“Good Hotel”

Hilton Budapest City
Ranked #55 of 335 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed 3 nights, very clean, staff very helpful and polite. We are Hilton members and we didn't get any wine,chocolates, or water during our stay for free. Nor did we get offered any upgrade. The breakfast was included with the room price, it was very good. There is a Starbucks next to the hotel, so if your breakfast wasn't included it was easy to go there. The bathroom was rather large and very nice, full separate shower and a separate tub. I did like that internet was available in the lobby and bar area for free. So I was able to e-mail home to family. The Hilton in Vienna charged for internet and it was not available anywhere in the hotel for free. The hotel accepted us as an early check-in, as our flight came in very early in the morning. I did request this prior to our stay. There was no extra charge for this. They also arrange for our pickup at the airport. The airport is pretty far from the hotel. The location of the hotel is good, the subway is may be a 5 min. walk. The hotel has an entrance to a mall. So you could walk through the mall to get to the subway. The subway system is very easy and we utilized it the entire trip. I think that if we were to visit again I might choose a hotel closer to the Danube River and more central to the tourist sights. We keep taking the subway back to that area for restaurants in the evening.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise. Our non-smoking room didn't have any smoke smells.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Guests,

First of all let me thank you for your honest feedback. I am regret to hear that you were missing upgrade and setups in your room. Based upon our availability we always do our best to upgrade our loyal Hilton HHonors Gold and Diamond members, I am sorry if due to higher occupancy we could not manage it this time. However, I am glad to hear that you were impressed by our good location next to the mall, and easy access to public transportation and free internet access in the Lobby and Bars.
I still hope that you will stay with us again whenever you are returning to Budapest and we will do our best to utmost to deliver you the benefits you are used to receive at Hilton.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed in westend for 1 night during business trip. Welcome at reception desk was very pleasant as Hilton Honors guest. I was surprised as " guest of the day" receiving an upgrade to an executive suite. This was very nice with complimentary wine and chocolate. Ordered dinner to my room. Food was still nice and warm when delivered.
Breakfast was OK. Nothing realy special.
One remark. The taxi ordered by the concierge taking me to the office was much more expensive than a taxi from the street.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear that you had the pleasure of being Guest of the Day and we could add something memorable to your trip. I appreciate your kind words regarding the excellent service you experienced. I am sorry of the hotel limousines fares caused you inconveniences, its true they are working on a higher rate level compared to regular taxis on the street. However, I took good note of your comments.
I hope to welcome you again whenever your business would bring you back to Budapest.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Hotel is always well presented, clean and friendly - Room was fresh and came with free water and complimentary wine and some chocolates

Gym was good

Also seems Hotel is updating all thier bed mattresses - So I have to say, it was home-from-home for me ...

Room Tip: Sign up for the Hilton Membership program (it's free) - Also ask reception for free upgrade, the...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for writing about your latest experience with us on Tripadvisor. I was pleased to read that you had already the chance to sleep in our Hilton Serenity bed, which we introduced recently in all our rooms. Also thank you for recommending our refurbished Fitness Centre. Your feedback is highly valued, thank you again for sharing your experience.
Looking forward to welcoming you back!

Kindest regards,

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We are very satisfied! The staff is very helpful, polite and friendly. Breakfast is the best of the hotels, which we ever visited. The breakfast waitresses was warm and helped me with 2 little childrens every morning.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your positive impressions of our hotel. I am glad that you consider our buffet breakfast the best ever so far, and that you felt good taken care by my team.
We look forward to welcome you again, whenever you would return to Budapest!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here for 4 days, and it was wonderful, our best experience in quite some time, and we are Marriot Platinum and Hilton Gold. They treat their elites superbly, the executive lounge spread was very nice, presentation is clean, relaxing, and luxurious. Property is fresh, clean, and well-engineered. The location is fantastic, being right upstairs from the Metro and connected to the mall. Service was great. They even packed us a breakfast to go for the morning we flew out. We got to know many of the service staff who were friendly and accomodating. It seemed like we were waited on hand and foot. Complimentary breakfast in the restaurant included fresh-squeezed orange juice and a nice spread. Try the hot chocolate, made in the kitchen, fantastic! We would definitely return and wouldn't mind staying here for weeks. Can't say enough about this wonderful property. Fitness room was fantastic, clean, free weights, machines, everything you need very well laid out.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 4th floor, exec level. Access to the lounge is worth the upgrade.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for generous review painting such a fantastic image of our hotel. I am glad that you felt absolutely well treated during your stay, thank you for emphasizing our Executive Lounge, good location and the excellent services of my team. I appreciate your loyalty to us, it would be my pleasure to welcome you again at the Hilton Budapest WestEnd!

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I have booked Hilton WestEnd in Budapest primarily for location. I have expected higher standards when it comes to rooms. No slippers, no bathrobes, and as we were two persons, only toiletries for one person were in the bathroom. When I asked at reception for extra toiletries, I have received extra toilet paper! :) No swimming pool, just well equipped gym and sauna. Breakfast was really good with champagne and freshly squeezed orange juice. Parking is in the hotel basement and that was really handy.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your honest feedback. Please be assured that we make a follow up on your comments, we would like to apologize for any inconveniences the missing bathroom amenities might have caused you.
On the other hand I am happy to see that you liked our breakfast and found the parking facility very convenient. Yes unfortunately we don’t have any swimming pool in the hotel, but have just refurbished our Fitness Centre and Sauna with latest equipments which we hope you liked.

We are looking forward to have the chance to welcome you back again at our hotel and prove our usual quality of services!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

First let me state that I am a Hilton Diamond member, so most of my comments are regarding those privileges. For a leisure visit, the hotel was conveniently located near public transportation and not too far of a walk from the main sites in Pest. The reception was warm and friendly,and especially nice was a welcome gift of champagne and sweets. The Executive Lounge was very nice, providing a full breakfast, afternoon snacks and drinks. The concierge staff there were all super helpful. Overall, it seems like a well run hotel and we felt well cared for.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
janthomsen_hilton, General Manager at Hilton Budapest City, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Your ample feedback is highly valued, thank you for your recommendations. I am pleased to see that you have found our services and facilities outstanding and felt good taken care of my team.
Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back whenever you would decide to travel to Budapest again!