“The Best Hotel in the World”

Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace
Ranked #3 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed July 3, 2009

Enter a hotel of Total Luxury from the amazing Art Nouveau architecture to the brilliant interiors to the service which is amazing - it is beyond polite hospitality but true sincerity. Voted as one of the finest hotels in the world by American Express, you can sometimes grab a great price on rooms and also receive complimentary upgrades depending on availability. The prices are higher than other area hotels but the comfort level is unforgetable.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank WorldOneNY

Reviewed June 26, 2009

The Four Seasons is beautiful and the bed and bathroom was amazing. The hotel is very expensive and the service was poor. Wanted to charge extra for internet usage. What they gave you for breakfast was not a buffet and with the credit they give you and what they charge be prepared to pay extra for the so called free breakfast. They claimed we got a double upgrade but still no river view. Overall overpriced and OK but not great.
They wanted to charge extra for internet service in the business center after we are paying $450 per night.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hubert91
Reviewed June 13, 2009

This absolutely has to be one of the best hotels in Eastern Europe and the best hotel in Budapest, which I've stayed in. Very geared up to be a high-end business hotel, but still charming enough for leisure travellers.

It has the perfect location overlooking the Danube and the Royal Palace on the other bank of the river. Staff are very friendly and efficient, so you'll pay quite a high price (this is a Four Seasons after all), but you definitely get your value for money.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Germaninexile
Reviewed April 2, 2009

What a great hotel!!!!! The location is unbeatable, excellent, just in front of the Chain Bridge, walking distance to Castle Hill.....We stayed here for 2 nights and we loved it, I have never seen such a nice hostel. We stayed in the standard room, and it was hugeeee with an awesome bathroom. The view from this room was not great, but the more expensive rooms have a view to the Chain Bridge...

The service was excellent, you felt really welcome. The hotel has a great restaurant with a great view as well, with a good service.As well as a spa with a great pool, sauna, etc...

I would definitely come back....

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dojo01
Reviewed March 16, 2009

First things first, this is definitely a beautiful hotel and you would definitely enjoy a stay here.

We were "double" upgarded to a Danube Deluxe that had an amazing view of castle hill and the chain bridge and while the room was decorated beautifully, I am afraid to think what the smaller Danube room would have been. The bathroom was very nice, but this room was still very small.

The location is brilliant- you can walk to most sites in the city and are especially close to Cafe Kor, which I thought, was one of the best meals I have ever eaten. Service was very good, though not great. It was the litttle things, like ordering a taxi for us and then not telling them where you were going. Or one of hte waiters at breakfast, who said all the nice, polite things, but had no warmth.

But that is my own compliant/peice of advice- unless you have it included in your rate (we did) stay away from breakfast! The prices are just outlandish, even for a Four Seasons, but especially given that Budapest is a pretty cheap city. Each glass of juice was 10 euros each and believe me, they were not big glasses. Additionally, the food for breakfast is definitely tasty, but not special in any way, meaning it in no way justifies the cost. Let's put it this way, breakfast was our most expensive meal of the day, and while we didn't do any five star tasting menus for dinner, we did eat at nice places, so just for comparison.

In all, I think this is a great hotel, but I'm glad I didn't go into with too high expectations or else I would be a little disappointed. Going in expecting a nice hotel experience, you'll be very satisfied, just don't expect to be utterly blown away.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank lmstevens
Reviewed March 3, 2009

My wife and I visited the Four Seasons in Budapest in the summer of 2008...The hotel is magnificently decorated in an Art Deco style...It seems as if no expense or attention to detail was spared in renovating the lobby or public areas...The spa is lovely and the rooms are both comfortable and nicely decorated...The location is perfect, right across the street from the Chain Bridge, joining Buda and Pest...Budapest itself is a very nice city with an interesting city...I am more partial to Prague and Krakow but it is definitely worth a visit...My two reservations about the hotel are as follows: 1) the picture of the hotel makes it look like its in a secluded park with acres of green grass in front...That is not true; it is located across from a small area of grass that is constantly full of people and traffic...Its not a big deal but the picture is deceptive...Noticed the same thing with the Four Seasons in London...The picture of the winter garden on the website is much different then the realilty...2) We asked the hotel to call us a taxi to take us to lunch and the ride ending up being double the amount if should have been...When we got back to the hotel the concierge called and confirmed that it was the proper rate and mentioned traffic (there wasn't any)...The reason I know it was too high was the ride was one of our shortest rides we took in town but it was 50% more then any other ride we took....I noticed that when we were exiting the hotel to get in a cab, the driver and the doorman seemed to be very chummy...At the end of the day, it was only $6 or 7 or so but I expected more out of the Four Seasons...I have visited Budapest in the past and traveled extensively in Eastern Europe and know there is always the potential to get cheated, but didn't expect it to happen in a taxi ordered by the hotel

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank bobd72
Reviewed February 6, 2009

This hotel is so luxurious. The rooms are beautiful, the beds so comfy. The location is central. It was a dream of an experience. I was very lucky to have been paid for by my previous Employer. stayed 2 nights(3 days).
All the staff were very friendly and professional, especially a young man called Ronald . His manners were impeccable.

The city which is split in 2 by the Danube is very beautiful, with lots of stunning buildings and sites.. Well worth a visit.

I cannot say enough about the hotel. It was incredible. It would be a great choice for a special occasion.

• Stayed: April 2008