“Immaculate and Outstanding”

Ranked #3 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
London, UK
“Immaculate and Outstanding”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I have travelled around the world to several luxury Hotels and we have never received such a faultless level of service anywhere, as we received at Gresham Palace. Every member of staff we encountered - from the Doormen to the Concierge (very helpful with restaurant recommendations and reservations!), Room servicing staff to the Spa staff, Restaurant Waiting staff to the Reception - offered us immaculate service, genuine smiles, professionalism and courtesy in all respects. It was a true pleasure throughout the Hotel in every encounter with staff.

In addition, the Hotel amenities and indeed the entire Hotel was presented immaculately in every way - and we are very demanding guests who generally notice these things! The Spa staff who ensure there is never a full trash can or towel out of place and immediately clean up after every guest in every way - very impressive!

Lastly, but not least!, on the occasion of our Wedding Anniversary we were presented with a hand-written card from the staff, a bottle of celebration sparkling wine and luxury gourmet chocolate desserts... it really made our Anniversary special. In addition we were given a late check-out on our last day with great ease.

I cannot praise this Hotel staff and facilities enough!!!

Room Tip: Danube view!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your wonderful and detailed feedback following your stay with us.
First and foremost, please allow me to thank you for your recognition of our Four Seasons staff for their efforts in making you both feel so pampered and special. I am delighted to learn that you were treated with attention and care and the examples you gave of the staff's efforts to ensure your wedding anniversary was a memorable one made me very proud. I was also happy to read you enjoyed the spa and the beauty of the hotel, as well as the anniversary chocolate amenity along with the sparkling wine our employees extended to you. We do consider ourselves fortunate to have such talented employees and it is truly because of them that we enjoy the fine reputation we have achieved worldwide, nonetheless, it is most meaningful hearing it from our guests.
Please be assured that I will be sharing your praising words with the entire staff. The employees will be thrilled to know their efforts were acknowledged and appreciated.

I would like to take this opportunity to congratulate you on your recent wedding anniversary and we wish you many more happy years together.

Kind regards,

Yves Giacometti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (587)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was absolutely beautiful, the staff was helpful, and the location was great. The breakfast was expensive and nothing special so I would skip it if we went back. Workout area is sufficient. I was proud of myself for actually exercising on vacation so it was enough for me. When we went to the Gellert baths they got us the tickets and sent us with a bag of necessities. Definitely stay here again if we come back.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words posted online regarding your recent stay with us. I was happy to read that you were satisfied with the location and the décor, as well as you were even able to enjoy some exercising in our gym during your vacation.

Please also be assured that we have noted your slight negative comment as well regarding our breakfast selection, based on your feedback we are going to carefully examine our breakfast service, as your comments offer us a valuable opportunity to monitor and continually improve our services.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest in the near future.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed April 6, 2013

At the recommendation of a tour guide we visited the Four Seasons and marveled in the gorgeous art deco lobby. This hotel is simply stunning. It was badly damaged in WWII and gorgeously restored beginning in 1999. it has been a Four Seasons Hotel since it reopened in 2004. The details in the mosaics and stained glass are worth a visit. The restaurant is also on the first floor and serves B, L and D. Worth a splurge meal! This is an incredible building with immaculate attention to details.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ana4sc
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
It is great pleasure reading your words posted on Tripadvisor in relation to your dining experience in our Hotel’s Gresham Restaurant. I appreciate your passionate words about our beautifully restored Palace Hotel. I was delighted to read that you considered our building was stunning, with amazing art deco details.

It is also great to learn that the delicious food in our Restaurant rounded the experience off. Hopefully there will be another opportunity to welcome you as an in-house guest when your either business or leisure travels bring you to Budapest!

Preston, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Quite honestly the best hotel I've ever stayed in. Can find no fault with anything. Staff are so professional and go the extra mile to make your stay special.
Excellent location. Will find it hard to beat. Missing it already.

• Stayed April 2013
I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your time with us and that you appreciated the personal and attentive service provided by our staff. It is a great feeling to learn from you we succeeded to create a memorable and unforgettable experience!

Kind regards,

Budapest
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The Four Seasons is the iconic hotel of Budapest...I live here so do not stay but I treat myself at the cocktail bar and never fail to take visitors to view the great restored interior...
I guess one cannot speak for President Putin but if it is good enough for him then that says it all..
Go take a look ...Sit and have adrink in the cocktail lounge in the early evening and listen to the live trio...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank filmex
I am extremely happy that you enjoy stopping by to our hotel time to time to indulge yourself with a nice cocktail and listen to our live jazz trio and I am also really proud that you are not missing an opportunity to bring visitors with you and recommend them our facility and services.

I hope that you would want to return to us in the future so that we can have the opportunity to offer you a first class service.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I expected great service, a great room, etc. The Four Seasons Gresham Palace exceeded my expectations. We spent four blissful nights overlooking the Danube and Budapest's magical bridge. The bridge seems to enter the entry way of the palace because the two are perfectly centered on one another. It is a perfect location. I highly recommend it to anyone who is traveling in Budapest.

Room Tip: It will cost extra but if you can get a view of the Danube it will make the trip even more memorable...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I was impressed by your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Gresham Palace. It was great to read that you appreciated the location, the architecture of the Palace and the enchanting views from your room facing the Danube and the Chain Bridge. It also makes me feel proud to read you would highly recommend the Four Seasons in Budapest to any of your friends or acquaintances.

I hope that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back to Four Seasons Gresham Palace very soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The Four Seasons in Budapest is divine. The customer service is unparalleled. Within 20 minutes of checking in, they delivered the most delicious cheesecake to my room for my birthday. At first, I thought it was a gift from my parents or boyfriend, but it turns out the hotel had noticed my birthday on my passport and sent it up. And it is attention to details like this that make them stand out from any other hotel. The rooms are gorgeous and the location is perfect. I was able to walk everywhere. A must stay in Budapest!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience. It is great to read that you were happily surprised by the cheesecake our staff had sent up to you room after your check-in with the occasion of your birthday. Our aim is to provide an unforgettable service for each and every one of our guests and I am happy to know that we succeeded in your case!