“Great hotel with excellent service”

InterContinental Budapest
Ranked #30 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed here for 5 days for a conference. I was very pleased that I had reserved a room with a view over the Danube and the Palace - what a picture. The staff were fluent in English and extremely helpful in all aspects. The food in the restaurant was very good throughout and room service was of the same standard. Comfortable room, ensuite with in bath shower, could do with a renewal.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank A9J5
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear A9J5,
thank you for placing your review. I am pleased that you and your colleagues have chosen InterContinental Budapest as a venue for your conference. I am happy that you found the staff extremely helpful and that both restaurant and room service meals met your expectations on standard. I look forward to welcoming you again in one of our comforting rooms in the near future.
Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Budapest

Reviewed January 25, 2014

The best part of this hotel is the location. It's right on the river adjacent to the chain bridge. All of the major sights are easily within walking distance. Rooms are large and nicely decorated. Our booking also included the breakfast buffet, which was large and very good. The only downside was the wifi, which they charge an arm and a leg for.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marssl
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear marssl,
thank you very much for your review. Thank you very much for highlighting the "perfect" location of our hotel which enables our guests to reach the main attractive sights easily. I am happy to hear that you took advantage and enjoyed our buffet breakfast. In regards to wi-fi charges I would like to inform you that from 1st January 2014 all IHG Rewards Club members have access to free standard internet in our hotel. I very much look forward to a warm welcome on your next visit in Budapest and our hotel.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

The hotel has magnificent views and the staff are well trained and courteous BUT the rooms are still set in the 1980s and are desperately in need of modernisation and in particular the bathrooms which really are more appropriate for a 3 star hotel than the claimed 5 stars!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Andrew_MT5172BV

Dear Andrew_MT5172BV,
thank you for taking your precious time to write your comment. I am happy that you liked the magnificent view and especially it makes me proud that you found the staff well trained. I am sad to read your personal opinion about the interior. It might have been disappointing for you to look for joyful experience through modernized environment. I would like to reassure you that we continuously pay attention to keep the building well maintained and the inside atmosphere carefully decorated for the most comfort of our guests in order to harmonize with the charm of the city heritage style. I hope we can welcome you again in our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

This Hotel is really worth stopping in, facilities first class, staff wonderful, spacious room and bathroom with view over Danube. Quiet with the public areas spacious and comfortable all with a stunning view over the river. Breakfast delicious, plus delicious snacks in the bar area as well as full meals in the dining-room. a short walk to St Stephen's, attractions and the underground, three stations to the Opera House. Easy Walk over the bridge to the chair lift up to the castle.

Room Tip: Rooms on the River Danube side with view of the Castle.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo

Dear TrishAnnC,
thank you for taking your time writing your comment. I am happy that you found our facilities first-class and worthy to stopping in. I see that you have spent quality time to go around the city as well. Thank you for taking a note about the comfort of the room and the spacious public area. I hope we can welcome you in Budapest again.
Best wishes,

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

On arrival we upgraded to a river view and it was just amazing! Great view.

The rooms were very clean and luxurious. The sleeping comfort was fantastic.

Wifi was free and strong signal.

Breakfast was delicious. Very large selection to choose from.

Staff were friendly.

The dinners were reasonable priced.

I'll definitely be recommending this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Emma-Leigh S
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Emma-Leigh,
thank you very much for writing your comment about your hotel experiences. I am really happy to read such a satisfying review. I am very much pleased that you found the room luxurious and you could sleep well. Thank you for mentioning that you found the wifi connection strong and for recommending other Budapest-visitors to stay in our hotel.
I hope to be hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This hotel has a fantastic location right next to the river with a magnificent view to the castle. You will love your stay. The breakfast buffet was terrific. The rooms are clean and spacious. The service is great. You are in walking distance to the Buda Castle District, shopping area, parliament etc.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank gottrup_friis
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear gottrup_friis,
thank you for writing your review. I am happy that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel and Budapest. I am glad that we could contribute to your memorable vacation by hosting you and providing a great service.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

My girlfriend and I spent a week at the Intercontinental and we must say everything was quite good.
Location is perfect, every main spots are easily reachable walking or with easy transportation.
Restaurant staff was extremely courteous and kind, the food was delicious.
We also appreciated the bar staff and their drinks.
Concierges were always smiley and friendly.

The downside of our stay was the room, know they have amazing rooms, with high quality of sleeping standards, also very well supplied with toiletries and cleaned everyday (we must reckon housekeeping works very well both for rooms and public areas), but we booked a king-size and we got a not so big twin room with two beds joined together, which made our nights a bit uncomfortable as there was a gap in between the beds.
We expressed our small concern a few minutes later at the man at the Reception and he said he would have arranged a room move, if we left the bags packed. So we did it and we went out.
Once back, we asked the new room number to the Lady present at that moment, but she was surprised and she said that there was no information about a room move.
We decided to keep the one we had as we didn't want to have much discussion for a small issue.
However, that left us down also because, upon reservation, we specified it was a special occasion. We know that in hotels nothing is guaranteed, but having a smaller room, with no view and uncomfortable bed it is always a bit disappointing.
Otherwise, everything was pretty much perfect and the receptionist at the check out was very nice and friendly. Also the porters and doormen are very polite and helpful.
This is the only reason why we don't feel like we want to rate our stay with full scores.
We would probably consider to go back, only with the awareness that things like these will be held more carefully, as expected in a top class hotel like Intercontinental and most of the IHG ones.

Room Tip: There is a big gap in "wow" factor between room facing the back of the hotel ("buildi...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SMCS_13
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear SMCS_13,
thank you very much for taking your time writing your comment. I was all the way interested to read it through. I need to say I feel concerned while stepping into your shoes at certain points of discomfort. On the other hand I am glad that you paid special attention to the staff regarding the hard-working housekeepers and the friendly front desk. I feel touched that you would choose InterContinental Budapest again. I can reassure you we like to make our guests leaving with the most positive feelings & having uplifting memories and experiences collected here with us.