InterContinental Budapest
$411
$202
TripAdvisor
3,657 results
All reviewsriver viewchain bridgeclub accessbuda castleroyal palaceacross the riverperfect locationlit up at nightexcellent hotelan upgradebreakfast buffet ischristmas markettram stopbuda sidefour seasonsbeautiful cityhop on hop
Reviewed December 5, 2009

The hotel location is fantastic right next to chain bridge and facing the castle. The room we had had a view of the castle which was fantastic at night when it was all lit up.

The staff could not be more helpful, and were very pleasent and all spoke english very well.

The bar was quite well priced too.

The but comes in because I booked the spa about 2 months ago for the day of my birthday when I arrived they said no booking had been made. I was very disappointed.

Overall I enjoyed my stay, especially the bottle of wine from the manager for my birthday.I would go again, actually very soon and hopefully will get my spa treatment without any hassle

• Stayed: November 2009
1  Thank arwen610
miloscerovic, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2009

Dear Arwen610:
Thank you again for your balanced and constructive feedback. As discussed in our email correspondence, I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and ensuring that your SPA InterContinental experience is a very memorable one.

Reviewed December 1, 2009

Service was excellent and prompt.
The room was bright and clean nicely furnished. Very comfortable.Adorable view.
Knowing that this hotel is just next to Lanchid bridge, the most beautiful one in Europe,this is most recommended hotel for staying in Budapest.
The best is Club Lounge.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
miloscerovic, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2009

Dear Air66:
Great to hear you enjoyed your time in our hotel and Club Lounge in particular. We are delighted to see that our guests are taking advantage of great promotions we are offering at the moment. I look forward to welcoming you back to InterContinental Budapest!

Reviewed November 27, 2009

Excellent location in the centre of city near main street, fantastic view over the river of the Royal Palace et al, short visit, walked almost everywhere, and good transport system, easy to use. Bus and train from airport, bus 200E and then blue metro line into city centre. Hotal staff efficient and helpful. Room picture postcard view from 8th floor. Check in staff very helpful. Budapest well worth a 2 day trip.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank nick365
miloscerovic, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2009

Dear Nick365:
On behalf of our employees at InterContinental Budapest, I would like to thank you for such a positive review. We do hope to see you return to our hotel in the not too distant future. Best regards!

Reviewed November 27, 2009

The Intercontinental Budapest is simply amazing. We had adjoining rooms with the most spectacular view ever. Especially at night the view of the castle and chain bridge illuminated is out of this world! The rooms were very comfortable and spotlessly clean.

The service level at the hotel is second to none. All of the staff were very courteous and pleasant. We had an executive deal booked and it was definitely worth it. The Executive Club is very sophisticated and stylish. The dinner snacks and drinks were great. Again a very nice view and relaxed and comfortable atmosphere.

The entire stay was great value for money.

The location is also something else. We love exploring cities by foot and this location and the beautiful weather made that a very easy thing to do. There's lots of nice restaurants and bars in close proximity as well as cultural places of interest and shops.

Next time I visit Budapest I'll definitely be staying at the Intercontinental again, no doubt!

• Stayed: April 2009
1  Thank yumyum5

Dear yumyum5:
I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to sum up your recent stay in our hotel and share it with other readers of this website. We are also delighted to hear that the attitude of our staff, our latest product enhancements and position of the hotel really made your experience memorable. Our team already looks forward to having an opportunity to welcome you back to Hungary and InterContinental Budapest.

Reviewed November 2, 2009

Perfect location to see Buda and Pest easily. Good facilities. Great views. We did have to pay the 25E up-charge for the river/castle view. Our room was a bit small but the view was worth it. The staff was excellent, especially the concierge service. My husband had a medical emergency that required a doctor visit to the hotel, late check-out, help with luggage in the train station, etc. and they were very helpful. Special thanks to the reservation desk and Concierge Csa'kva'ry Laszlo' and Bra'nyi Zolta'n! They were very professional and a HUGE help to us!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
miloscerovic, Executive Assistant Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2009

Dear ChicagoCoverGirl:
Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your recent stay in our hotel. It is truly inspiring to read such positive comments about the service levels in the hotel. Rest assured that I will personally recognize the two employees and thank them for providing such outstanding service to you and your husband. Until our next opportunity to welcome you to our hotel, I remain with my best regards.