InterContinental Budapest
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
3,624 results
All reviewsriver viewchain bridgeclub accessbuda castleroyal palaceacross the riverperfect locationlit up at nightexcellent hotelan upgradebreakfast buffet ischristmas markettram stopbuda sidefour seasonsbeautiful cityhop on hop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The hotel was fabulous! The room was big, comfortable, quiet and very clean. We asked (and payed extra) for a room with a river view, and it was worth it! The view is fantastic both in the morning, at the sunset and at night.
But the highlight is the breakfast. We never had such a rich breakfast in Europe... There is something for every one and every taste.
The location is great - 4 minutes from a metro station, (or 10 minutes walk from Deak metro station, which connects the 3 main lines of the metro), 2 minutes walk from the Chain Bridge.
My wife had a massage in the hotel's spa and was quite pleased with it.

Room Tip: Do not hasitate - take a river view room, and a breakfast.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Gilgordon,
thank you very much for placing your review. I am glad to read that you found the hotel fabulous with comfort, cleanliness, fantastic view and an enjoyable breakfast experience. I am happy to hear that your wife took advantage of our spa treatments and was satisfied with it. I would be most happy to welcome you both again in our hotel.
Best regards,

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed for 4 night's from 9/3/14 to 13/3/14. Perfect time of year to visit, weather is getting better & Tourist attraction's are quiet. I was traveling with a female friend & we felt very safe walking about at night. We walked everywhere and the City is easy to Navigate. You can see all the main spot's from the Hotel. Beautiful City, clean and very friendly with fantastic local food. Market hall is a must, we also went to New York Cafe and Holocaust Museum .

I emailed the Hotel a week before we arrived to Explain we were visiting for my friend's 30th and would it be possible to have a river view. I never received a reply and we were given a small (very clean) room at the back of Hotel. I wasn't disappointed though as the Hotel is amazing, great Breakfast and most attentive dining room staff i have experienced. we used the Bar several time's they always remembered us and were keen to chat, tell us about local places, and ask how we were enjoying our stay.

On our second morning we were woken at 7am by the workmen outside which we felt was a bit early to start, Hotel wasn't full so we asked if we could move maybe higher up. It was no problem and by the time Breakfast was eaten our new room was ready. We were told we were going further along on the same floor which was ok as they were working on the other corner, however when we received our Key we were 1 floor up, in a family room looking onto Castle Hill. Cant thank every member of staff enough for there care and attention.
Fab to have the pool open late at night to so you can unwind after a Busy day.Had such a good experience i have already booked to go back for 4 nights on the 30th Nov with my Husband and Parent's to see the Xmas Market's.

This is the best location you will get, for aces to Tour Buses ,Boat's e.c.t and Vaci St for night life, food and shopping. We looked at a few Hotel's but we made the best decision. Didn't have time to try the Bath's but will go next time.

Room Tip: If you have a river View , one of the higher floor's is best there are 9 and we had a Fantastic View from 8, simply stunning at night, we didn't want to leave the room. Think all rooms will be quiet and all the outside work is complete now.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Isla102014,
I am very happy that you wrote your comments about your experiences. Reading it I would like to express that all your feedback is valuable for us. It is great to learn how easily you could navigate in the city to find the places of interest for you. Regarding the room I read gladly that you found it clean and became satisfied. Being approachable is having utmost importance for us and all customer emails are answered that reach us. Thanking the staff for being careful and attentive I find very much pleasing. I am especially glad that we can be at service of you hosting your family again in November.
With warm regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Although this hotel is a little bit old now it still meets the standards you would expect from an Intercon. The service is exceptional and it has the perfect location on the banks of the river. If you are lucky enough to get a room overlooking the river then the views are stunning. The rooms are a little small, and as an IHG Platinum holder I got an upgrade and it was still pretty small. However for one or two nights then this is just a small niggle. The gym is adequately equipped too.

Room Tip: River side is better.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear JT S,
I am glad that you took time marking your comments on the website. I am pleased that you have chosen Intercontinental for your stay in Budapest and especially that you recall the service provided as being exceptional. It is great that you could enjoy the stunning world-heritage view from our window and that I find you satisfied with the fitness services. I am looking forward to your return with a warm welcome.
Best regards,

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights. Currently the entrance is nearing completion and when it is done your arrival will be in style again and the promenade along the river will be opened. The outside porter was very attentive as the taxi had to pull up away from the makeshift entrance and park next to contsruction. Check is was breezy and efficient (no club lounge offer, which surprised us). Great room with wonderful view. Yes, the bathroom is much smaller than most other Intercontinentals, but clean and everything you need is there. Great beds and proper, functioning AC. No extra's in the room (you get used to extras as an ambassador), but room service was speedy and well organized. All staff here are friendly and well trained to assit you in whatever you need. Would go again, and people, do not underestimate the Location.....

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ErikNL2011
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear ErikNL2011,
thank you for taking your time writing your comment about your stay. I am very glad that you found the outside porter attentive. I am happy that you took notice about the cleanliness of the bathroom and the comfort of the beds. I read with delight that you found all staff friendly and well trained to assist your needs. I look forward to your next visit in Budapest to be at service of you.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Everything about our four-night stay at the Intercontinental was perfect. The staff is polite and always ready to help with anything you need, and the concierge is friendly and accommodating. The breakfast has everything imaginable, served fresh. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. There is a great spa on the second floor. Finally, the view to the Danube river is surreal and the hotel is located in the most convenient spot to tour the city. In short, fabulous!

ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Techelet,
I am very glad that you took time to note about your stay experiences. I find it so great that you mention about being satisfied regarding your interactions with our staff. I am happy that you found the room spacious and comfortable with an amazing, almost surreal view of the ever-flowing river. It makes me delighted hearing that you took advantage of our spa facilities and are recommending to others. I hope to be standing at your disposal on your next trip to this lovely city.
Kind regards,