InterContinental Budapest
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
3,624 results
All reviewsriver viewchain bridgeclub accessbuda castleroyal palaceacross the riverperfect locationlit up at nightexcellent hotelan upgradebreakfast buffet ischristmas markettram stopbuda sidefour seasonsbeautiful cityhop on hop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Superbly placed overlooking the Danube with great views of the chain bridge and across to the palace.

The hotel brochure (Budapest luxury 2013) described the rooms as functional, I would go further and say well appointed. a Comfortable mid-day standard checkout was appreciated as was a tie-in for airport transfers that were cheaper (for two with bags) than a taxi. Fitness resources were ok if not perfect and some attention to detail is required here.

Very clean, bright and modern in appearance with helpful staff the hotel only had a few issues:

Hanging space is adequate but drawer or even shelving storage for clothes is limited.

A double room with king size bed but two single duvets, why?

Online before travelling internet access and wifi availability is clear, but all connectivity is charged and is not cheap, free wifi can be found in cafes and bars in town.

The hotel pool temperature was at about 20 degrees not the 28-30 advertised onsite, in addition the training water delivery stream did not work.

The sauna was operating at a temperature just above the red maximum temperature with no controls and seating that was heated to the point of burning the skin, we could only sit in the sauna by hosing the seating in advance and during our time, an electrical connection in the roof was held in place by isolating tape, that the humidity was rapidly forcing to lose the fight.

Breakfast was expensive so we took ours in town.

I would use the hotel again and would recommend it to others, as I would a visit to Budapest.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mikeinfranceSavenay
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear mikeinfranceSavenay,
Thank you very much for placing a review.
I am happy that you had a great stay with us. Also many thanks for the points you raised - all will be taken for further consideration.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

My husband and his brothers are founders of an international hotel chain (that they have since sold) so we have stayed at some of the finest hotels in the world. Nothing beat our experience at the Intercontinental in Budapest! Of course, location, location, location: choose a room with tremendously huge glass windows looking directly at Buda Mountain across the Danube, there is no better way to see the beauty of this magnificent. And, the service is impeccable: there was not a single staff member who didn't treat us royally (from the bellman who stored my husband's bicycle in the luggage room to the IT guy who helped me figure out my wifi connection). We booked through the Club floor where they literally take care of your every need and I highly recommend you do the same. But, even everyone at the lobby front desk is thoroughly helpful not only in suggesting where to go / what to do but also in booking the arrangements. This was one of my happiest birthday trips and we've had some great ones!

Room Tip: Ask for view of Danube.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear NadineHack,
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay so much and that the entire team provided you with an exceptional service.
Reading your lines is just music to my ears - on one hand I am so much proud of our team, on the other hand it is a great feeling to know that you left for home loaded with so many pleasant memories about the hotel and Budapest.
Thank you once more for taking the time to put down your feelings and impressions.
With kindest regards,

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed in Intercontintental at Budapest around Dec 2012.As soon as I entered the room,there was a left over smoke smell from previous smoking.Both the tour agent and I asked to have another room.THE HOTEL REFUSED OUR REQUEST.My wife and I could not sleep that night.The experience was horrible.

Room Tip: DO NOT STAY IN THIS INTERCONTENTAL HOTEL BUDAPEST.They ignore simple request to change a clean room from smoking room!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank adct88

Dear adct88,
Thank you very much for your review.
I am sad that you left our hotel with so negative feelings. I would like to assure you that we always try to accommodate room change requests of our guests. Only in case of full house it is impossible to fulfil. I do not know what date exactly you stayed with us but I am convinced that the only reason why we could not offer you a different room was that the hotel was fully booked.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We stopped 3 nights and paid extra for a river view. This was an excellent choice and we strongly recommend you make sure you have a river view. Great in the day looking out on the Castle above the river and Chain Bridge but even more spectacular at night when it is all lit up. Hotel was excellent as all Intercontinental's are though breakfast was possibly not as good as some others we have stopped in. Dinner was good there again with great views.
Hotel is well situated for all attractions. if you want to go on the red Bus Hop on hop off service then the first stop is just around the corner which is good because we found the bus filled up here and no one could get on at next few stops !
We also recommend the Hotel Limo service to the airport. again excellent value with style.

Room Tip: Get a room with a River View
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear John N,
Thank you very much for your review.
I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and you felt that it was worth paying extra for a room with river view.
We hope to have the possibility to welcome you back.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

I am a regular visitor to Hungary and have stayed in a few hotels in Budapest but I now have a new favourite place to stay. I picked the hotel because of the location and the location is one of the best in the city. I was lucky enough to get a free upgrade to a river view due to the members of a conference being kept together on the same floor I think. What a view!!!! One small gesture from the staff at reception made my girlfriends day when she walked into the room and looked out the window at the river and castle.

The room itself was really nice, very clean with a comfortable bed. Breakfast the next morning was fantastic with anything you could wish to eat. The service was great and the staff were great. Any staff we had dealings with were very friendly. Thank you InterContinental I will be back soon :)

Room Tip: It might cost more but if you can get a river view its worth it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jellyshots
ClausGeisselmann, General Manager at InterContinental Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear jellyshots,
Thank you very much for your review.
I am happy that you felt you made the right choice with staying in our hotel.
Also thank you for your compliments on our staff, services and breakfast variety.
Welook forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards,