We stayed here 2 nights for free (as a result of participating in a Holiday Inn group promotion earlier in the year) and although the reception staff were aware of this, the service throughout was immaculate. We were personally shown to the room - including a tour of the spa as we wanted to swim.
We were upgraded to a superior room with a river view that was brilliant -superb views over to the Castle Hill, Royal Palace and Chain Bridge, especially at night. Although not a huge room it was very comfortable and cosy, with nice lighting and well sound proofed and comfy bed.
Our visit was for a pre-Christmas weekend, touring the city and seeing the nearby Christmas market. The hotel location was perfect for this, with the riverside No. 2 Tram stop right by the hotel, the nearest metro within 5 minutes walk, but in any case all the key sights within easy walking distance.
We visited the spa that was very good - the pool perhaps slightly on the cool side (it kept between 26-28C) and a very nice sauna - the steam room could get very hot. We also visited one of the hot spas for a very memorable time, also good for getting to meet local people.
Budapest is a beautiful city - a little more expensive than other central and eastern European cities we've visited, and mostly very friendly. The hotel breakfast sounded quite expensive if you paid for it separately so probably best to book it through a package with the room.
The hotel briefings warn you about a scam where women come up to you pretending to be lost, ask if you have a map, then ask if you want to go for a drink with them and if you do you could be charged a fortune (100s of Euros) for a couple of drinks. Two girls approached us exactly as the hotel guide had warned, and so we knew what was coming and politely declined!
All in all a perfect base for a city break visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Budapest hotel is situated directly by the Chain bridge overlooking the Royal Palace. This impressive hotel offers 402 beautifully appointed guestrooms, many of which enjoy a fabulous river-view. You may also choose from 18 exquisite Suites and a Presidential Suite. State-de-art conference facilities with capacity up to 900 person; 10 breakout rooms; Club Lounge with a breathtaking view of the Danube; SPA; 24 hr Fitness Centre, swimming pool, steam room and sauna; All day dining Corso Restaurant, Bar. An ideal choice for business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Budapest Hotel Budapest
- Budapest Intercontinental
- Intercontinental Hotel Budapest