“What a View from this Hotel room! the bridge is wonderful”

InterContinental Budapest
Ranked #30 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We stayed here for a weekend, it was lovely. Very easy journey from the airport. Lovely breakfast. Very comfortable spacious room, with spectacular panoramic river views. When the bridge was lit up at night it was magical. Lovely city, very interesting place to visit. Would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for River view its well worth the extra.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Claus G, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear CouplefromStaffs,
Thank you very much for writing your comment. I am happy that you had a pleasant & unforgettable experience in our hotel and found the room comfortable. I look forward to your next visit in town.
With best regards,

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Budapest

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

This hotel's architecture doesn't fit in with Budapest in general but I realized they probably designed it to have glass exposure so that the view of the Buda side cannot be missed!!! Everywhere you sit in lobby, lounge, and river view you see the beauty of Buda side! Day or night the view is unbelievable!!! Make the reserv. Early so that you don't pay arm and leg for view room. The breakfast is very good and the staff are nice. The cleaning crew is also very good. We were family of four so having two connecting room made our stay more comfortable. At night there is a great lounge band, The hotel is right next to bridge, river tour boats, and few blks from promenades, popular streets and the metro is close by. There are also tons of taxis. Be careful with taxi make sure they are badged or have hote/ restaurant call one for you.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank ewagner26
Claus G, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Dear ewagner26,
Thank you for taking your time writing your comment. Thank you for taking note of the design-view correlation. I am happy that you were satisfied with the cleaning services, the breakfast and the evening music. I found your city related information useful. I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
With kind regards,

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Had a great stay at the Intercontinental last week. Great location with magnificent views. Each room faces the Danube. Plenty of restaurants around locally and a cheap little mini market behind it down the road. Front desk staff were very helpful, but though door staff was a little stuffy. They didn't seem to enjoy their job much. Concierge was helpful and offered good insights, nice lobby were you can sit and have a drink too

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Claus G, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear osubarry,
thank you for writing your comment. I am pleased to see how much you enjoyed the magnificent view and was interested towards the staff. I am happy that you were satisfied with the insight recommendation of our concierge team. I am looking forward to hosting you on your next visit.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on visiting Budapest for the first time. We are widely travelled and stay at many good hotels. But the customer service experience we had at this hotel was exceptional from our registration till departure. We wish to thank Bogdan Front desk Mgr and Gyula Rooms division director for making our stay at your hotel so memorable as we had one of the best rooms overlooking the buda castle and bastille church and freedom bridge. In particular, the attendants at the club lounge were so efficient, friendly and always willing to please. I wish to thank Zoltan and Eniko for all their kindness and making our visits to the lounge so nice as they were always so welcoming and offering their services. We will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and be visiting very soon again

Room Tip: Ask for the 7 th floor facing the river and the castle and church.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Julie K,
Thank you very much for writing your comments about your recent stay and experience. I am very happy to read that you found excellent service overall in our hotel especially comparing to your wide travelling experiences. Thank you for drawing attention to our nice staff standing at guests disposal and I will forward your compliments to them personally. I am delighted that you are recommending InterContinental as a great choice for visitors in Budapest.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

The hotel is fantastic.

We were upgraded to a river view room free of charge.

The hotel is spotless and has a large number of facilities including a great gym and pool.

I would definitely recommend this to all ages.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Rhartles,
thank you for writing your comment on your short break. I am happy that you found the hotel spotless, enjoyed different facilities and recommend with confidence.
Kind regards,

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Stayed here just before taking a river cruise. One of the best hotels we've ever stayed at. Staff was quick, attentive and respectful. Room was extremely comfortable with a glorious view of the river. Bath was good, bed was great and food in the restaurant was always excellent. Would definitely recommend this well located and well organized property to those on business or pleasure trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoomZoom

Dear RoomZoom,
Thank you very much for writing your review. I am much pleased to read that it's been one of the best hotel experiences with attentive and respectful hotel staff at the background. I am happy to read your compliments on the room and restaurant comfort. Thank you for recommending our property to other visitors.

Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

I've heard good things about this hotel, but actually I wasn't impressed. Firstly they messed up my room booking and whilst they were quick enough to change it, I ended up with a view of the buildings across the street, not the Danube as expected. The hotel commented that if I insisted on a double that's what was available to me. Very disappointed given this is a corporate account for them.

Next thing was that when they moved me, they also
Changed my rate - to the standard room rate, not the discounted corporate .... It took some arguing but they did sort it on checkout.

Beer - expensive! More so than the marriott about 0.5 miles down the road... And that's expensive itself.

Room 452 - not particularly spacious. Channels not a particularly great English. Wifi Internet does also not work well in this room. Bed felt small though was comfortable.

Bar - When ordering food and drink in bar this was fine, but the waitress assumed rather than return my change that it was a tip... I would have given it anyway, but that was completely the wrong thing to do.

Breakfast - this was good. Good choice, and not rushed to complete.

This is a real shame as I was looking for a place to stay when I bring the family later in the year. It's unlikely to be here!

I'm sure with the right conditions this hotel with its Danube views would be a much better place to stay.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dave B
Claus G, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear dbutcher,
Thank you for taking the time to write in regards to your recent stay. I was concerned to read about your experience in connection to misunderstanding about your allocation and meal service. Although it is painful to hear when the stay is not up to one's satisfaction I find it very important to be aware of how much every detail counts - especially when being abroad at a different cultural atmosphere and unfamiliar surroundings. I hope that this one-time experience will not deter you and we can welcome you with the usual prompt and friendly service again.
Yours sincerely,