Try to get a room with a Danube view (that's about half of the hotels rooms!). They charge a premium for them (surprise surprise), but the pay off is stunning views of the Royal Palace, Chain Bridge, Mathias Church and Fishermans Bastion across the Danube. The views are particularly fantastic at night, when the monuments are floodlit.
Now to the hotel itself. Check in was a bit shambolic, but check out was a swift and pleasant experience.
The staff in all departments were, without fail, very attentive and efficient.
The bedroom and bathroom were spotlessly clean and well furnished and equipped, though there was a lack of drawer space.
Our room had a very comfortable bed and a very efficient shower. I'm not a great fan of aircon units that also blow hot air for heating as it's often a bit of a struggle to get the heat just the way you want it, but it worked reasonably well at this hotel.
The breakfast was superb, absolutely superb. I've only once before stayed at a hotel with better choice and quality.
We had Sunday Brunch at the hotel before catching our flight back and while it was pretty expensive, it was a great experience, with our champagne glasses constantly topped off and an enormous buffet selection of beautifully presented foods to choose from.......we didn't need any dinner that night!
The Intercontinental is ideally located not just for it's views, but also for it's proximity to dozens of restaurants in the city centre.
Overall this superb hotel helped make our break in Budapest a memorable (in a good way) experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Budapest hotel is situated directly by the Chain bridge overlooking the Royal Palace. This impressive hotel offers 402 beautifully appointed guestrooms, many of which enjoy a fabulous river-view. You may also choose from 18 exquisite Suites and a Presidential Suite. State-de-art conference facilities with capacity up to 900 person; 10 breakout rooms; Club Lounge with a breathtaking view of the Danube; SPA; 24 hr Fitness Centre, swimming pool, steam room and sauna; All day dining Corso Restaurant, Bar. An ideal choice for business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your InterContinental Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Budapest Hotel Budapest
- Budapest Intercontinental
- Intercontinental Hotel Budapest