“Excellent stay staff were exceptional.We were made to feel part of the family.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace

You added Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace to your Saves list
Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Szechenyi Istvan ter 5 - 6, Budapest 1051, Hungary (District V / Inner City)   |
Ranked #4 of 335 Hotels in Budapest
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Excellent stay.Everything about the Hotel was first class.The breakfast was extremely good and the service in all parts of the Hotel was friendly yet professional. My wife and I intend to return in September.

1 Thank David C J
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
I was delighted to read your kind words and I am glad that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay! Equally pleasing is your comment about the staff. It is great to learn that you and your wife are planning to return to us in September. We look forward to pleasure to have you back.

Yves Giacometti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel has beautiful public spaces and my room (was upgraded to a deluxe balcony room) was great-- comfortable bed, nice linens, large marble bathroom, quiet. What really set it apart for me, though, was the service. Every single staff member I interacted with was both professional and friendly, from reception, doorman, concierge to bar and restaurant staff. I was travelling by myself, and both nights ended up in the lovely art nouveau hotel bar-- one night before and after heading out to a dinner, and the other, being Sunday, to have drinks and a tasty comfort meal (Chicken Paprikash). It wasn't very busy in the bar the nights I was there, and the staff went out of their way to chat with me about Budapest, sports (it was Superbowl weekend), travel, you name it. They made nice wine recommendations and excellent cocktails. Daniel in particular was great, as were the others I met-- forgive me if I mess up the names: Kata, Benedict, Timea.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone without reservation. In fact, I'll be back for a night at the end of this month.

I think I can say it was the best service I have ever received in a hotel in my entire life.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
I highly appreciated your generous feedback in regards to your recent stay with us! I was delighted to read that the room and the bathroom décor appealed to your eyes and the service provided by all our staff served your satisfaction, especially the courtesies you received from our employees at the Front Desk, Doormen, Concierge, Restaurant and Bar. It has always been our aim to hire employees with a positive attitude who are able to embrace the Four Seasons philosophy and share our common values. I was delighted to learn from you that we succeeded. I will certainly share your praising words with all of them.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace for two nights on our first visit to this wonderful city.

Prior to our arrival, the hotel arranged for a private transfer from the airport and we were completely blown away by the palace upon our arrival. After being warmly greeted by the front desk team, we were taken to our 4th floor room at the front of the property which had absolutely stunning views of the Danube, Chain Bridge and the Buda Hills. The room was spacious and comfortable with everything that we needed.

From start to finish, every member of staff that we encountered made this a truly memorable stay for us. The Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace is an absolute must if you're visiting Budapest.

Room Tip: Go for a room at the front of the property for superb views of the Danube, Chain Bridge and the Buda...
1 Thank Toppo16
I was thrilled to read your most kind feedback of your stay with us at Four Seasons Gresham Palace in this beautiful city. Thank you for your nice remarks about the Hotel facilities and for complimenting our staff. There is nothing more motivating for us than receiving feedback like yours to continue providing services beyond our guests’ expectations. I am very happy that you liked your spacious room and the stunning views across the Danube.

You and your fiancée are always welcome to return to Four Seasons Gresham Palace!

horsham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Our stay for my birthday was superb from beginning to the end- a helpful and informed concierge who gave us recommendations and booked us into our chosen restaurants, pick up at the airport, a warm welcome on arrival, a speedy check in and a fantastic room overlooking the Danube. The room was lovely and it was fantastic lying in bed with the curtains open looking out at the castle, the chain bridge and st Matheus church. The staff and management made our stay first class- a room upgrade, a birthday cake (delicious cheesecake), prompt service and friendly atmosphere. The hotel is like a work of art and every part of the hotel reflects the Art Deco feel- right down to the room entrance, lights, curtains and signs. Add to this it's central location. Like others on this forum I would highly recommend this hotel which I believe compares favourably with the top Four Seasons in the world and must be streets ahead of any other hotel in the city.

Room Tip: If you can afford it the river facing rooms are worth it
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank boaster
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you so much for this fantastic, detailed feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. It is great that you trusted us and selected our hotel for your birthday celebration. Your great description as to what one can expect when visiting the Four Seasons Gresham Palace is highly appreciated. I was extremely happy to read that you felt you had a fantastic stay with us and to see so many of our staff recognized in this way. While impressed I do have to say I am not surprised. They are all great and those you mentioned, especially our Front Office and Concierge team will get special recognition.

Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

we stayed a long week end in Gresham Palace, hotel is a landmark of Recession Art Deco style, well located in front of Buda castle and famous chain bridge
Spa and pool is beautiful
Service is outstanding: we arrived quite early and complimentary tea and viennoiserie were served in our room, opera house was fully booked but the Concierge was able to find us tickets - very affordable compared to European places
finally we went to famous baths and hotel was providing towels and slipers

Room Tip: ask for a room with balcony and view of the castle
2 Thank skurf
I appreciate your generous feedback you posted on Tripadvisor some days ago. I am so glad that you were impressed with our beautiful building and its location. Thank you for highlighting our Spa area.

It will be my pleasure to share your compliments about the service with our entire team, especially our Concierges who obviously did their best to ensure your satisfaction, by providing you favorable tickets to the Opera and making sure you are well taken care of when you visited Budapest’s famous spas.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.

Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

stayed 3 days for business. they arranged a very professional airport transfert (good start).
excellent location, nice building.
very welcoming and friendly staff.
nice and well appointed rooms, offering a quiet night.
restaurants with good ambiance, service and food.
two thumbs up for the spa and fitness.
and I need to finish with stating once again that all staff is highly professional and especially very friendly!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank ErwinFromBelgium
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
I appreciate your generous feedback about your recent visit to Four Seasons Gresham Palace a couple of days ago. I am so glad that you were impressed with our staff, mentioning their helpfulness and friendliness, as it is evident that beside the quality product we always do our best to offer, our staff is our most valuable asset.

I truly hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Four Seasons Gresham Palace.

Park City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel is stunning and makes winter gloomy Budapest shine. This is one of the finest hotels in Europe and I can not speak highly enough of the design, fit and finish, service, rooms and overall feel of this palace. The staff is incredible and everything works. Our room had a beautiful view of the bridge and city and was spacious, chic and comfortable. The design is truly remarkable and fits our design sensibilities. This is the only place to stay in Budapest so do not miss this European treasure.

Room Tip: Danube view room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank VoxVolpe
I would like to thank you for your passionate words in relation to our beautifully restored Palace and the accommodating and smooth service you received from our staff. It is so nice to learn that the combination of the historic ambience with the modern comfort appealed to your eyes, especially the room design. The transformation of this Palace into a Four Seasons Hotel was a tremendous task and the result is truly amazing, indeed.

It is a wonderful feeling to read on Trivadvisor public website that you highly recommend our hotel and services.