“Superb service, ambiance, charm, and worth every penny.”

Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace
Ranked #3 of 335 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is one of the finest hotels in the world. I wish it was more than just one night, but we had a fantastic time. The restaurant was excellent for both dinner and breakfast the next morning. The staff was superb, surpassing all expectations. Just fantastic.

Room Tip: Danube River view is a MUST.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Doug W
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Thank you so much for your generous feedback. I was delighted to read your kind words and I am glad that you enjoyed every aspect of your unfortunately too short stay with us. Equally pleasing are your comments about our professional staff. I will certainly share your praising words with all of them.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Gresham Palace.

Until next time,

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

What a great place to stay. Next to the chainbridge along the river. Excellent room service. There was a beautiful Christmas tree in the lobby. We had a great party on New Year's Eve. And balloons and a chocolate surprise at our room. We cannot wait to come back sometime.

1  Thank Erickontour
YvesGiacometti, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Thank you for choosing Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest for celebrating New Year’s Eve with us. I was delighted to read your kind remarks regarding your whole experience; highlighting the beautiful Christmas tree in the lobby, the festive room decoration and the chocolate surprises we prepared for you to make your visit to our Palace even more memorable. I will be also sharing your compliments with our Room Service team.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 29, 2012

If this is considered the best hotel in town ..I wonder how are the others ! The hype from the press about this property is way overrated . The hotel is clean , the location is good, the staff is good looking and attentive , the lobby delivers the "wow effect " when entering ...but that's about it .
Rooms decor is so basic and austere it's borderline a business hotel chain like Westin.
The reception offered me to get the exact same room only with a small window looking over the bridge 100 Euros more a night !
Toiletries are by L'Occitane..come on..it's the cheapest brand on the market !
How about Bulgari or Hermes ?
I left my room at 9 am when I came back at 3pm it was not done yet ! Is this a 5 stars hotel ?
Prices are high ( a in room breakfast is $ 33 for a coffee and 3 croissants , a massage for 50 minutes is $ 150 , same prices as New York ) considering that the average salary in Budapest is $ 300 a month !
For what they charge , my experience was not special enough.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank cristianonyc

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay at Four Seasons Gresham Palace. I am sorry that you left Budapest and the Four Seasons Hotel not feeling like you had a special stay. I understand your accommodation and the amenities we provided did not meet your expectation of a Four Seasons property. The candid comments you shared are really valuable as we can strengthen our service through guest feedback.

Our goal is to ensure that each and every guest leaves with a feeling of satisfaction from their visit, nevertheless we admit there is always room to improve.

I hope that you will grant us another opportunity to rectify your impression of Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest, to restore your confidence in us.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

The staff could not have been kinder. Having looked at my passport when I checked in, the staff realized that I had recently had a birthday and had a lovely cake and card in my room when I came in the first evening. My room faced the castle, Matthias Church and Chain Bridge, which view was beyond beautiful. And everything is thoughtfully arranged and designed, from the mixture of clean, modern decorations in a renovated, historical building, to the heated floor in the bathroom. The Gresham is definitely deserves its reputation as one of the best hotels in the world.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

I was impressed by your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay at Four Seasons Gresham Palace. It was great to read that you appreciated the location, the architecture of the Palace and the enchanting views from your room facing the Danube. It also makes me feel proud to read your commending words on our staff. I strongly believe they are our most valuable asset.

I hope that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back to Four Seasons Gresham Palace very soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed December 27, 2012

The most beautiful hotel I ever stayed in... The service was wonderful.. I was upgraded to a suite and it was just stupendous.. We were literally overlooking the bridge, which was lit up until midnight.... The lobby is outstandingly lovely with gorgeous architecture...I cannot rave enough..

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank susan m

It is so gratifying to read your feedback regarding your experience at Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace Budapest last year, especially to learn that you still cherish great memories of your stay with us since September. I also appreciate your kind words about the professional service provided by our staff!

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

You expect memorable service and facilities at any Four Seasons but between the location and F&B team, it made it even more so. If possible, request a room on the front side for the views of the bridge and Castle Hill. We loved our room and after staying in boutique hotels in Prague and Vienna, it was really nice being back in a Four Seasons and their luxuries. And the bed as comfortable as always. Since it was Christmas the whole area was decorated beautifully. The Hotel is blocks from St. Stephen's Basicilla and they had an incredible light show. Plus, a nice Christmas market. Definitely try the restaurant and the degustation menu with wines for dinner. Most memorable meal for us the month. And the bar with their fabulous drinks should be a nightly visit!!!

Room Tip: Request a room facing the front for views, if possible.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

It is great to learn that you have an extremely positive opinion about the Four Seasons, especially highlighting our hotel here in Budapest, as particularly liked by you mainly owing to our delicious cuisine, tasty drinks, comfortable beds and magnificent views from our front rooms. I am glad that we could contribute to your memorable experience in Budapest and we were able to enhance the already romantic atmosphere of the festive season in this charming city!

Best regards,

Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed at the Four Seasons Hotel Gresham Palace for 3 nights in December to see the Budapest Christmas markets. From the moment we arrived at the hotel, I loved it - it was light up beautifully from the outside. Inside it smelled like fresh pine owing to the enormous Christmas tree in the lobby. The staff couldn't have been more accommodating to us given I was travelling with my husband, my mother and my two small daughters (aged 3 and 4). Unfortunately my 4 year old got a terrible cold our first night, so we pretty much never left the hotel or ate anywhere else in Budapest, but there was a surprising amount for us to do in the hotel with two little children. The pool and spa areas were fantastic and they didn't have any fussy rules - we were able to swim whenever we wanted with the girls. The restaurant made us feel welcome and provided coloring pages and crayons for every visit as well as plastic cups and cutlery for the kids. When we needed medicine and a doctor, the hotel provided what we needed within the hour of request. Our room was clean and we had a gorgeous view of the Danube. Would love to visit again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kcbf

Thank you for taking the time to send us your most kind and detailed comments of your stay with us trough Tripadvisor public website, as well as through our internal electronic survey, which we have also successfully received. It was a wonderful way to start the year as we understand how valuable your time is, especially giving feedback through various channels. I am extremely sorry to learn that one of your little ones got sick during your visit to Budapest, but I am glad and thankful that we were able to assist when needed and keep your daughters busy with different pleasant activities.

Thank you also for the positive comments in relation to our employees. We have always known our people are our most valuable asset and your account of their professionalism only serves to confirm that belief. We are indeed fortunate to have such people working in Four Seasons Gresham Palace Budapest.

We would be thrilled to have you back anytime in the future.

Warmest Regards,