We ended our Avalon River Cruise by staying in Budapest an extra night. As others have stated, this hotel is in a wonderful location. We checked in early and the king room we reserved was not ready for us so we took a room with two beds and no view, as we had spent a week on a Danube river cruise. If you have not spent time on a river cruise, I would suggest upgrading to a room with a view. Our room was OK but boring. AC didn't work that well.
The front desk/reception area was busy but very accommodating. Our extra day was on a Sunday so many stores were closed. Since we only had the one day to see the sites, we bought hop-on hop-off bus tickets at the hotel. After seeing the city on the bus, we wanted to eat at an outdoor restaurant. The hotel staff told us to walk a couple of blocks to the main pedestrian street, where all the stores and restaurants were open, and we sat outside and had an early dinner and people watched - we saw a lot of beautiful people. That evening we sat outside at the hotel patio and watched as the city became a city of lights. It is a magical and beautiful city at night! We had a 2:30 a.m. wake-up call to get to the airport by 4:30 a.m. The reception desk had a to-go box breakfast waiting for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Budapest hotel is situated directly by the Chain bridge overlooking the Royal Palace. This impressive hotel offers 402 beautifully appointed guestrooms, many of which enjoy a fabulous river-view. You may also choose from 18 exquisite Suites and a Presidential Suite. State-de-art conference facilities with capacity up to 900 person; 10 breakout rooms; Club Lounge with a breathtaking view of the Danube; SPA; 24 hr Fitness Centre, swimming pool, steam room and sauna; All day dining Corso Restaurant, Bar. An ideal choice for business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, IHG, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your InterContinental Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Budapest Hotel Budapest
- Budapest Intercontinental
- Intercontinental Hotel Budapest