“Perfect hotel!”

InterContinental Budapest
Ranked #27 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed there in June 2013, which was the first destination of our honeymoon.
Perfect location. Whenever we had questions and needed some help, I asked the Concierge. and we always got perfect help. (I actually sent an e-mail to the hotel prior to our trip, asking how the situation of flood was, and got a nice detailed response.) The restaurant he recommended and booked for us was wonderful!

Due to the flood, we couldn't do river cruise. but we fully enjoyed our stay in Budapest.
We enjoyed the organ concert at St. Stephen's Basilica. We joined a free walking tour which we could join as we purchased Budapest card. We could purchase wonderful Hungarian crafts at Hungary Folk Art Kft@1052. Váci utca 30 Budapest. Overall, our trip to Budapest was completely perfect. and that was because we stayed at the InterContinental Budapest.

We'll definitely visit there again one day.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Danube It costs more. but it's worth!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Claus G, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear masakotnk,
Thank you very much for taking your time writing about your honeymoon trip to Hungary. I am pleased that you chose InterContinental Budapest for this special occasion and that you were delighted by the service you received. I am happy that we could contribute to make it a memorable stay at every aspect and very much looking forward to host you again, hopefully on the occasion of your anniversary.
Best regards,

Reviewed June 4, 2014

I would like to thank you for your welcoming service and great hotel.
I only spent a few days in the hotel, due to some business and it was fascinating.
Very fast check in and the reception, great and clever consiege who gave me fantastic tips about where to go to dinner.
Not to forget about the view that I had from my room, which was incredible. Looking over the gorgeous castle and Chain bridge. Incredible! If you want to see the nicest side of budapest this is the place to stay deffinately.
I would also recommend the Club lounge, which has one of the best services I have ever seen. Fresh food, always full of different meals. The receptionist was very nice always had a smile on her face, as I recall it was Alexandra. She even helped me with my flight tickets without even asking! Thank you a lot! And for the other part I will never forget was the smile of Kristina in the club, who always welcomed me for happy hours with my favorite drink and was giving me a fantastic service in all her languages. amazing!
I would recommend all business travelers and other poeple who like good hotels and nice service to go there. you will not regret it!

Room Tip: 9-th floor!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dra K
Claus G, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Dra K,
Thank you for sharing your experiences about your recent stay in our hotel. I am pleased to hear about how you enjoyed our welcoming services especially mentioning the Reception, Concierge and Club Lounge staff - I will draw their attention to your praising words. Thank you for recommending our services other travellers, too. I look forward to welcoming you again in the not too distant future.
Best regards,

Reviewed June 3, 2014

This hotel is excellent for every requirement.
Location, service, rooms, staff, etc.
My room was facing the Danuble river and the beautiful view kept me in the room. I couldn't resist missing any second of looking at the river or the castle whether in the day or in the night.
The location is close all places from shopping to dining,sight seeing, thaters or cafes.
The river promenade is a step from the door and they an outdoor café with a relaxing atmosphere.
The service is impeccable and the staff are very cooperative and polite.
Definitely I will be coming again!

Room Tip: Pick a river view room
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 0Michel

Dear 0Michel,
thank you for writing your review. I feel proud reading how satisfied you were with our services, the relaxing atmosphere of the hotel and the cooperative staff. It would be my pleasure to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We enjoyed a great stay at the InterContinental while on a short trip to Budapest. The hotel is centrally located near all of the sights, which makes touring the city on foot a breeze. The reception staff is very friendly and helpful (they even helped me print tickets that I had booked online to see an Opera without extra charges), and the cafe/bar in the lobby is an excellent place to relax. Our room was well sized and comfortable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jessica S,
Thank you for writing your comment. I am pleased to see that the front desk staff was found to be friendly and efficient in assisting your requests. It is great that you found the lobby and bar area a perfect retreat area for relaxation. I am very much looking forward to a warm welcome in the near future.
With best regards,

Reviewed June 3, 2014

This hotel is one of the best I have stayed in.We stayed in a room with a view overlooking the river.No better view can be had anywhere.The hotel is convenient for restaurants, river cruises & the inner city.The food in the hotel is very good.The staff are extremely helpful & made our stay very enjoyable.Would certainly stay here again

Room Tip: room with a river view is a must
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear mikee14,
thank you for sharing your opinion. I especially liked to read that InterContinental Budapest was one of the best hotel experiences you have ever had. I am happy that the expected level of convenience was exceeded and the extremely helpful staff made your stay even more enjoyable. Looking forward to the next chance to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

The InterContinental is great hotel for everything. Every single person that works here is friendly and helpful. The service was phenomenal and the atmosphere was fantastic to be around.

The rooms here are beautiful, and have great views over the river and city .
The bed was like a cloud and the amenities are fantastic.

Even before you check in they do whatever they can to make your stay perfect.
The hotel is located in Downtown Budapest, right on the Danube, and its convenient if you're going for a tour or for business.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the Danube cost more, but what a view. worth the money.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Chaim B,
I wish to express my appreciation for writing your comment. I immediately became delighted to see that you found our service phenomenal and the atmosphere fantastic. It's like to read a poem that the bed was like a cloud for you. I am really happy to hear about a perfect stay in InterContinental Budapest. I am looking forward the next opportunity for a warm welcome here again.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many times on business but am always so rushed that I have never had the opportunity to fully appreciate it or the beautiful City. So I came for a 3 night break with my partner for her birthday (she had never been to Budapest). When you step back and look at the hotel through a fresh pair of eyes, you realise just how special it is.

The view over the Danube never gets boring. We tended to sleep with the curtains open. The rooms are almost secondary to the view but they are very large with a wonderful bed.

What sets this hotel apart from others is the staff though. Every one of them are exceptional and you are treated with such importance from the moment you walk through the door.

Breakfast is special - you could spend an hour on that alone - and the bar is very reasonable and a lovely place to sit at night.

I don't know what else to say other than Stay Here.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GA1504

Dear GA1504,
I wish to say thank you not only for writing your review but also for choosing InterContinental Budapest again as a destination of a special city break combined with celebrating your partner's birthday. I was getting very excited to read your comment on the exceptional staff that aparts us from others in your eyes. Thank you for complimenting the breakfast selection with the bar service and for recommending us to others . All on this we can be very proud of. I am looking forward to the next opportunity to be at service of you.
With best regards,