“A landmark in the city” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace

Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace
Ranked #3 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Stockholm, Sweden
“A landmark in the city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We did not stay here but had seen the hotel featured in several travel programs as it is a landmark in budapest! Took lunch here in the restaurant.... Goulash, Hungarian pancakes after.... Food was delicious, service fantastic and waiters super friendly.... Perfect spot to stop before or after heading across the Chain Bridge to explore the city. Next time we will stay here as the hotel is amazing and a great location!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KerryBravo
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
It is great to learn that you stopped by at our hotel’s restaurant for lunch recently.
I was delighted to read your kind remarks regarding your whole experience; highlighting the quality of our Goulash and Hungarian Pancakes and the friendly service you received from our staff.

It is wonderful that we were able to enhance your visit to this charming city.

We hope that next time you will be staying with us!

Best regards,

Yves Giacometti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hamilton, Bermuda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

I was visiting Budapest for business, and I just stop buy to have some quick lunch! No reservation was made.I was nicely inform about there popular power lunches , but I stick with the main a la cart menu.
For starter I had the foie gras, a combo from terrine and cooked foie gras to. Was a perfect appetizer portion and really nicely presented plate, but for me the cooked foie gras was a little overdone.
The " durbincs" Fish main corse was perfectly cooked and filled me up just right.
The building , " the Gresham" palace is in a perfect location, and very well renovated , a high class place to represent the 5* four season.
Personally I think this is the most beautiful FS which I ever visited.
Good luck , and I will be back for sure.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
It is nice to learn that you decided to stop by at our hotel for lunch one of these past days.
I was delighted to read your kind remarks regarding your whole experience.

I was also impressed to read that you were so much captured by the beauty and the artistic details of our Palace and very generously positioned our Hotel as the most beautiful Four Seasons you have ever visited in the world during your travels. It is extremely honorable to read your praising words.

We hope that next time you will be staying with us!

Best regards,

new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

we had a perfect 24 hour stay.
the concierge was fabulous. she managed to put together a plan and city tour for us within minutes.
My only criticism would be about brunch. We caught the last few minutes of breakfast and it was not a very good meal. My eggs came out completely wrong and the turkey sausage was disgusting. The waitress offered to change my eggs but i did not want to wait.
The lunch the day before though was excellent.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank sarag7229
I value your feedback regarding your stay at the Four Seasons Gresham Palace in March 2014.
I was delighted to see that you were impressed with the quick and spot-on service provided to you by our Concierge and that overall you had a great stay.

Nevertheless I was concerned to learn that we did not fully meet your expectation in all areas of the hotel as you mentioned that unfortunately your Sunday brunch meal in Gresham Restaurant was not as pleasantly and nicely presented to you as you would have expected.

Please be assured that your comments are highly appreciated and well noted as they are the most valuable tool for us to improve certain areas that need some further attention to detail. Although I am glad that the lunch you had a day prior was a great experience.

I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest in the future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

This is, simply put, the finest hotel I've ever experienced. Their customer service is second-to-none, as you would expect from a Four Seasons, but here the staff really go above and beyond to ensure a positive experience. Before arriving, we made a dinner reservation as it was a holiday weekend in Budapest. They innocently asked if it was a special occasion (it was our anniversary). The restaurant staff obviously told the other staff, and we were truly treated specially. We were upgraded to a river view room, were given champagne on arrival, and were treated to a special dessert at dinner. The hotel itself is a simply stunning Secessionist dream (worth seeing in itself), the food (the breakfast, the restaurant, room service, and at the bar) is excellent, and the room (bed, bath, and balcony) is top-notch. Highly recommended!

1 Thank nanler
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Pure class the renovations have been done so well, everything exudes class, the service was great and well worth a stay or just a coffee if you are passing, as with all hotels of this ilk it is expensive but you will not be disappointed

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing Four Seasons Gresham Palace for your recent stay in Budapest. I was delighted to read that you took great pleasure in the décor and architecture of the Palace, the result of a careful restoration of this beautiful building.

It was great to learn that we managed to make a fine impression and you had a memorable stay with us.

I truly hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Four Seasons Gresham Palace.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Very very friendly staff and nice rooms. The location is excellent, there are some good restaurants around.

The only thing that I wasnt happy about was the breakfast; the choices were limited and it was highly expensive for that were offering

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank RKTalks
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us here at the Four Seasons Gresham Palace Budapest.

I was delighted to read that you were pleased with the services provided by our staff as well as your room.

It is through the feedback of our guests that we can best improve our facilities and services, so I thank you for pointing out that we did not meet your expectation in terms of breakfast selection and price. Thank you very much again for your constructive comments.

I assure you that we take your feedback seriously and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Gresham Palace.

Kapolei, HI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is truly a 5-Star hotel! We loved the location, we loved the staff's attention to detail, we enjoyed the restaurant, but mostly ~ oh my goodness, what a view! We debated whether the upgrade for the view of the Danube and the Chain Bridge was worth the extra ~ let me assure you, when you come in at night after soaking up all that Buda and Pest have to offer, and you whip open those curtains to see the bridge and then the city and then the Castle on the hill all lit up at night ~ well, it's one of those things you will never forget! Small thing, maybe, but I loved that we could throw open the doors and stand out on the little balcony and soak up the sounds and sights of the city. The staff is expertly trained to make your stay as wonderful as possible. We had laundry sent out, flawless. We were leaving super early for a tour with friends and asked for coffee to go -- no problem! The building itself is beautiful ~ a great example of a historic building that has been restored and updated without compromising all those special elements. We noticed that there were a few tourists who came in just for pictures, it is truly that special. If we returned to this wonderful city, we would not hesitate to stay here again. It added so much to our Budapest experience!

Room Tip: We recommend a room with a view of the river! Just do it! It will add so much to your overall expe...