3,793 results
All reviewsriver viewchain bridgethe club loungebuda castleroyal palaceacross the riverperfect locationfamous chainexcellent hotelan upgradebreakfast buffet ischristmas marketbuda sidetram stopfour seasonsbeautiful cityfisherman's bastion
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This was our first time staying in an Intercontinental hotel and based on our 3 night stay it certainly won't be our last. We had the most spectacular views of the Danube, Royal Palace and Chain Bridge from our huge window and I am so thankful we paid the surprisingly minimal charge to upgrade to a river view room. The staff in their entirety were faultless in their helpfulness and service which really enhanced our stay. I stupidly forgot to pack some clothing when we returned and all it took was one email to the hotel and it is all being sent back to me free of charge which was a lovely surprise given that I was fully expecting to have to pay for my stupid mistake. One tip - if you book this hotel be sure to find a rate that includes breakfast because the charges for that are on the steep side which can leave a nasty taste in the mouth. £30 each for a full breakfast is ridiculously expensive in spite of the wealth of choice from the buffet so make sure you get it included! Other than that, absolutely perfect and two very happy customers here.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank TravelBird007
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear TravelBird007,
thank you for placing your thorough review. I am happy that you could enjoy the spectacular panorama from your window to the world heritage Buda Castle. It makes me feel glad that you found the service of the staff helpful and faultless and all in all you have spent an enjoyable time with us.
Hopefully we will welcome you back in our hotel again.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed November 12, 2013

This was my second trip to Budapest in as many years and my sister and I stayed here as part of a birthday celebration city break. We booked a club room and were greated with a personal check in at club level by the lovely Agnus.

On finding out we were celebrating my sister's birthday, Agnus made sure our trip was extra special, with cake in our room, a bottle of champagne waiting when we returned from sight seeing, and reservations to reccomended restaurants and tours all booked for us.

The hotel is in an excellent location and our room overlooked the Danube and the stunning Chain Bridge. The Club Access is a must and a wonderful way to bookend a long day of sight seeing, and the constant snacks are perfect if like us you are light lunchers. The breakfast in the main restuarant is American style, with live omelette stations as well as a buffet.

Thank you Angus and team for a wonderful stay- from now on we will never look to stay anywhere else in Budapest!

Room Tip: Make sure to book a club room if you can!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mri M
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Mri M,
thank you for sharing your experience about your stay in InterContinental Budapest. I am very happy to learn that your birthday celebration city break became a wonderful stay in our hotel. I became delighted to learn that you have liked the Club Lounge facilities and with Agnes's personal service your stay became even more enjoyable and memorable. I will surely pass your words of praise to her. I look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel when you next visit Budapest.
Kind regards,

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was our first experience staying in an Intercontinental Hotel. The hotel was outstanding!. The rooms were large, comfortable, clean, attractive. The bathroom was spotless and featured a large tub, shower, bidet and plenty of towels. Everything you hope for in an upscale hotel.
Staff was always pleasant and helpful. And the buffet breakfast was truly diverse, plentiful and very good. A truly impressive place to stay. Also, we loved Budapest.

Room Tip: We didn't request anything special but our room had a great view!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Dear ll63,
thank you for sharing your review. I am really glad that you have chosen InterContinental for your stay in Budapest and especially that you have found our property outstanding. I am truly honouring your feedback about the cleanliness of the room and bathroom. It makes me feel joyful that you recall our staff as being always pleasant and helpful.
I do hope that we can welcome you again at IHG hotels in the near future.
Best regards,

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed here with a group after our Viking river cruise and all of us were more than pleased. It was located directly across the street from where we docked and directly below the Chain Bridge and right on Danube River with an excellent view of Danube, the bridge. the palace, the castle and City of Buda. Located right in the heart of central Budapest. It's a lovely first class hotel. The hotel is a short walk from the main square and very well located for access to good restaurants and shopping. Easy to walk to many places or get metro.Lovely terrace to sit outside , have a drink and view the Danube River .

We did not book through the cruise line as we booked direct with the hotel and communication with the group associate was fabulous re the booking. Another group from Avalon were also staying here but we booked privately and it was excellent dealing with Csilla , the group co-ordinator.

Many of the group took river view rooms for 25 euro more and were delighted with the fabulous "one of a kind" view they had both during the day but especially at night; but those that didn't take them, to save money, were more than please with their room also. All rooms were very clean, updated and spacious with excellent beds and the lobby was very impressive. The check in was fabulous; front desk very helpful; the huge buffet breakfast was fabulous (well worth 20 euros or 30 US ); one of the best I have ever had. Hotel had no problem accommodating groups and never did we feel crowded or the hotel was too busy to assist us. We had a river view room and had no noise from outside. We booked far in advance and got a great rate for the location, service and breakfast that we received. Tax was high in Budapest 22 % so that made room seem expensive but all hotels have to charge it. Staff were helpful and spoke excellent English.

We had read many negatives about internet not being included but we found you could get a free 2 hour pass anytime from front desk and then could use it in your rooms. There was no problem getting more than one internet pass and the connection was excellent. For those without computers/tablets, there was two free ones to use , just off the lobby.

Many of us had a very early flight and they prepared fabulous boxed breakfast for us to take with us; would have liked coffee in the lobby that morning as it was 3 a.m.

I have stayed in a lot of hotels and I was very impressed with this one. Would highly recommend it to anyone; individuals or a group.

Room Tip: If you can afford it; take river view room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Back from a 4 night break and the hotel certainly compliments the beautiful city.
Fantastic location next to the chain bridge and excellent hotel, both the rooms and also the service. Easy walking distance to all the major attractions on both the Buda and Pest side.

Breakfast is a large international selection, and the first time I've seen congee outside of Asia served in the morning! The food in the evening from the bar from the "bar snacks menu" are actually quite large servings and again great taste.

Rooms themselves are as to be expected at an intercontinental, some people have complained about the small bathrooms, but I didn't find any issue with them! The highlight was getting a room with a river view, it really is worth paying the extra!

Will definatly be back to the city and will certainly stay at this hotel again

Room Tip: Get a room with a river view, pay the difference as the views are amazing morning, noon and especailly in the evening
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear TinoBest,
First of all I would like to thank you for the great feedback. I appreciate marking the easy walking distance from major city attractions. I am very happy that you liked the special asian corner of our buffet breakfast selection. I am really delighted that you have enjoyed the comfort of your room including bathroom and panorama from the window on the Danube side.
Very much looking forward to a warm welcome again on your next trip back to Budapest.
Yours sincerely,