“I love this hotel!”

Mercure Budapest Buda
Ranked #132 of 335 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed July 26, 2014

The hotel has a perfect location, very close to the main tourist attractions and metro station. It is comfortable, clean and hotel's staff is always friendly and helps with advices. The breakfast is nice and meals in the restaurant are fabulous. The view from the hotel is nice, just opposite of the castle place! the price level is acceptable.

Room Tip: Higher floors have wonderful view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Aniko N, General Manager at Mercure Budapest Buda, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2014

Dear Gergana B,

Thank you so much to the author for such a nice feedback on the location, restaurant and staff of the Hotel Mercure Budapest Buda. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that everyone well looked after you. I will share your comments with the whole team who will be glad to hear them.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future!

Kind Regards,

A.Nagy

Reviewed July 24, 2014

All very nice
We were there as part of a Trafalgar tour which was wonderful
Just stayed for 2 nights but all good
Try and get a room with a view of the hills
Ours looked over the railway yards
But it was a nice modern hotel with good service

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Dear helenford,

Thank you very much for taking the time in reviewing the Hotel Mercure Budapest Buda.

I am very pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that the hotel met your expectations regarding the room, facilities and personalised service.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Kind Regards,

A.Nagy

Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed here because of the proximity to the train station in Buda which we needed to leave from the next day. the Air conditioning in this hotel is very bad. It barely moves the air around. The windows are secured so that you can only open it a few inches and therefore not enough to cool the room down. The room is just OK but the carpet in the hallways is disgusting, stained and dirty. Breakfast good.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Aniko N, General Manager at Mercure Budapest Buda, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear Sue29,

Thank you so much for choosing Mercure Budapest Buda during your stay in Hungary. It is lovely to hear that our guests could take advantage of our optimal location. It is our pleasure that beside the small uncomfortable feature you enjoyed your stay with us. We are terrible sorry that the air condition caused discomfort for you.
We do hope, you will return in the near future.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed here for two nights recently and found the hotel to be very reasonable. I was upgraded to a busienss room at check in as they could not find my reservation even though I had a printed copy and glad of that as the room was adequate but not much more than that. The location was great, the free wifi was good and the food was OK but the price was very good. Nice park across the street to walk around if the weather is good and many good restaurants locally

Room Tip: Try to get an updgrade it is worth the extra few euro
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear TBe62,

Many thanks for the nice words which you posted to TripAdvisor. We are very glad to read your positive remarks regarding your stay in our hotel; we will share them with our team. We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Aniko N, General Manager at Mercure Budapest Buda, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Reviewed July 12, 2014

The Mercure Budapes is very close to the most important landmark. it s a very good priced hotel, go and look for some special offers.
Behind the Hotel a Supermarket, if you have to watch your budget. Station also just next to the hotel.So very easy to go to the other side of the town.

Room Tip: Always ask for non smoking rooms, if you don't smoke!!!! It is legal in the east european countr...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank bolingbrooke
Aniko N, General Manager at Mercure Budapest Buda, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Dear bolingbrooke,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Hotel Mercure Budapest Buda. We greatly appreciate your comments regarding our location. We consider ourselves to be fortunate as the fundamentals of the hotel are particularly good. One of the main railway stations as well as the nearest metro stop is only 100 meters from the hotel, and if you want to get to the castle district area which is part of the World Heritage Sites you needn't have to walk more than 10 minutes. I was pleased to see you generally enjoyed your stay with us. Our goal is to provide a totally satisfying experience to each and every person who visits our property. Thank you again for taking the time to post all of your thoughts and I do hope we get to cater to your needs again in the future.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

The hotel is on the Buda side and you need to use the subway to get to the city center where the action is. If I weren't there on vacation the Buda side would have been ok. It's not a drawback. The breakfsat buffet was great, although pricey. The variety was outstanding and the service to clear the dishes from the table was a little too fast. Things I liked about the buffet was the selection of coffee and the "Hungarian Food Corner"

The room was OK, it could have used more outlets. Two weren't enough to charge a phone, camera and use a CPAP machine. I always like it when there is a safe in the room as was here.

The only downside to my stay was the cigarette smoke on my 'no smoking floor.' I complained to the front desk daily and even gave them a room number to check. When I first told them about the smoke, they read me the riot act about how strict their policy was. They made me feel as if I were the smoker and not the complainer. They said they would check with housekeeping. I suspect it may have been the housekeepers who were smoking since they couldn't find the room where it was coming from. And the smell was very strong first thing in the morning and late in the evening.

It was great to have the free WiFi, but the band width was very narrow. Most of the time, I experienced 40-400kbps service.

<+ CAUTON +>When I checked in, they took my credit card and said they would just save the information to cover the extras for the room. My only extras were the breakfasts. When I checked out, I paid cash (Forints) for the extras. They charged my credit card for them anyway. Now, I must fight to get my money back. This is the primary reason why I rated this hotel as poor. I've never had this problem at any other Accor chain hotel I stayed at.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not look over Krisztina Avenue.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Dear Tbucketman,

I really do appreciate the positive nature of your feedback and was happy to read that you had generally a good experience while staying with us. Our goal is to provide a totally satisfying experience to each and every person who stays at Hotel Mercure Budapest Buda and the strict Mercure standards are great assistance for us.
Regarding credit card authorization I have to tell you this is a common procedure in quality hotels all over the world. Authorization means that, while the money has not actually been paid to the merchant yet, your available credit is reduced by the amount of the authorization, so that the credit is set aside and cannot be spent at another merchant. Naturally after checking-out we always inform the card issuing bank in order to unlock the reserved amount. Certainly those who don’t have a credit card can leave cash deposit as well.
Thanks again for taking the time to post your thoughts on Trip Advisor and for choosing Hotel Mercure Budapest Buda for your needs in Budapest.