“Fabulous view.”

InterContinental Budapest
Ranked #26 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
“Fabulous view.”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed here with our two children age 11 & 13 at the beginning of December 2013. It was our first visit to Budepest and could not have picked a better hotel. The view from our room was spectacular. Like a postcard. We used the club room where the children were made most welcome. Ideally positioned for walking to all the major tourist spots. Especially the Christmas markets. Will definitely be back. The Mills family.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Lorrainemacmills
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Lorrainemacmills,
thank you very much for taking your time for the comment. I am pleased to read you writing that you could not have picked a better hotel for a family vacation. Our view from the riverside rooms is really like one of the most fascinating postcards picturing the world heritage landscape. I am most happy that your children felt the welcoming atmosphere of the Club Lounge provided by the staff here. I am very much looking forward to the next opportunity to welcome you again in InterContinental Budapest.
Kind regards,
Claus Geisselmann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,002)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Highly recommended. Not the newest hotel, but in an excellent location right on the river. I had the most beautiful view from my room right onto the Chain Bridge and Castle / Fisherman's Bastion! Right next to the Chain Bridge and in walking distance to Andrássy út (boulevard with UNESCO world heritage status), metro station and shopping district Váci utca. Very nice Club Lounge, helpful & attentive concierge staff. The Spa is small but I was happy with the treatment which I had booked.

Room Tip: beautiful view ... make sure to book a room facing the Danube river!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Monontour
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Monontour,
I am pleased to read your review. I am getting enthusiastic that you recommend our hotels to others. I seems that you could easily get oriented towards the main attractions of the city from our central location. I am very happy that you mention the helpful, attentive staff in the Club Lounge and the Concierge. and I am pleased that you could enjoy the Spa treatment as well. I do look forward to a friendly welcome on your next trip, too.
Kind regards,
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I've been to Budapest a few times and have stayed at the Kempinski Corvinus previously but it's been a couple of years since my last visit. This trip was a few days away with friends over the US Thanksgiving holiday. I'm a good global customer of IC, so I decided to stay here. From my previous travels, I was familiar with the location - which is right on the Danube right next to the Chain Bridge. There are 3 major hotels right in this area - the InterConti, the Sofitel (across the street) and the Four Seasons. Within walking distance are a number of restaurants/bars, shopping, the Jewish Quarter, a bit past that the Great Market Hall and right across the river Castle Hill.

In terms of location, the InterConti can't be beat. The hotel itself is an older property (not old like the FS) but extremely well maintained. The staff is pleasant and the concierge team is good - they turned me on to a couple of very nice dining experiences in Budapest (this is key because you can eat very well in Budapest with a little local assistance).

I was upgraded to a small suite with a great view of the river and Castle Hill. I would suspect that the view from virtually any river-facing room would be excellent. The room itself was functional and comfortable (separate work/sitting room with a couch and a bedroom with a large bed and plenty of space). The bathroom was of average size, but well done and had excellent water pressure. There were plenty of electrical outlets in the room and the basic services like laundry were efficient and not overly expensive.

The bar room was quite well done and nice and there is a small outdoor siting area as well. I didn't eat in the hotel (no real reason to with the excellent location) but based on my experience the food service would be quite good here.

In terms of quality and value, the IC Budapest is at the top of the list and can compete easily with the best hotels in the city.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank CS_NewYorkCity
Dear CS_NewYorkCity,
thank you very much for taking your precious time writing your thorough review. I am pleased that you paid attention to many details that can make a stay comfortable. It is very pleasing that after your international travel experiences you chose InterContinental for your home away from home in Budapest as well. Thank you for mentioning that although the building was constructed earlier it is extremely well maintained. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay here and would choose our property again when coming over to Hungary. I become delighted reading that the IC Budapest is at the top of your list and can compete easily with the best hotels in the city.
Very much looking forward to a warm welcome again in the near future.
Los Angesles, CA
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The Intercontinental is in a great location. Its right on the Danube near the
Chain Bridge. If you can, get a room with a river view.
The room was a very nice room and the bed was very comfortable. The room
service person was very nice, he brought our breakfast with a very happy and
pleasant good morning.
As for the front desk/concierge, I don't know if it was because they were very
busy but they made my friend and I feel as though we were bothering them when
we had asked them some questions.

Room Tip: room with a river view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank LovesToTravelAround
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear LovesToTravelAround,
I am glad to read your review about your hotel experiences. I am thankful seeing that you motivate others to enjoy the spectacular panorama from our river view rooms. I am very happy that you even received a friendly service by your breakfast order. Mentioning your interaction with the front desk I can understand you might be confused looking for a warmth and calming interest while asking questions. I would like to ensure you that we are continuously working on keeping up and developing how to contribute more and more sensitively and openly to our guest needs. I am delighted that you have had an overall satisfying experience and very much looking forward to hosting you again in our property.
St. Andrews, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I couldn't rate this hotel higher. Fairly inexpensive for a five start hotel, with a delicious buffet breakfast included, superb location and stunning views, The Intercontinental Budapest made our stay in this beautiful city that much better. Or room did not look over the stunning Danube, but it was fantastic all the same. It was a joy to return for a swim or just relaxation after a long day of sightseeing. Five stars all around.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Allie S
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Allie S,
thank you very much for sharing your experiences about our hotel. I feel very glad that you rated us the highest possible grade. It makes me happy to read that all the moments of your stay were filled up with joy, happiness and satisfaction. I do hope for providing same level of fantastic experiences on your next visit to the city.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 6, 2014

An older property in Budapest but in a fantastic location with views across and along the river and probably is the best value 5-star hotel in Budapest. Unlike some of its peers in Budapest (Four Seasons etc.) InterContinental Budapest is not housed in an historical building but what it lacks in old-world charm it makes up for in room layouts that make sense and amenities that are top class. We booked a river-view room with sofa and received an upgrade to a junior suite which offered plenty of space but it was hard to pull ourselves away from the sofa from where we were able to watch the river while drinking tea or indulging in a cocktail late at night. While the rooms are large the bathrooms are small - which is to be expected in a property of this age but amenities are consistent with InterContinentals. Proximity to the river was appreciated but proximity to the town centre was even more appreciated. The Christmas Markets (and every brand store you can imagine) were less than 5 minutes' walk away and the surrounding area offers an abundance of restaurant options. All-in-all this property represents one of the best value high-end hotel experiences you can have, in a perfect location and with service of a truly international standard. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: A room with a view of the river is a must.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank LuxeTravelerHK
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear LuxeTravelerHK,
thank you very much for taking your time writing about your hotel experiences. I am delighted that you are aware of the historical background and were sensitive about the property inside and outside as well. I am especially happy that the convenient sofa in the junior suite almost kept you at its comfort watching the lazy Danube slowly flowing down and also glad that you had the power to step out to the billowing crowd at Christmas Market and to find the highlights of the city. Thank you for recommending our hotel with highly international standards.
Looking forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.
Szekszard, Hungary
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We invited our foreign friends to stay in Budapest together for 2 days. It was just perfect for all of us. High quality service, modern and comfortable rooms overlooking the Danube and all located in the Downtown of Budapest,which made easy to access most touristic sites and restaurants. We highly recommend this hotel for it efficient staff and unbeatable location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Erika M
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Erika M,
thank you for taking your time sharing your opinion. I am very glad to see a resident's comment mentioning high quality service. I am really glad that you have chosen rooms on the riverside providing you the wonderful world heritage panorama of the Buda Castle.
I would be glad to most comfortingly welcome you, your friends & family in our hotel again.
Yours sincerely,