I have been going to the Helia Hotel in Budapest since 1994. I was serving in the United Nations Mission in Croatia and would stay there for Rest and Recuperation. It was during this period that I fell in love with Budapest and now own an apartment there. The Helia has consistently met my expectations as a spa hotel. The Sauna and Steam Room are as hot as it gets and the swimming pool and three thermal pools are modern and clean. The glassed in atrium where the pools are located have many lounge chairs for reading, relaxing and sleeping to rid you of the tensions of the world. The gym is an added bonus along with added spa features of various massages and other treatments. Its a great place to spend the day exercising and the enjoying the various amenities. Now to the food: The Helia Chef takes his Hungarian Cuisine very seriously and whether it is the plentiful breakfast buffet or the sumptious dinner buffet the food is excellent. It is all fresh and tasteful. Sandwiches are offered also at the bar area in the main lobby. The rooms at the Helia are very nice but in a minimalistic way. The TV is very small with most channels being German, Hungarian or Chinese This is not a big drawback though as you go to the hotel for its spa and proximity to the city central. If your a serious vacationer you will not be spending much time in your room anyway. One bonus is, for a few Euros more, you can have the view of the Danube, which the hotel is only two hundred meters from. Most of these rooms have terraces also. They are a great place to enjoy your morning coffee or evening cocktail. The staff are friendly and professional and many have been with the hotel group for years so they know all the places to visit etc. The Helia is located about three subway stops from the city central and a bus half a block away will take you two stops to the train which will have you in the main city in ten minutes. For the value, I cannot say enough about this hotel. The views are to die for, the spa is really nice and the food is excellent. What more can I say?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Work or pleasure? We cater for both! What makes the Helia so special? That’s a matter of perspective. This is a wellness hotel with a wide range of fitness and spa services for guests in need of some pampering. However, it’s also a fully equipped conference hotel with all the facilities to host top quality professional events. The wellness and conference hotel is located in Budapest’s dynamic XIIIth district, on the bank of the Danube. The city centre is just 15 minutes away, while the nearby Margaret Island offers a host of recreational activities – from cycling, tennis and swimming to relaxing walks in beautiful parkland. Whether you’d like to unwind after work – or get away from work altogether – our wellness centre is the perfect spot. It has an adventure pool, swimming pool, sauna and a two-storey fitness club with stunning panoramic views. The hotel’s thermal bath is fed by natural thermal water from Margaret Island’s springs. Guests arriving by car can keep their vehicles safe in the hotel’s own car park, and travel into the centre by trolleybus or bus. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Danubius Hotel Helia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Danubius Health Spa Resort Helia Hotel Budapest
- Danubius Health Hotel Helia
- Danubius Health Budapest