“To Phillppe Godard”

Ranked #23 of 335 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed March 20, 2014

,I booked 2 rooms at your hotel,after reading reviews we upgraded both rooms to Luxury with Danube River views'we will be staying 10 day's at your lovley hotel,My delaminates is trying to book another room that will accomadate 2 more persons My other sisters decided to join us so we can have a very special family reunion and it will be our first vacation together ,I have spoken to Julianna at least several times and she quotes me in euros I need to what the price would be in U S dollors , would very much appreciate if you would be so kind as to help me resolve this issue. Thank you my E-Mail is scott921@ comcast.net June21 2014 to June30 2014 Is are dates for your hotel

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you very much for sharing your feedback and request online to which our colleagues have answered to you via e-mail in the meantime. Should there be anything else that we may assist you with, please do not hesiatte to contact us on the given e-mail address; we are gladly at your disposal at anytime.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you in our hotel in June for your family reunion, and we wish you a very pleasant journey to Budapest.

Philippe Godard

Write a ReviewReviews (5,616)

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Very happy with our choice of hotel for a three night break. We booked with Jet2 holidays and got a great deal for B&B. Hotel is extremely comfortable and in an ideal location to explore all that Budapest had to offer on both sides of the Danube. We didn't get upgraded to a river view, sadly, but the hotel did acknowledge our email request with a high floor room, so we had pretty nice views over the lovely old rooftops of town. Room was extremely comfortable, tea & coffee making facilities, good hair dryer, high quality bathrobes and slippers and nice toiletries, but would have liked some body lotion. Breakfasts, as others have noted, were ok rather than exceptional, but enough choice to never leave hungry. The breakfast area, although very smart, is a bit cramped when the hotel is busy. The whole decor in the hotel is very sophisticated, but feels a bit like a high end airport hotel. The crowning glory is definitely the staff, without exception, they were all superb, professional, knowledgable and friendly. Our only gripe was that neither our tour operator or the hotel informed us that the pool would be closed for renovation throughout our stay, a bit annoying when we has squeezed swim stuff into our meagre hand luggage allowance. However, would recommend this hotel wholeheartedly and would definitely choose to stay here if we ever return to Budapest.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sindy7
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive opinion about the hotel. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay here in Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge and that you were satisfied with the central location of the hotel. We are more than delighted to hear that the equipment of the room and the bathroom amenities have met your expectations. We are always on to make your experiences as pleasant as it can be, for this reason we were happy that you were satisfied with the professionalism and friendliness of our staff as well.

Please allow me to apologize for the closure of the swimming pool and let me take the opportunity to inform you that since then the swimming pool is open again and we are welcoming our guests with a revived ambiance.

Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Just returned from a 4-day trip to Budapest and I have to say that we could not have chosen any better. From the moment we arrived at the airport - pickup by the limousine service of the sofitel, guided tour of surroundings as we passed included - till leaving the building on our way out, the service here was impeccable. Every single one of the employees did his or her utmost to make us feel welcome and at home. Guest relations officers always there to help, but never intrusive. Breakfast is opulent, both in choice as in quality. The setting of the lobby is grand, modern and feels cosy, inspite of the massive space. Restaurant and bar couldn't be faulted.
We had an executive room with Danube view which was brilliant, same as the exec lounge where one could spend hours just looking out of the window. Room was spacious, not at all tired, with all the necessary amenities one would dare to expect. We were also, upon request, referred to a local restaurant nearby on a night out which proved to be one of the (many) highlights of our visit. Complimentary bottle of champagne in the room on my wife's birthday together with an inspiring visit to the in-house spa made the picture complete.
Knowing the sofitel level I was ready for some care, but this was really a top-notch experience and makes me scared of my upcoming travels, as this will be a hard one to beat.

