The hotel is located on the Danube with views over the Palace on the other side of the river and the Chain Bridge, which lit up at night is magical.
Be advised though that your room could over look the Intercontinental in front or the street behind and so be sure to ask for Chain Bridge view.
The hotel is modern and trendy, the decor chic and there is a sense of openness due to the layout of the rooms which open into the central courtyard where the "Bibliotek" is located.
The check in was smooth and generally the staff were friendly and efficient. The concierge team was also really helpful.
The rooms themselves are a bit more classic and do not match the trendy exterior.
All amenities in place but the safe does not hold a laptop computer. The bathroom amenities were really good.
Overall the location cannot be matched as you are close enough and central to all attractions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Budapest blends comfort and elegance with modern technology and French flair. This comfortable high-class hotel offers breathtaking views of the Chain Bridge and Royal Castle. The Paris Budapest Cafe restaurant at this luxury hotel fuses French and Hungarian cuisine, prepared in a show kitchen for all to see. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, ACCOR, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and getaroom.com so you can book your Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge Hotel Budapest
- Accor Budapest Chain Bridge
- Hyatt Budapest
- Budapest Sofitel