“Luxury on the Danube”

Reviewed July 6, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank JanNigelGrant
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (5,624)

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Sofitel Chain Bridge for three days. We had what the hotel calls a luxury room on the 7th floor with a lovely view of the river Danube and Chain Bridge. The room wasn’t large, but was very comfortable and had all the expected amenities. The bed was extremely comfortable. It was quite warm while we were in Budapest, so we had to have the air conditioning on. Above a low fan setting it was very noisy and quite intrusive when trying to sleep at night. The service we received from the hotel staff was excellent. Check in and check out was easy. The hotel porters couldn’t have been more helpful. The room cleaning staff also did an excellent job. We didn’t eat in the hotel. At 27 euros per person we felt that breakfast was too expensive, particularly since Budapest is generally inexpensive as far as eating out is concerned.

The hotel is located a few minutes walk from Vorosmarty Square, a principal tourist haunt in Budapest. There are many open air cafes there and along the side of the river where you can eat if you don’t want to walk far. If you walk for another five minutes or so you can be in the Jewish Quarter of Budapest where the prices are a lot cheaper and the pickpockets fewer. Vaci Street, one of the main shopping streets in Budapest, runs off the Square. If it's exclusivity you are looking for go to Andrassy Street.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Steve H
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your experiences in our hotel and posting such delightful comments about Sofitel. Sofitel Team will continue the improvement in order to meet all your future expectations even more later on.

We are glad you liked your stay with us and we wish to welcome you back to Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge in the future.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

As usual, sofitel in Budapest is as good as any other sofitel. Clean spacious rooms, comfortable bed, nice swimming pool and sauna, good internet, but what it does have special is breakfast. As breakfast was included in the room rate, room service order of breakfast was also free, if ordered separately it will cost 26 euros. So I ordered it in room. Although it was only for one person, plates were really abundant: from most fresh organic tasting vegetables and omelette to wide selection of pastry, as well as wide selection of sausages and cured meats. It was probably best breakfast in a hotel I have had in a long time. And what is most important - it tasted so organic, like if it was just brought to you directly from a natural farm somewhere in the mountains. Next day I went to a breakfast floor - basically the same food quality, but obviously larger selection, and especially tasty were porridge and fresh-squeezed juices.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting such delightful comments of our hotel; particularly our breakfast services. I will be sharing your thoughts to our F&B Team as this will motivate our Sofitel Team to continue and meet all expectations.
We hope that you had a pleasant journey towards your next destination, and we wish to welcome you back to Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge in the future.

An Accor traveler
New Delhi, India

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I'm here on business for 3 nights. I checked in on Monday after a stressful journey to HU. I'd paid for a luxury river view room which is what I got. Slightly disappointing to be on the first floor. It would have been nice to be higher but I don't care that much.
Check in was very smooth and I was soon in my room. The room is probably about the same size as any typical (non-English) European hotel room. Its ever so slightly dated but again, I don't care about that.
Bathroom is more modern at the over bath shower has good power and the curtains in the main living area are very thick so the light is blocked out quite well.
You get complimentary water - still water as well because I hate that fizzy stuff, it tastes rubbish.
It has a very well stocked mini bar which I haven't sampled as yet but might do tonight.
There's a couple of restaurants within the hotel - kind of fancy things with French/Hungarian influences. I won't be having anything from there I don't think.
The view is good if you like that sort of thing. I don't.

As per the title - its a good hotel and I've stayed in millions of the damn things. I'll probably make this my base now for when travelling over to HU

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with a view of the river. Unless you like streets then ask for a view of the str...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Philippe_Godard, General Manager at Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such wonderful feedback about your experiences in our hotel. Your comments will most certainly motivate our staff to continue to improve our services at the Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge.

We hope that you had a pleasant journey towards your next destination, and we wish to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge in the future.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in June. The location is fantastic, our bedroom was very tied, and the carpet was very dirty with stains. We have stayed in the Sofitel many times around the world and loved it but this time we were so disappointed in the hotel. My husband had a nose bleed and only the pillow case was refreshed not the duvet cover and there was blood on it too.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mari B

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments about your stay at the Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge. We are very sorry to hear about your experience with us; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for all customers; therefore your feedback is very important to us, and we take them very seriously. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed July 2, 2013

The hotel is very nice and perfectly located. Amazing service and facilities.
The view on the danube is great but only from few "lucky" rooms. All the rest are standard and comparable to any other hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013