Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Restaurant
The Grand Budapest Hotel(The Republic of Zubrowka)
2,636 results
All reviewschain bridgebeautiful hotelart nouveaudanube river viewconcierge staffluxury hotelfamous chainperfect locationtop floorbeautiful roomhigh ceilingsan upgradechristmas markethotel restaurantbuda castlevisiting budapestbuda side
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Checking in to this grand hotel was a pleasant enough experience, but then the hotel staff/concierge seemed to regard us as annoying. We were two women traveling together and I must admit that traveling as a woman alone or only with other women you get treated differently at some hotels and restaurants. The true 5 star ones do not do this. As a matter of fact, the true 5 star hotels seem to go out of their way for women traveling alone with children. The Four Seasons did not do this. Our experience with the concierge was quite puzzling. We asked for a recommendation for a Hungarian traditional restaurant that serves goose liver. They sent us to a restaurant Tigris and when we arrived we were told that they were booked for the entire evening. How strange that they did not call ahead. We walked all the way back to the hotel to find a different recommended restaurant and they did not even apologize. We did however get to a wonderful restaurant and have goose liver after our wild goose chase. No transportation offered either even though the pedicab was waiting to take anyone for a ride! The room we had was a lovely large Gresham room with high ceilings. Very quiet hotel. Pool and hot tub were outstanding if a bit awkward to get in and out of. Pool area would be very dangerous with small children. It was slippery and a lot of features were just to look at but not touch. Bathroom was a bit strange with the toilet separated but no door on it so you must close the entire bathroom door to be private. Luckily my friend and I have known each other for 30 years so no problem for us. We did take advantage of the bag with the towel and slippers when going on our outing to the Szenchenyi Baths from the concierge but only after someone told us about this. The L'Occitane bath products are a nice touch if they are a bit stingy. Two women use a lot of shampoo and bath gel! The lotion was not touched as it smelled rather skunky. I have stayed in Four Seasons in other locations and never had any issues with the service however if I return to Budapest again with family we may stay at another hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank educatedtravels
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace for your recent visit to Budapest. I sadly took notice of your feedback that unfortunately we were not able to live up to your expectations of a Four Seasons Hotel in terms of service quality and that you had more pleasant stays previously at other Four Seasons hotels.

I was dismayed to learn that you were inconvenienced through some lapses in service. Please allow me to extend my sincere apologies and be assured I addressed these matters with the concerned Concierge department.

I am sorry again that you experienced some shortcomings in our service and product during your stay. Rest assured it did receive my full attention. Please let me know if you may want to address these issues further. You can always reach me on the following e-mail address: yves.giacometti@fourseassons.com.

Thank you again for your time and valuable feedback. Hope you will give us a second chance the next time you plan a visit to Budapest!

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of assistance to you.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Four Seasons in Budapest in June. We arrived quite late and received the level of service and attention that Four Seasons is known for. We ate breakfast there every morning, the waiters all knew our name and how we liked our coffee after the first morning. That kind of service is so superior to almost anwhere else. The hotel is a former palace and it is quite grand but in all honesty not as grand as we expected. Our room was comfortable with nice amenities but no view and nothing special. The hotel bar is very nice. A part of the hotel near the reception area was taken up with an Audi car event for our entire stay. The hotel is very well situated on the Pest side right across from the impressive bridge over to the Buda side. Shops, restaurants and interesting side streets surround the hotel. We would recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank frtsam2la
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

I appreciate your valuable time to share your kind words and feedback. I was delighted to read that your arrival to our hotel was flawless due to the attentive service offered by our staff and the first impression on our hotel was a very positive one. I also gladly noted that our waiters remembered your name and how you like your morning coffee throughout your stay with us.

However you comments are mainly very positive, we noted that you did not find our hotel and your room as magnificent as expected. Even though majority of our guests are fascinated by the architectural beauty of this building, we are aware that tastes can differ and everyone may not like the same design.

Nevertheless be assured that we highly value your business and look forward to welcoming you back real soon.

My very best,

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We didn't stay here just came to visit the stunning lobby and stayed to have delicious cocktails! Ezsther was our waitress and she could not have been more helpful. Lovely lovely girl! As a large group of ladies, she was extremely accommodating nothing was too much trouble. Unfortunately when she went for her break the cocktails became very watered down and I wondered whether we were being ripped off! We complained and they were replaced but just a word of caution! Ezsther returned and came to check all was okay! The lobby is actually nicer than the bar!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gabby51

It is great to learn that you were interested to see our gorgeous lobby and decided to have a few drinks in our Bar recently! I appreciate that you shared your experience and provided us feedback in regards to one of our waitresses, Eszter’s helpfulness and accommodating personality. Nevertheless I was surprised to read your lines in regards to your impression that the cocktails served to you while she took a break were watered down. Please be assured that by no means we intentionally proceeded this way and please accept my apologies for this inconvenience.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Just back from a 3 night stay at the Gresham for our 25th Wedding Anniversary, and we both agreed it's the best hotel we have ever had the pleasure of staying in. The room was magnificent (deluxe - no view), and the hotel's location is just about perfect for visiting this delightful city. The highlight however, was the staff. Without exception from the concierge to the housekeeping, from the Bell staff to the breakfast dining room staff, we have never experienced such courteous, caring and professional employees. I can't recommend this hotel enough - it's not cheap but worth every penny. We ate at Tigris restaurant just round the corner (concierge's recco) which was excellent but also at Onyx which was also good but probably not worth double the (Michelin Star) cost.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank chiefy134
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

I was delighted to read that we managed to contribute to your happiness on your 25th anniversary. It is most thoughtful of you to mention our hotel’s great location, the beautiful room design and to highlight how impressed you were with our employees. Our staff put a great deal of thought into how they care for our guests and it is wonderful when their efforts are so recognized. Such praise as yours keeps us energized and passionate about what we do and how we do it. I am sure all of them, especially the ones you particularly highlighted, such as our Concierge, Housekeeping, Bell staff, as well as our Restaurant Servers, will enjoy reading your compliments.

We greatly appreciate your trust and confidence in our service and in Budapest as a unique location to celebrate your wedding anniversary.

We look forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels take you to Hungary.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Worth the splurge...Beautiful room in front of the Chain Bridge. Cannot even begin to describe the view, especially at night. Magical!
Impeccable service. We mentioned we were going to the Szechenyi baths and the concierge whipped out two bags with slippers, a towel and toiletries. Wow!
The location is unbeatable as well and Budapest is a lovely, walkable city with an incredible history and beautiful architecture. The Hungarian National Gallery also has a varied collection with the 20th century works being a favorite of ours.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank kiki3030
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

I was thrilled to read your lovely description of your stay with us at Four Seasons Gresham Palace and beside that as a resident of this gorgeous city it was a great pleasure to learn that in addition you were fascinated by Budapest’s history, culture, and as a great potential destination.

Thank you for mentioning that you enjoyed the magnificent views of the Chain Bridge from your room and the attentive services provided by our staff, particularly by the Concierges who promptly provided you bags with different toiletries when they learnt you were going to Szechenyi Bath.

I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back to our hotel soon.