hotel offers free internet in the lobby. The breakfast buffet was top notch with a wide variety of hot and cold breakfast foods from which to choose.

The meeting rooms were spacious and well lit. The desks were wide enough to accommodate a laptop computer and still provide room to take notes and manage papers (agendas, reports, etc.)

The hotel is conveniently located within the West End Mall, which is a high end shopping center containing local and international shops and a couple of food courts. From the hotel it is a 10-12 minute walk to Parliament and about another 20 minutes or so to the Chain Bridge.

The staff was friendly and professional and even made dinner reservations for me and my business colleagues on several evenings at some very good, non-touristy Hungarian restaurants.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your recent Hilton Budapest WestEnd experience, we highly value your feedback. I am glad that you were completely satisfied with our services, with the comfortable rooms with Serenity bedding, and had the chance to prove our meeting facilities as well. Also thank you for pointing out the attentive and friendly service of my team, they are our greatest asset.

I hope you will stay with us again whenever you will return to Budapest either on business or private.
Kind regards,.

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Decent room, nice size. Clean. This was up to the standards I expect from a Hilton. As with my other European hotel experiences at this time of year, the room gets warm, even though they claim you can control the air. It was a beautiful evening. I would have liked to be able to open a window. Oh well.

Room Tip: If you are interested in a view, make sure you ask.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recommendations, I am glad to hear that we could exceed your expectation. Its the best feedback we can get.
Looking forward to have the chance to be your home away from home again!

Morgan Hill, California
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Hilton Westend is located within a huge mall (3 levels & hundreds of stores), on a beautiful avenue, easy to walk, excellent free Wifi in lobby. Buffet breakfast is okay but not really worth the money. Better to walk next door to Starbucks for coffee and rolls, also many places to eat in the mall. Near train station.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveller,

Thank you for taking your time to write about your experiences, glad to read that you liked the mall next door, and the free Wi-fi in the Lobby and our Bars. I am sorry that our buffet breakfast could not exceed your expectations, thank you for your valuable feedback, it always helps us to improve our services.

I hope to welcome you soon again at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd.
Sincerely yours,
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here 1 night after a 2 week river cruise. It's a very nice Hilton attached to the West End Mall, so if you want to shop it's great but it's not centrally located so you have to take a cab or use public transportation to the center of town. The hotel was very clean, front desk staff was friendly and the room was spacious, well maintained and relaxing. The included breakfast buffet was a 5 star breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback, I appreciate your kind words pointing out the attentive service provided by my team, the cleanliness of the rooms and excellent buffet breakfast. I appreciate your comments regarding our location, thanks to the metro and tram station next door most of the sights can be reached easily. Having a little 5 minutes walk, you can also reach the Hungarian Champs-Élysées, Andrassy Street with the Opera House and high end shops, cafés.

I hope next time you can spend some more days in the city and we will have the chance to welcome you back again at our hotel!