Our stay at this hotel was top notch from beginning to end. We were received at the Club Lounge for registration and served food and drinks while we registered. We were given a very comfortable room with a wonderful view of Buda and its Castle Hill. Seeing the hilltop of Buda at night from our bedroom was so spectacular, I could have stayed up all night just staring at this magnificent vista.
Of all the Intercontinental Hotels we stayed at during this European family rendezvous, I found this hotel to be the best. The staff were always eager to help, the breakfast buffets abundant, the rooms were clean and comfortable and most of the sites to see were within walking distance of the hotel. I wish we had spent another day or two more just to relax and take time exploring Budapest. it just felt like a jewel of a city best experienced at a slower pace to see, feel and enjoy the sites or even doing nothing! I could have spent hours at our hotel window just gazing at the unobstructed view of the River Danube and Castle Hill spread before our eyes!
My husband and I liked walking over the Chain Bridge to Buda and back before dinner and watch the city light up before us. We would then go back to the hotel Club Lounge for drinks and finger food which was always abundant and excellently prepared. A young man by the name of Viiktor looked after us so impeccably well during our stay there that he has set a standard in my opinion that Intercontinental Club Lounge staff should aspire to emulate. Always solicitous and eager to help be it another drink, a cup of consommé for Madam, or just interesting conversation about his city, he was charm and professionalism all marvelously rolled into one package. We never lacked for anything when he was around and are so grateful for that.
I would like to go back to Budapest again in the near future. We did not do the city justice because of our shortened stay there. I wouldn't mind another Intercontinental Hotel experience like this one again either!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Budapest hotel is situated directly by the Chain bridge overlooking the Royal Palace. This impressive hotel offers 402 beautifully appointed guestrooms, many of which enjoy a fabulous river-view. You may also choose from 18 exquisite Suites and a Presidential Suite. State-de-art conference facilities with capacity up to 900 person; 10 breakout rooms; Club Lounge with a breathtaking view of the Danube; SPA; 24 hr Fitness Centre, swimming pool, steam room and sauna; All day dining Corso Restaurant, Bar. An ideal choice for business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, IHG, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your InterContinental Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Budapest Hotel Budapest
- Budapest Intercontinental
- Intercontinental Hotel Budapest