“good value” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mercure Budapest Buda

and 1 more site!
Mercure Budapest Buda
Ranked #113 of 342 Hotels in Budapest

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Swieqi, Malta
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

I came to this hotel since it was offered to us as a package. The hotel is decent, the staff is not particularly friendly and the room is sized, although the bathroom is very dated.

The worse thing about this hotel is its location- getting to/from the city centre on foot is quite challenging and the metro, which is very close, closes at 11.30pm. I would suggest staying in Pest when visiting Budapest.

The view from our room was nice, but a bit noisy.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Aniko N, General Manager at Mercure Budapest Buda, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Cahrleme M,

I greatly appreciate that you chose to stay with us. The Hotel Mercure Budapest Buda is fortunate to have convenient rooms in the Castle District area that provides an ideal base to explore many of Budapest’s attractions. Our standard rooms are spacious, very comfortable and supplied with all the modern conveniences, not to speak about privilege rooms that can cater the most sophisticated needs as well (double bed, coffee-tea making facilities, LCD TV, rain shower, special setup in the bathroom, bathrobes, slippers...). I was surprised to read your thoughts on my staff. We are always ready to give the best services for our clients and they always appreciate it. Service and attention to detail are of paramount importance to our team and to this end we have an extensive training and induction program called MSense for all new employees to complete and pass.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your observations. I look forward to having an opportunity to be of service to you in the future.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

The hotel was just 4 metro stops away from the city centre and within walking distance from the main sightseeing areas. There were several restaurants around the area and a large supermarket just behind the hotel.
We were upgraded to a premium room with coffee making facilities and this was definitely a plus point as we were traveling with a 20 months old baby. A cot was also provided free.
The metro station was 5 mins away and it was very convenient to get around. A halal kiosk selling kebabs was also located nearby.
Although the hotel was located at the buda area and we had to climb up numerous steps to get to the castle, it was still managable even for my elderly parents.

Room Tip: Get the premium room as it was bug and spacious
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Coolnymph2003
Aniko N, General Manager at Mercure Budapest Buda, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Coolnymph2003,

Thanks for the great feedback and I appreciate you choosing Mercure Budapest Buda for your hotel needs in Budapest.
I will be sure to share your comments with the entire team! We have a unique location only a few steps away from the Budavár Castle ( World Heritage Site ) and 15 minutes walk from the Chain Bridge.
I hope we get to cater to your needs again one day soon.

A Nagy
Kuching
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2012

Room is clean, reasonable size. Wifi available in the rooms but one needs to keep signing. Toilet and bathroom is clean. We were on the 7th floor ( non-smoking) and it was noisy in the wee hours of the morning. Can hear people talking loudly along the corridor outside. We stayed 2 nights and both nights were noisy. Our room faced the city (Pest side) and it was a lovely view. Breakfast was good, though range is rather limited. Behind the hotel is a supermarket and adjacent to the hotel is a shopping centre.

Room Tip: Friends on 6th floor said it was not noisy on their floor(smoking floor)
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Aniko N, General Manager at Mercure Budapest Buda, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Dear

Thank you for taking the time to tell us your experience about Mercure Budapest Buda. We are very sorr y that the noise caused discomfort for you.
We really value our prime location in Budapest and it certainly brings many guests to our hotel as a result. I trust you will choose Hotel Mercure Budapest Buda again if your needs bring you back to our beautiful capital in the future.

Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

I stayed there in November 2012. A business associate made the booking, but they did not warn her that the price is without VAT and without breakfast, so it was a bit messy when we arrived at the reception and realised that we have to pay 40% more for VAT and breakfast. In total I paid 77 EUR for one night,. It is not expensive, but I think it is not worth it. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, the rooms are shabby and cold as the heating was not working in November and I was not impressed with the staff (although no one was rude or anything). The cleaning lady woke me up in the morning by trying to barge in my room...at 7 a.m. That was not very nice. Breakfast costs 12 EUR, and it is a generous one. If you are a breakfast person, 12 EUR is a good value for what they offer. I think one could find a better place for the same money in the city centre.
I will definitely not return here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Foks M,
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on Trip Advisor. In my opinion we are a reasonably priced hotel offering good value and services, this is the major reason why most travellers put their votes to us. We really value our prime location and it certainly brings many guests to our Hotel as a result. The Budavár Castle (World Heritage Site) is only a few steps away from us and the Chain Bridge is also not farer than 15 minutes on foot. We are fortunate to have large rooms in the downtown area and my Housekeeping and Engineering teams work tirelessly to ensure that all of our accommodations exceed our brand standards in terms of cleanliness and conditions. Our rooms are supplied with all the modern conveniences and can cater everybody's needs. We take pride in our award winning customer service and understand the importance of attention being given to the smallest details that make the biggest difference. I apologize for the waking up you mentioned. My Housekeeping Manager has been engaged to investigate your case, to report back to me with an explanation and action plan for immediate improvement. I hope that we get the chance to replace your negative experiences with far more favorable ones in the future at some stage. Should you be willing to give us another chance please do contact me directly and I will ensure your next stay is a much more pleasing one.

Again thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.
A Nagy

Travelers are raving about these Budapest hotels

Manchetser
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Great Hotel with all mod cons you need. Close to centre and excellant value for money. Have stayed before and will stay again. Restaurent is very good. Rooms tidy and clean.

Perhaps the rooms could be a better size

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Aniko N, General Manager at Mercure Budapest Buda, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Dear LampBattMan,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Budapest Buda.
We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay. We are very happy that you are returning guest, this is a real appreciation for us.

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Mercure Budapest Buda.

LA PLATA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

The upgrade came with LeClub membership. Do it and enjoy the upgrades. First time for us in Buda of Budapest and it was within walking (long) of Caslte Hill and the iconic monument. We really appreciated the complimentary breakfast and the complimentary computers in the business center.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank FtRitchie
Aniko N, General Manager at Mercure Budapest Buda, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear wairs,

Thanks for the great feedback. I am really pleased we were able to meet (and hopefully exceed) your expectations. I appreciate everything you said and hope we get to cater to your needs when you are in Budapest again soon.