I stayed for 7 nights with my husband in July and was disappointed. The service ranging from the concierge to the bar staff was mediocre. They made you feel as though they didn't want your business. I was especially disappointed by the staff at the bar. I went there 3 times and each time, they were very slow, sullen and did not even bother to smile at us. I think that is what was missing - a smile and sparkle here or there.
The location was superb, being on the Pest side, with a great view of the castle and near all transport.
The buffet breakfast was excellent with American, Japanese, European breakfast in abundance.
However, I wouldn't return to Budapest as I found the city lacked the buzz of Prague and the people unhelpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Budapest hotel is situated directly by the Chain bridge overlooking the Royal Palace. This impressive hotel offers 402 beautifully appointed guestrooms, many of which enjoy a fabulous river-view. You may also choose from 18 exquisite Suites and a Presidential Suite. State-de-art conference facilities with capacity up to 900 person; 10 breakout rooms; Club Lounge with a breathtaking view of the Danube; SPA; 24 hr Fitness Centre, swimming pool, steam room and sauna; All day dining Corso Restaurant, Bar. An ideal choice for business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Jetsetter, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Budapest Hotel Budapest
- Budapest Intercontinental
- Intercontinental Hotel Budapest