We stayed in the superior room no. 705 for four nights. There was free Wi-Fi and Privilege Lounge access included It was not very big but anyhow big enough. The carpet was very dirty and told us what kind of guests stay there and that the management doesn't care about cleanliness so much. It should be removed.There was mold between tiles in the bathroom. Towels had a smell of acetic acid or something like that. I couldn't use it for my face. Every day they forgot to bring something; tea or shampoo or vanity set... But linen was good and wifi, too. We really hated to go to have breakfast. It seems many tours use the hotel so it was always very crowded and noisy. Everytime there was some food missing so I had to ask to bring. There were not enough waiters for those crowds. One day there was no napkin to hold loaves of bread so everybody was touching bread. When I told this to the main waiter he said he would bring a napkin but I said: "And bread, too!" I was also surprised to find pasta and polenta at vegetable corner. But watermelon was very good and there was cappucino and espresso, too. We usually had coffee at the Privilege Lounge, because most of time there was nobody. There were just the same biscuits in different shapes there every morning and sometimes more in the afternoon, sometimes the same. It was only the last day that we could find some good dishes in the evening like stuffed baby pappers dry tomatos which were really very good. We felt they had very few guests with Privilege Lounge so they didn't care much about it. We ordered a taxi to the airport the previous day but it came about 10 min late without any apology. We thank Miss Dayana Leonel for her kindness. The best thing of this hotel is location. With my experience in Europe I can say this is more 3 star than 4 star hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mid-scale hotel for business trips or leisure New, freshly designed rooms are available. Experience the taste of the city from your room. Feel the touch of Downtown Budapest in one of the freshly designed rooms. You will enjoy being in the heart of the historical and business center of Budapest at Mercure Budapest City Center Hotel in Váci Street. The River Danube, museums, stylish restaurants and famous baths are within an easy reach. We offer free WiFi throughout the hotel and an Internet corner at the bar. You can choose from Privilege or Suites next to the standard rooms to ensure your full comfort. It is a straight road from the airport to the hotel and limited onsite parking is possible. Váci street, Vörösmarty square, UNESCO world heritage sights like the banks of the River Danube and Andrássy Avenue are at your feet. Benefit from the hotel central location and let us provide you with any information you might need during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Mercure Budapest City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Budapest City Hotel Budapest
- Accor Budapest City Center