“Luxury and service”

Ranked #2 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Luxury and service”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were not interrested in the view on the Danube but more on the calm of the room.
The view on the chain bridge is available from the restaurant.
Everything was perfect, the room and the service.
The building maybe the most beautiful hotel I've ever seen.
The only little regret is not to have more typical hungarian food in the restaurant.

Room Tip: We took a Gresham room and they installed an extra bed for our daughter. The room was very calm bec...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Kristina M
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing Four Seasons Gresham Palace for your recent stay in Budapest. I was delighted to read that you were amazed by the beauty of our heritage building and you enjoyed our facilities and services. It is great to learn that we managed to meet your needs for tranquility allocating you a quiet room.

We have also taken a good note of your suggestion for more Hungarian specialties in our restaurant.

Yves Giacometti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (591)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 17, 2013

The four seasons is a perfect hotel. The hotel interior is beautiful. The staff are extremely kind. The location is perfect! The views at night of the chain bridge are gorgeous. The pool is beautiful and the spa treatments are extremely relaxing. One of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at during my travels.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank HABUK
I am extremely happy to read you praising words of our hotel’s facilities and services! It is so rewarding to read that you consider our hotel one of the nicest you ever stayed at during your travels.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Excellent stay.Everything about the Hotel was first class.The breakfast was extremely good and the service in all parts of the Hotel was friendly yet professional. My wife and I intend to return in September.

1 Thank David C J
I was delighted to read your kind words and I am glad that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay! Equally pleasing is your comment about the staff. It is great to learn that you and your wife are planning to return to us in September. We look forward to pleasure to have you back.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel has beautiful public spaces and my room (was upgraded to a deluxe balcony room) was great-- comfortable bed, nice linens, large marble bathroom, quiet. What really set it apart for me, though, was the service. Every single staff member I interacted with was both professional and friendly, from reception, doorman, concierge to bar and restaurant staff. I was travelling by myself, and both nights ended up in the lovely art nouveau hotel bar-- one night before and after heading out to a dinner, and the other, being Sunday, to have drinks and a tasty comfort meal (Chicken Paprikash). It wasn't very busy in the bar the nights I was there, and the staff went out of their way to chat with me about Budapest, sports (it was Superbowl weekend), travel, you name it. They made nice wine recommendations and excellent cocktails. Daniel in particular was great, as were the others I met-- forgive me if I mess up the names: Kata, Benedict, Timea.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone without reservation. In fact, I'll be back for a night at the end of this month.

I think I can say it was the best service I have ever received in a hotel in my entire life.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I highly appreciated your generous feedback in regards to your recent stay with us! I was delighted to read that the room and the bathroom décor appealed to your eyes and the service provided by all our staff served your satisfaction, especially the courtesies you received from our employees at the Front Desk, Doormen, Concierge, Restaurant and Bar. It has always been our aim to hire employees with a positive attitude who are able to embrace the Four Seasons philosophy and share our common values. I was delighted to learn from you that we succeeded. I will certainly share your praising words with all of them.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace for two nights on our first visit to this wonderful city.

Prior to our arrival, the hotel arranged for a private transfer from the airport and we were completely blown away by the palace upon our arrival. After being warmly greeted by the front desk team, we were taken to our 4th floor room at the front of the property which had absolutely stunning views of the Danube, Chain Bridge and the Buda Hills. The room was spacious and comfortable with everything that we needed.

From start to finish, every member of staff that we encountered made this a truly memorable stay for us. The Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace is an absolute must if you're visiting Budapest.

Room Tip: Go for a room at the front of the property for superb views of the Danube, Chain Bridge and the Buda...
1 Thank Toppo16
I was thrilled to read your most kind feedback of your stay with us at Four Seasons Gresham Palace in this beautiful city. Thank you for your nice remarks about the Hotel facilities and for complimenting our staff. There is nothing more motivating for us than receiving feedback like yours to continue providing services beyond our guests’ expectations. I am very happy that you liked your spacious room and the stunning views across the Danube.

You and your fiancée are always welcome to return to Four Seasons Gresham Palace!

horsham
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Our stay for my birthday was superb from beginning to the end- a helpful and informed concierge who gave us recommendations and booked us into our chosen restaurants, pick up at the airport, a warm welcome on arrival, a speedy check in and a fantastic room overlooking the Danube. The room was lovely and it was fantastic lying in bed with the curtains open looking out at the castle, the chain bridge and st Matheus church. The staff and management made our stay first class- a room upgrade, a birthday cake (delicious cheesecake), prompt service and friendly atmosphere. The hotel is like a work of art and every part of the hotel reflects the Art Deco feel- right down to the room entrance, lights, curtains and signs. Add to this it's central location. Like others on this forum I would highly recommend this hotel which I believe compares favourably with the top Four Seasons in the world and must be streets ahead of any other hotel in the city.

Room Tip: If you can afford it the river facing rooms are worth it
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank boaster
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you so much for this fantastic, detailed feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. It is great that you trusted us and selected our hotel for your birthday celebration. Your great description as to what one can expect when visiting the Four Seasons Gresham Palace is highly appreciated. I was extremely happy to read that you felt you had a fantastic stay with us and to see so many of our staff recognized in this way. While impressed I do have to say I am not surprised. They are all great and those you mentioned, especially our Front Office and Concierge team will get special recognition.

Paris, France
Reviewed February 3, 2013

we stayed a long week end in Gresham Palace, hotel is a landmark of Recession Art Deco style, well located in front of Buda castle and famous chain bridge
Spa and pool is beautiful
Service is outstanding: we arrived quite early and complimentary tea and viennoiserie were served in our room, opera house was fully booked but the Concierge was able to find us tickets - very affordable compared to European places
finally we went to famous baths and hotel was providing towels and slipers

Room Tip: ask for a room with balcony and view of the castle
2 Thank skurf
I appreciate your generous feedback you posted on Tripadvisor some days ago. I am so glad that you were impressed with our beautiful building and its location. Thank you for highlighting our Spa area.

It will be my pleasure to share your compliments about the service with our entire team, especially our Concierges who obviously did their best to ensure your satisfaction, by providing you favorable tickets to the Opera and making sure you are well taken care of when you visited Budapest’s famous spas.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.