InterContinental Budapest
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
3,621 results
All reviewsriver viewchain bridgeclub accessbuda castleroyal palaceacross the riverperfect locationlit up at nightexcellent hotelan upgradebreakfast buffet ischristmas markettram stopbuda sidefour seasonsbeautiful cityhop on hop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 29, 2013

You really couldn't stay in a more central location! It's close to everything. We had a "city view" room which is fine by me since I don't travel to sit in a hotel room and look out the window, so I can't comment on the nice views from the hotel. The room was very nice and comfortable. The staff that we interacted with was very nice and friendly. The lobby is very nice. The only thing that upset me was the lack of free WiFi. I can understand no free WiFi in the rooms, but there was no free WiFi anywhere. Not only was WiFi not free, it was exorbitantly priced to get the non-free WiFi! One day of low-speed WiFi is 4000 HUF (about US$18)! Most coffee places and restaurants in the city have free WiFi, so we went there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank djtobbe
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear djtobbe,
Thank you very much for your review.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
In regards to wi-fi charges I would like to inform you that InterContinental Hotels Group introduced the new benefit of free internet, starting with Elite members in July 2013, and available to all members in 2014.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My room unfortunately was on the city side of the hotel so i had no view, however I stay in hotel for a place to sleep nothing more, while a view is nice it isn't my top criteria.

Room was good enough, two single beds was a suprise and very old school - perfect for two kids.

In the room was a tea kettle and requisites but I didnt take advantage of these. Toiletries in the bathroom were good but unfortunately no mouthwash but that's pretty commonplace as a missing element. Plenty of towels including facecloths so no complaints there.

Slippers and a dressing gown/robe were provided which was good.

The bed was comfortable, the airconditioning effective and the room on the whole very good.

The hotel itself is well staffed with attentive staff and the patio dining is good from the cafe with some awesome dishes.

Local fare is available as part of the indoor or outdoor eating and drinking experience.

Breakfast was superb with many options for everyone including asian cuisine!

the daily newspaper, compiled in house comes late in the day and is a bit of a waste, they should eliminate that as it is wasteful.

internet access is available throughout the hotel and was robust,

I didnt partake in the spa but a colleague said it was very good.

excellent conference location and easy walk from the castle and the shopping and cafe night life.

Room Tip: higher floor, river side
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear ClintonJ1,
I appreciate very much that you took the time to place a detailed review about your stay.
I am happy to read that you had a great time and you were satisfied with the services.
I hope to have the possibility to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Words are not enough to describe the beauty of the views this hotel offers. Wide window from wall to wall giving to the Danube and the palace across the river, without any buildings or other obstructions in between. Excellent service and hearty breakfast, room clean and spacious, comfortable beds, convenient location, highly recommended all in all. As for the spa facilities, the indoor swimming pool was very small but the massage was incredibly relaxing.

Room Tip: I asked for a smoker's room and expected to be put in a cupboard under the stairs. Instead, they put me on the 5th floor and the view from the window was like a postcard of the old city!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear vanya_lamprinidou,
Thank you very much for your review.
I am happy that you had a great stay with us. Also it is great to read that you were impressed by the view and the massage treatment in our Spa.
We hope to have the possibility to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

my husband gave me a surprised b'day present & took me to Budapest. we stayed in intercontinental hotel and they have a really good service. We left home super early in the morning to catch our flight & when we arrived in the hotel on the first day they allowed us to have a breakfast from the club member room (we upgraded the room) so we can have a breakfast & afternoon tea & some kind of snacks & drinks. but the best part is the view from the window..!!! AMAZING...!!! you can see the chain bridge, buda castle, fisherman battalion and some of the views from buda area...
the staff quiet helpfull as well when we asking for some information and the hotel itself is in a great location, very close from everywhere... so happy that we chose this hotel & really recommend it..;)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Neesa M,
Thank you very much for your review.
It makes me happy that your husband chose Budapest and our hotel as destination for your birthday trip. I am glad that you were impressed by the view and also the services provided in our Club Lounge.
Kind regards,

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We have just returned from four nights at this excellent hotel. We were greeted by a very nice and helpful receptionist and found all staff to be welcoming and helpful. In particular the concierge staff were very helpful in arranging our sight-seeing and booking restaurants for us. We found that it was impossible to get a table at the most popular restaurants without this help. The hotel restaurant staff were equally welcoming and helpful even arranging dishes that were not on the menu for us.
Our room was large, well appointed, clean and comfortable and enjoyed an uninterrupted view of Castle Hill over the Danube. The hotel probably has the best location in Budapest, by the river it is also in the shopping, restaurants and sight-seeing area.
A short video played on the TV had been prepared by the head concierge to provide an introduction to the city. We found this to be an excellent introduction and watched it several times to help with planning our days.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view over the Danube, the view is terrific.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Christine_Roger

Dear Christine_Roger,
Thank you very much for your review.
I am happy that you had a great four-night stay with us. Also I am pleased to read that our staff contributed to your stay with their welcoming, helpful and professional attitude.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
With kindest regards,