Lowest prices for your stay
$192
Expedia.com$192
Priceline$192
travelup.com$224
4,269 results
All reviews river view chain bridge buda castle across the river excellent location an upgrade breakfast buffet is buda side beautiful city tram stop fantastic hotel corso lounge hop
Selected filters
Reviewed November 25, 2014

We just got back from our first visit to Budapest.
Although we have travelled throughout Europe and the US, I just about fainted when we pulled up to the hotel entrance in the evening.
The view of the river, bridges, castle, all lit up, with a foggy mist over all, was one of the most beautiful and romantic views I've seen.
Add to that the best beds ever, great desk staff, free computer in the lobby, huge glass windows in the lobby so that the view of the river is ever present, the low price, and we will certainly be coming back here.
Budapest itself is cosmopolitan, nternational, beautiful, lively, delicious, interesting, and has world class shopping.
I'm surprised I haven't heard more about this city, as one of the great capitals of the world.

Room tip: For an extra price, you can book a room with a view of the river. We didn't do this, but thoroughly enjoyed the view from the beautiful lobby, with its jumbo glass windows.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Claus G, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2014

Dear littledebnewyork,
Thank you very much for your comment which in my opinion tells the most why one shall visit Budapest as a destination and choose InterContinental for accommodation. Take this unforgettably charming view with you as a postcard among your memories and share it by telling your experience to friends and family members. I hope to see you back soon.
With all best wishes,

Reviewed November 24, 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at Intercontinental, I can highly recommend the upgrade to river view - amazing! We had a room on the 7th floor and the views were just fantastic. Our floor was non-smoking which was great for us, if you don't smoke be sure to ask for non smoking. The bed was super comfy, just what was needed after a days sightseeing. Regretfully we didn't have time for the spa but treatments were well priced.
Check in was efficient but not overly friendly and check out was again efficient. We visited concierge once during our stay and whilst he gave us the answer we needed he was brisk and not overly friendly and in fact turned away from us before we got a chance to ask further a further question.
The bar staff were great and made some lovely cocktails for us during our stay, always very friendly.
An excellent hotel in a beautiful city - I would definitely recommend a stay.

Room tip: Choose a high floor and book for a river view
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear 10661981,
Thank you very much for staying three nights in InterContinental Budapest and writing about your experience. I am very happy that you enjoyed your the amazing view from your high floor river facing non-smoking room. Thank you for briefing your interaction with the staff and for recommending the hotel to other visitors, too. I am looking forward to welcoming you on your return to the city.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed November 23, 2014

I was fortunate to have a ninth floor room on the river side of the hotel, which provided the most perfect view of the Danube and Castle among other beautiful landmarks. I was impressed with Budapest overall, but very happy to have stayed in this particular hotel. The service was spectacular (to include someone handing me a bottle of water as I came in from a run!) and the food (in both the large restaurant downstairs and in the lounge on floor 1) was outstanding. I loved that the hotel was within walking distance to everything! I've read that others have had issues with internet, but since I did not have a problem with WiFI, I assume it was temporary. I did go to the spa for a massage, which was very easily booked and one of the most relaxing parts of my stay. If you choose this hotel, you will not be disappointed!

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear DML17,
Thank you very much for sharing your opinion which is delighting to read. I am most glad that you were happy to stay at the InterContinental Budapest and were impressed with our services. We like to take care of our guests needs at any detail let it be even a bottle of water offered after jogging in the city or easily handled relaxation massage booking. I am very much excited about your next return to the city.
With best regards,

Reviewed November 23, 2014 via mobile

I can't understand why this hotel isn't higher up in ranking. The value for money is excellent!
This hotel is right by the river.

Tip: email reservations and ask for a room with a view of the Chain Bridge to get rooms angled as such, rather than just facing the river. Book early and pay prices similar to those for lesser hotels. Rather than pay €28 for breakfast you can eat locally.

I've noticed in most cities that Intercontinental hotels normally have the best location for rooms with a view. If there's a river, they're on it at a prime location.

We had a double queen chain Bridge view room with a sofa that converts into a large single bed. All beds were equally very comfortable. Spotlessly clean, the only let down was the bathroom, which although clean does indicate the age of these hotels. They could do with a revamp but this is a minor. The view from our room is the most spectacular I've experienced anywhere. I'd like to wake up there every day!

Staff are friendly and helpful. This hotel really made our stay magical. Going back!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank SuzyKyu

Dear SuzyKyu,
Thank you very much for sharing your hotel experience. I am happy that you mention you found the value for money excellent and nevertheless enjoyed the comfort of our Danube facing deluxe room. I am delighted to read as you recognize InterContinental hotels are situated at carefully selected locations surrounded by a favourable environment. I am glad you had a magical stay with us and looking forward to repeat it on your return!
Kind regards,

Reviewed November 23, 2014

This hotel is right on the river, a stone's throw from the chain bridge and lookin up on the castle. For tourism, you're not going to get a much better location! Views from my room were stunning, and from the bar pretty great too. The number 2 tram stops outside, to get you to parliament (otherwise a 5 minute walk), and there's a few metro stops nearby. Otherwise, tonnes of taxis to be found!

Staff were very friendly and helpful, rooms where good, pool small but nice for a quick dip (you can't seriously extercise though given the small size). Food wasn't cheap, but was very good quality.

The building isn't quite as impressive as the Corinthia or the Four Seasons, but otherwise is almost as good, and given the price difference you'd have to want the fancy building to justify not staying here. Great hotel, I'll be back!

Room tip: Get a river side room, the views are stunning!
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Gagravarr,
Thank you very much for your compliments. I am very glad that you found InterContinental Budapest well located, right in the centre of panoramic views, convenient transportation services of the city and close to points of attraction. Thank you for mentioning your hotel experiences and highlighting quality services. You are always most welcomed here.
With best regards,