The location of this hotel is completely central, and the hotel building is very interesting on the inside, with a huge atrium which creates an impressive space on the ground floor. We had a standard room at a very good rate (around 100 Euro per night excluding breakfast, two nights for the price of three). The room was quite large but nothing special, and in hindsight we should have paid for an upgrade to have a view of the Danube. The spa was closed for refurbishment during our stay, so we didn't get to use it, nor did we have breakfast at the hotel.
This is a good place to stay if you can get a cheap rate, but be warned, even though we found a slightly cheaper rate for the same stay on another web site after booking directly with the hotel, Sofitel did not reply when we sent a 'best price guarantee' form (they guarantee the best priced rooms on their website, and say that if you find the same room cheaper elsewhere they will give you 10% off the cheaper price). We chased them once for a reply, but heard nothing. Kind of annoying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sofitel Budapest blends comfort and elegance with modern technology and French flair. This comfortable high-class hotel offers breathtaking views of the Chain Bridge and Royal Castle. The Paris Budapest Cafe restaurant at this luxury hotel fuses French and Hungarian cuisine, prepared in a show kitchen for all to see. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge Hotel Budapest
- Accor Budapest Chain Bridge
- Hyatt Budapest
- Budapest Sofitel