Good things first. If you get a Danube facing room you won't have a better first sight of Budapest. Also it is very central.
But, I would only ever come here again if the company was footing the bill. The carpets are tired, some of the electrics were hanging off the skirting board and the service at breakfast went at slow march pace.
The hotel was heaving with conference guests and when I arrived at 9.30am on a Saturday for breakfast the queue was about 30 deep. There were tables but there was no efficiency for clearing and turning them.
In short, great view but don't go unless your widget company is coughing up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Budapest blends comfort and elegance with modern technology and French flair. This comfortable high-class hotel offers breathtaking views of the Chain Bridge and Royal Castle. The Paris Budapest Cafe restaurant at this luxury hotel fuses French and Hungarian cuisine, prepared in a show kitchen for all to see. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com and ACCOR so you can book your Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge Hotel Budapest
- Accor Budapest Chain Bridge
- Hyatt Budapest
- Budapest Sofitel