“Great views”

InterContinental Budapest
Ranked #31 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed for three nights while touring Budapest. Great location for exploring the city. Fantastic views as mentioned in other reviews. Very helpful concierge desk. Disappointed that there is a charge for wifi internet use in room. Other hotels to check out which are very close are the Sofitel and Marriott, but you can't go wrong at the Intercontinental.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Dear Jeff873,
Thank you very much for taking your time placing your review. I am very glad to read that you were fascinated by the location and the view of our hotel not to mention your comment on the helpful concierge desk. In regards to wi-fi charges I would like to inform you that InterContinental Hotels Group offers the benefit of free internet for Elite members and it will be available to all members in 2014. I am very proud to learn that you were satisfied with the overall stay experience and recommend our hotel as first choice among nearby ones.
I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Claus Geisselmann

Write a ReviewReviews (3,548)

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Just spent three very nice nights in this lovely hotel. Great location and within walking distance of pretty much everywhere. Breakfast was a bit disappointing - ample buffet choice but most hot dishes presented tepid at best!
The biggest issue for me, and I guess most if not all business visitors, is that the hotel has no free wifi - come on Intercontinental, get in this century and keep up with the competition - you can even get free wifi on the 'hop-on-hop-off bus', (had to go to the nearby John Bull Pub to get e-mails), so you lost my bar trade!

Room Tip: Get a room with a river view and above the 4th floor
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Peter G,
Thank you very much for taking the time writing your comments. I am glad to see that you liked your overall experiences in our hotel. I am delighted to see that you find our hotel being lovely and well located. In regards to wi-fi charges I would like to inform you that InterContinental Hotels Group offers the benefit of free internet for Elite members and it will be available to all members in 2014. I very much hope for a warm welcome on your next visit to Budapest.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Budapest is one of the fastest rising stars in the corporate event and meeting scene, and the InterCont there is definitely part of this rise.

as far as business hotels go, this one got it right. it starts with the location. sitting right at the danube, you can hardly get any closer to the castle AND the basilica. take a stroll along the river, or head into the city for sightseeing, cross the bridge and go up the hills for the castle, or to the citadel, it's all just a hop away.

the nature of my business in these hotels includes that i get the back side rooms, so i can't report about the scenery other than from the breakfast restaurant, the meeting rooms, the hallway or from stepping outside, and hey - it's grand, make no mistake. get a waterfront room if you can.

the room itself sports everything one needs, from a huge bed with a firm mattress to a clean, functional and neat bathroom that could be, if i had to find something negative, a bit bigger but still has not only a tub, but also a heated mirror (doesn't steam up after a shower), which is a rare luxury. master switches next to the bed are convenient, and there's no card slot for power - you can charge your laptop when you're not in the room. and most importantly: it's quiet. never heard a neighbor, room service, hallway activites.

breakfast is enormous and diverse, their restaurant kitchen is overall performing very nicely. i loved the spa, the only weird thing is it's located on the meeting room floors, so there's some mingling with bathrobes and business suits around the elevators sometimes.

architecturally from the outside, well, the 70ies happened in Hungary also and people actually thought that's ok. good thing though, from the inside you don't get any of this, it's beautifully done and tastefully furnished.

service is impeccable, everybody is friendly, most speak english, and everything was found not only to my own, but to everybody else's satisfaction, and that's worth mentioning since there's some spoiled people in the company i travel with.

the bar has an exquisite selection of fine spirits, and is a well designed chill out zone. again, very friendly and helpful service.

overall, i know i'll be going back, and i'm looking forward to it. i can only recommend this place.

Room Tip: facing the danube will sport a grand view of the castle every morning. well worth it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear chaseinger,
I wish to say thank you for sharing your thorough review. It makes me delighted to learn all your experiences throughout your business trip. I become satisfied reading that you recognize InterContinental Budapest being among the fastest rising stars as a meeting scene. I am happy that you found the room convenient in all different aspects and that you have liked the breakfast, bar and spa services. It makes me feel glad that you value our property as beautifully done and tastefully furnished. I am delighted that our staff interactions made you feel content for all of you in your group. I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel on your next trip to Budapest and I would like to add that I am very proud reading that you recommend our facilities.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Oh my Goodness! We stayed here for 3 nights for a Business meeting. Oh my lord the view from our room was spectacular like a perfect photo! over looking the river and The Chain Bridge. This hotel is right next to Fisherman's Bastion. It's also lots of restaurants in just a short walked. I love this hotel. And great service as well.

Room Tip: ask for the river and The Chain Bridge view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear jr_2009,
thank you for sharing your opinion. I am so amazed how you enjoyed our view of the Danube, Chain Bridge and Fisherman's Bastion. I really appreciate you mentioning the restaurants in walking distance and the great service that met your expectations. I hope to be standing at your disposal on your next trip to Budapest.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Just a perfect location for easy access to most main sights

High quality furnishings and facilities

Top class service

Area to improve: wifi was unreliable

All in all we we were exceptionally pleased with our selection and are a bit surprised this is not ranked higher.

Room Tip: Try to get a riverside view
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear H A,
thank you for showing your opinion. I am really proud that you have found top class service in the hotel and liked the high quality of furnishings and facilities. I wish to say thank you for all your valuable feedback. I am pleased to see that you were satisfied with your overall experiences in our property. Looking forward to welcoming you back in our hotel in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and comfortable. Staff very help full, ideal location. Think that the wellness pools should be on with rooms though !!. There was 9 of us and we were catered for wonderfully. Unfortunately I raided the mini bar!!. A mistake be warned. Would defo return

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank jules-mand

Dear jules-mand,
thank you for placing your review. I am happy that you found our hotel clean and comfortable and the staff helpful. Very much looking forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Stayed here for business - good staff, friendly and helpful. River view room was superb and v comfortable. Breakfast was nice. Bar is comfortable and a v nice and reasonably priced local wine. Location is great for walking as well as transfers to and from airport. Would stay here for pleasure too

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank drpeterr23
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear drpeterr23,
thank you very much for placing your valuable opinion. I am glad that you found the staff friendly. I am delighted to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us and liked the view, the comfort of the room, the breakfast selection and the location of our hotel. I am looking forward to a host you when you are returning to us on your next leisure visit to Budapest.