Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel
NH Budapest City(Budapest)
$86
$79
2,790 results
All reviewsbridge barprivilege roomkalvin termetro stationpool and saunanational museumexcellent locationmarket hallbusiness tripwalking distancecity breakthe rivercentral locationexcellent breakfasthop on hopvaci streetpublic transportation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Arriving blind without having read any background, this really was a feet first experience. Berlin was the closest destination I'd visited that I thought may privide a level of reference and pleasant surprises were in store. The hotel was the perfect base in terms of position and service. Our room on the ninth floor was quiet, comfortable and well designed offering all the usual travel convenience you'd expect. The Bridge Bar is s great spot to watch the gentle eb and flo of the city centre. We arrived at tea time and had been recommended the New York Cafe where the grandeur and relaxed service set the precedent for the visit. Walking back, we discovered the amazing array cafe bars, restaurants and pop up premises all offering a distinctly civilised repose amongst the historic opulence of the Austro-Hungarian architecture. It seemed the more you looked, the more there was to find. The historic spas were real taste of the culture that marked to height of the old imperial legacy. The Cezanne exhibition marked another interesting foray into the immense culture Europe offers. Budapest has it all.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank domtonutti
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear domtonutti,
Thank you for your nice words. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Mercure Budapest Korona and had a great time in Budapest. We hope we can welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I would never stay at this hotel again or recommend it to anyone I know. I have stayed in many hotels around the world and never have I stayed in one as bad as this. To start: 1. The bed wins the award for being the all-time WORST bed I have ever slept in. Imagine the worst sofa bed mattress that's hard, soft and lumpy all in one and then times it by a gazillion and that's what it was like to sleep on this bed. And when you sat on it, it was maybe an inch thick. It really should've been thrown out long, long ago. To make it worse, the sheets didn't even cover the board they had it on and I was too scared to even look at what was underneath. Not nice having to block out all thoughts about the bed in order to get some sleep. 2. The maid service was not good. Even though I nicely folded my towels on the railing each day, they kept taking the ones I had used and didn't replace them. By the end of my 3 night stay, I was down to one hand towel and nothing else, not even the bath mat. They also didn't replace the kleenex even though it ran out the night before and was clearly empty when they came in to clean. 3. My shower didn't work the first day and I called 3 times to have someone come to fix it. On the second call, I was informed they had come up to look at the sink even though there was no problem with it. While they were checking on the sink, they also used my toilet and didn't even put the seat back down! After the third call, they finally came and the shower issues were addressed. On the plus side, this hotel is in a great location and within walking distance to many sites and public transit and the breakfast was very good with a lot of options from which to choose. Still not enough to counteract the negatives though.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank FromMyWorldToYours

Dear FromMyWorldToYours,
Thank you for your time to share with us your experience after your stay in our hotel. We are pleased to read you enjoyed the central location of the hotel and the breakfast service as well. We are sorry that your experience did not meet your full expectations. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. Thank you for your remark regarding the mattresses. Although our hotel has been refurbished in the past years, we will definitely include your comments into our next renovation plan. It is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel is situated in 5 minutes on foot from one of the bridges across Danabe in the centre of the city near metro station. The location is very convenient for any reasons. The rooms are quite good, very clear and cosy. Breakfasts are the same each day, but you can find some dishes from eggs, sausages, vegetables, fruits etc. You won't be hungry after breakfast. The hotel provides swimming-pool, but I had no time to visit it. The staff is very disciplined, speaks English fluently. I recommend this hotel in Budapest.

Room Tip: I had room with windows incide hotel. The room was quite, but wasn't too bright. If you like sun, choose windows outside.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Wonder1977
Eszter1765, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Dear Wonder1977,
Thank you for your remark regarding your stay in our hotel. Our hotel has a very good location as you mentioned in your comment. It is located at the entrance of the new Main Street, few steps away from the shopping and restaurant area: Váci and Ráday street. We are very glad to read positive remarks concerning the staff and facilities of the hotel. I will certainly forward your nice words to my colleagues. We sincerely hope to see you back in our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I really liked the location of this hotel. It was very central, close to a metro centre, and close to scores of restaurants, cafes and bars. The staff very friendly and efficient. Rooms were clean and well laid out with a nice relaxing area. Breakfast at the hotel was good with a wide range of choice and again with a very efficient team on hand to serve. Very impressive. The real test is one i stay there again; absolutely

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Alex690
Eszter S, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Budapest Korona Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Alex S,
Thank you for your wonderful remarks. Your very positive feedback serves as an inspiration for our Team, thank you. We will continue our efforts to provide memorable service and hope very much we can welcome you back soon in Mercure Budapest Korona.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayd for only one nigt during business trip. Very good location. Helpful and very polite staff. Everything You need for both business and tourist stay. Breakfast and restaurants OK. Really nice, clean, calm and "no problem" place.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank wojtek66

Dear wojtek66,
Thanks for your review. We are glad you had a good stay with us at Mercure Budapest Korona and we hope to see you on your next business trip soon.