Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in March 2013.
when we arrived at the hotel check in was efficient and the staff very helpful (providing plenty of information about the city). the recpeotion area had a shop bar and travel information desk, it was very clean and tidy and gave a good first impression
When we arrived in our room we were given a twin insted of a double (which was requested when booking) I requested that the room be changed however was advised there were no double rooms. The room was smallish as was the bathroom but enough space for a weekend break. the room and bathroom were very tidy. The telivision in the room had a couple of english tv channel these were mainly for the news.
The room was very warm, the air conditioning was not powerful enough to cool the room down, in the end we had to leave the window open. the room was cleaned daily and ther was very little noise hence we got a good nights sleep.
The facilities at the hotel however were outstanding. the spa and health are were amazing. massive spa, big swimming pool lots of gym equiment and plenty of other activites (at surcharge). The breakfast was also outstanding, lots of choice within the buffet and quality was good too.
Location of the hotel was average. the nearest tube station was a 5minute walk and we were a distance (20mins with public transport) from the tourist sites (palace arear)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Work or pleasure? We cater for both! What makes the Helia so special? That’s a matter of perspective. This is a wellness hotel with a wide range of fitness and spa services for guests in need of some pampering. However, it’s also a fully equipped conference hotel with all the facilities to host top quality professional events. The wellness and conference hotel is located in Budapest’s dynamic XIIIth district, on the bank of the Danube. The city centre is just 15 minutes away, while the nearby Margaret Island offers a host of recreational activities – from cycling, tennis and swimming to relaxing walks in beautiful parkland. Whether you’d like to unwind after work – or get away from work altogether – our wellness centre is the perfect spot. It has an adventure pool, swimming pool, sauna and a two-storey fitness club with stunning panoramic views. The hotel’s thermal bath is fed by natural thermal water from Margaret Island’s springs. Guests arriving by car can keep their vehicles safe in the hotel’s own car park, and travel into the centre by trolleybus or bus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Agoda so you can book your Danubius Hotel Helia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Danubius Health Spa Resort Helia Hotel Budapest
- Danubius Health Hotel Helia
- Danubius Health Budapest