Room Tip: View on the danube is the one to go for = unbeatable.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us your absolute positive feedback about Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge. We are delighted to hear that thanks to our friendly and attentive colleagues we were able to turn this year birthday into a really special occasion and a treasured memory. We are more than glad to hear that you were fascinated with the view from your room and from the Executive Lounge to the famous Chain Bridge. We put great emphasis on the highest convenience provided in Sofitel to make your stay as remarkable as possible, therefore we are happy to read your satisfaction about the F&B department as well.

We would be more than happy to welcome you back soon at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge.

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at this hotel and are very satisfied with all aspects. The room was clean, although the view was not too great, the facilities certainly made up for it. The breakfast buffet and cocktail bar were really inviting, and the spa was really well organised. The one thing that I enjoyed most was the interaction with staff. They really couldn't have been more attentive and helpful. The two in the business centre, as well as the concierge, really went the extra mile to make sure we enjoyed our stay. They had great knowledge of the city as well as the history of the country, and seemed delighted to help. If you sat down in the lobby for a minute, staff would immediately see if they could help. It's this sort of touch that makes a visit so memorable. Thank you Sofitel, we'll be back!

• Stayed: March 2014
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us such a positive review and for your amiable words about our staff members. At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service to our guests, and we are very happy that we succeeded in giving you memorable moments of your stay in Budapest. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast we offered to you, the cocktail bar and the SPA as well. It is also marvelous to know that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of your room.

Once again thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us, and it is our hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Your sincerely,

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We have just returned from a 3 night stay here for our anniversary/my birthday. Initially there was a mix up with the room via a travel agent and we were upgraded by Laszlo on the front desk to a Junior Suite. We were given free Champagne in the room for my Birthday and a free drink in the bar because of the mix up. I also had a cake brought to me at breakfast because it was my birthday!
Beds were comfortable. My wife thought the rooms were a little warm but I thought they were perfect.
Anything we asked for was given and all the staff were unbelievably helpful.
The only slight thing I could possibly criticise them for is that the tables at breakfast were too close together.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge for celebrating your anniversary and your birthday. We are glad to hear that you were satisfied with all the attentiveness we gave to you on this special occasion. We are pleased to hear that you were contented with the helpfulness of our staff and with the comfortable MyBed offer as well.

We would be delighted to welcome you back for your next stay in the near future.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I'm not sure if I can add much new to this hotel's reviews. Comfortable bed, excellent breakfast, well-trained and helpful staff and great location. I would endorse the comments about bedrooms being a bit too warm - was the unseasonably warm weather a factor?

I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: It really is worth the extra for a river view room
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are extremely happy that you have enjoyed your stay in Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge! As far as the temperature is concerned, the unexpectable weather and the seasonal temperature setting could cause a bit unconvenience in the rooms, but I do hope that your stay was as comfortable as possible.
The feedback about the staff will be a great encouragement to continue offering five star services.
I hope we can welcome you again in Budapest!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed for 4 nights at the Sofitel and I was pleased with my choice. I am a Sofitel fan and that's my first choice when I travel. So I can say that it is not the best. In fact, it is the one I liked the least.
While the location is unbeatable and breakfast was standard (in a good sense), the amenities are first class (Hermes) the rooms are tired.
Change the carpets and the shades, do away with the furniture. Then it'll be a 5 star.
As I could see in another review, the rooms are too warm, and my companion and I had to sleep with the windows open while the temperature outside was 5 degrees centigrade.
Another complaint is the bathroom. There's no separate shower (unlike all other Sofitels I stayed in), and the tub is extremely high. It is quite dangerous climbing out of it, after a soapy shower.
If there is a next time in Budapest, I will certainly stay at Sofitel, but I would choose a room with a shower.

Room Tip: A room facing the bridge, and with a shower.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback provided to us about your stay. We are concerned to hear about your inconvenience regarding the room. Unfortunately as the weather is changing we are trying to reach the most comfortable temperature in the hotel, however it takes time to set properly and we will take serious steps to check the showertub as well.
Apart from that I hope you enjoyed your stay and we can welcome you back again soon!