“excellent stay”

Novotel Budapest City Hotel
Ranked #94 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed August 21, 2012

when we travell with our children its our pleasure to stay at NOVOTELS .That hotel in Budapest was exellent , they made us feel very nice . It was very clean, the breakfast was very good ,the location was nice and the view fantastic . It will de our choice if we stay in Budapest again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
BVinette, General Manager at Novotel Budapest City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for posting your thoughts on here. We look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Budapest Congress.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

the hotel boasts about being only 3 metro stops from the center. This is incredibly deceptive because it is a far walk to the metro stop so a trolly is a better idea. However the trolly requires that you take two different ones to get anywhere worth going. the hotel is flooded with Asians... so be prepared to hear and see nothing but that culture. the front desk is incredibly rude an unaccomidating. they do not admit to their faults. my boyfriend and I were sent far out of our way due to the front desk mans circle on our map. taxis are hideously expensive and instead of an apology for the extra 10 euros we had to waiste.. all I got was rude remarks followed by a cold shoulder as he walked away. I am appalled with the cold service here. no way should this hotel be 4 stars .

not to mention the mediocre breakfast is 50$ ....

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank pseagrave
BVinette, General Manager at Novotel Budapest City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Customer,
I am sorry to hear that you didn’t find the service at our hotel up to your expectations. We pride ourselves on our staff training, so this is something I will be looking into personally. Please feel free to email me on h0511-gm@accor.com to discuss further.
Kind regards,

Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is a special occasion for me, I usually don’t write reviews on the sites... maybe because I’m not a native English speaker… But this time I was so happy to receive back my lost mobile, therefore I would like to highlight (also here) how great the hotel team was.
During my last business trip, I lost my mobile – in my room, I thought. I noticed in the airport, just before the take off - no mobile to switch off… so the first think to do after landing was to contact the hotel team.
At one moment, the hotel staff might become tired of so many emails and calls and just could tell me that’s unfortunately lost. But they kept looking for it and also asked around. Finally the phone was found in the taxi which took me to the airport (very kind taxi driver).
You may say that’s something to expect from a hotel team, it could be included in their high class services but, from my point of view, they did some extra effort for me and it was successful!
A mobile is not a treasure itself... but the info you have inside, it become so valuable when you notice that was lost…
Thank you once again! That’s very kind of you, I'm very grateful!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank new_happy_customer
BVinette, General Manager at Novotel Budapest City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Novotel Budapest Congress.
I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The hotel was clean, spacious and well equipped. The room, Bar's and restaurant areas were nicely decorated and there was free wifi. All staff spoke good English. Food in particular was excellent. The rooms had a safe and minibar and the hotel itself is located near a very nice park and a shopping mall.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank David C

Dear Customer,
Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Novotel Budapest Congress, in Hungary and we hope to see you on your next trip.
Best regards,

Reviewed July 25, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Explorer4U2

Reviewed July 25, 2012

On first impressions it looks too large & generic to care - how wrong I was - friendly staff on arrival spoke perfect english and nothing was too much trouble - very nice room - good food and a bill for less than £80 including breakfast & dinner - I shall be returning

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank ChestersTravels

Dear Customer,
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Novotel Budapest Congress and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We spent 3 days here. The sofa in the room is totally inadequate for two (even small) children. You will need two rooms if you are more than 3 people. One of the girls at the front office was the rudest person I have ever met. Has no idea what customer service is. The parking is 15 Euro per night!! Ridiculous. It's not like the hotel is in the center of town and does not have lots of parking. The breakfast was good but too, too crowded when buses and conferences are on. I would never stay there again - probably somewhere closer to town is better.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Customer
Thank you for your comments. I can assure you the matter is being looked into. Feel free to email me on h0511-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.
Kind regards,