“Business Trip to Budapest”

Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel
Ranked #115 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed April 9, 2014

A very convenient hotel in the centre of the city.I had business meetings at the airport which is about 35 minutes away by taxi..
Friendly helpful front desk staff who spoke excellent english.
Were more than happy to recommend tourist sights to see during my short stay.
Breakfast in the restaurant was very good, plenty of choices although a little crowded on the weekend. I was on the exec floor which offers a quieter breakfast area on the link between the two buildings during the weekd. Much nicer.
Regular sized rooms, mine was overlooking the street and tram station. Room was quiet as long as you kept the window closed. Unfortunately my air con was stuck on heat, the room was uncomfortably hot at times and so I had to have the window open to cool the room.
But all in all a comfortable and convenient hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Aussie_Bloke_7
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Aussie_Bloke_7,
Thank you for very much your positive comment. Among the advantages of our hotel there are the good location, the helpful staff, the possibility to have upgraded rooms (Privilege). The hotel is easily accessible from the airport as well, it takes only 25 minutes to get to the hotel. Thank you for your remark again, we hope your next business stay will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Doupik
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Reviewed April 4, 2014

Excellent Hotel, situated very close to Heroes Square, and the Danube, Kalvin Ter subway station is adjacent to the Hotel
Rooms very comfortable, and breakfast was very good, offering a good choice of hot or cold

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing out to the City
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank EdeneXplorer6
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Dear EdeneXplorer6,
Many thanks for your positive opinion you have shared about our hotel. We really appreciate hearing from you and reading that you were satisfied with the room and the breakfast. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

If you value customer service don't stay here, The front desk will not go out of their way for you once you are there. They tell you they can help with everything including arranging for taxi service to pick you up from the airport they just need your credit card ..of course no one shows up. Once you checked in they no longer want to have anything to do with you. After an entire week I still have yet to be greeted or asked if I need any help and they are just annoyed when you stand at the desk waiting for them to acknowledge you. Finally they just lack common sense and have poor attitudes. Will have my company remove this from their list of approved hotels for business travel.

Room Tip: Stay down the street
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Bella M
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Here we are again in the cosy premises of Corona Mercure,that me and my wife visited last October where we stayed for some dayys.My oppinion regarding the whole performance of
the staff in the Front Desk is a verry good one.Each of them helped me at any time that it was necessary and they behave with a highlly professional way,willing to help andto resolve any problem that arose. I personally was given a piece of help to issue my boarding card.

Room Tip: Rooms/SUITES facing the Calvin Square and statute as well as the old beautifull wach of the Calvini...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank 769THANOS
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear 769THANOS,
Thank you for posting your thoughts on here, we really value your feedback. Thank you for your very kind words. They are appreciated and our team will be delighted to hear that you and your wife enjoyed yourselves in Mercure Budapest Korona. Your valuable words were a real recognition of our every day effort. We really look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

We ordered a double bed, only to received 2 singles pushed together with 2 single duvets. Upon asking for a double duvet i was told that due to the hotel being too full there wasn't enough duvets to go around which to me seems odd in a hotel. Our room was located by the lift and whilst trying to sleep at night i was woken up many times by a load bleeping from the lift, noise could be heard very loudly from the hall ways.

Room space was nothing special, bathroom clean but lacked special touch.

Overall quite a poor experience i was lacking sleep for most of my stay.

You could even say it was MER..poor

Room Tip: Make sure you have a double bed.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Callumstein

Dear Callumstein,
Thank you for your comment. We are very sorry that your experience did not meet your full expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. We will share your comments with our team. Although we had very high level of occupancy during your stay, much better service should have been allocated to you. We are sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I visited Korona Hotel twice in the same month and I had 2 different check-ins each time. The first time I paid only the tourism taxes and signed a paper & the second time receptionist asked me to pay a deposit of around 40 euros (in forints) for the room extras before getting into my room!!! I've been at the exact same hotel twice before and explained that this is first time I've been asked such a thing...but receptionist (from the old staff) didn't want to understand what I was telling him and kept on insisting to pay, reaching the limits of being rude & arrogant at the same time!!!! I even asked if I could pay the deposit the next day, but...no chance!! Finally as I didn't had any exchange in forints I had to charge my credit card. Also the room which was given to me was absolutely depressing, very small comparing the previous times & no view at all!!!! I will never do same mistake twice.

Room Tip: The room which was given to me was absolutely depressing, very small comparing previous times I'...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Dear Nikos002,
Thank you for your detailed comments. We are sorry that your experience did not meet your full expectations, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies. Regarding your critical points, please note that according to our company policy we made credit card authorization just for guarantee upon check-in. Thank you once again for having given us information on your experience in Mercure Budapest Korona. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.