We made a reservation for two rooms with Danube view from May. When we arrived ( we had already prepay the rooms) they ask to take a deposit of 300 euros from our credit cards, per room. We didn't know that, i think that is a lot of money. Other 5 stars hotels asks 40 euro more less.
When we saw our rooms the first one was ok, Danube and Buda view. The other one had part side Danube view, and main view in a Plazza, they tried to sell it to us as the almost perfect room.
After my request, they change our room next day.
They have very big problem with towels and bathrobes. We didn't have bathrobes, and when we ask, the brought us just one.
Despite that we put the label " do not disturb" the housekeeper knocked the door from 8:15 am!!
The indoor swimming pool is not so warm, 27c. But ok.
Regarding the breakfast, they ask 27euro per person!! Totally crazy price!
The rooms need renovation!!
To summarize the hotel service, rooms are not for 5 star hotel. We have stay in 5 star hotels a lot of times, and we know what to expect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Budapest blends comfort and elegance with modern technology and French flair. This comfortable high-class hotel offers breathtaking views of the Chain Bridge and Royal Castle. The Paris Budapest Cafe restaurant at this luxury hotel fuses French and Hungarian cuisine, prepared in a show kitchen for all to see. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge Hotel Budapest
- Accor Budapest Chain Bridge
- Hyatt Budapest
- Budapest Sofitel