Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel
TripAdvisor
$564
$545
1,965 results
All reviewstram stopbeautiful hotelpublic transportsparkling winebathroom doorjunior suitemodern roomsnew york cafejewish quarterbeautiful roomthe riverfifth floorhigh ceilingsstayed for nightsbreakfast buffetshower headwould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the nemezeti hotel for 3 nights on july 23rd-25th. We can honestly say that this is truly an outstanding hotel in every way-----from the beautiful restoration of the building and newly renovated rooms to the amazing staff and service. The staff here seem to go above and beyond to make their guests feel special and welcome. They extremely attentive and helpful.
The breakfast was top quality---so much variety and delicious food. The cappucino here was fabulous. The wait staff in the dining room are so attentive and eager to please. Everyone at this hotel was so nice and friendly. The made our stay memorable. Thank you to all the staff at the nemzeti. Thisvis an absolutely fantastic hotel---one ofvthe best that we have ever stsyed st and my husbsnd and I have travelled extensivelynthroughoutbeutooe can say honestly, nothingbhss compared to the nemzeti.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank canuktraveller201
kerekzoltan, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear canuktraveller201,

It was with great please that I read the fantastic feedback you posted about your stay in Hotel Nemzeti. I will make sure to let all our staff know, how pleased you were with the services they provide and that you rated it being a true five star service! I am glad you had a chance to try our capuccino, next time make sure to have one of our delicious cakes to go with it!

Once again, thank you for having chosen us for your visit to Budapest!

See you next time!

Regards,

Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel is more than beautiful. When you get in, you see a beautiful marble staircase. The room is great, the bed confortable. It is quite. And the breakfast, amazing! You can even drink champagne if you wish. The food is delicious with a large selection of sweet and savoury. The staff is helpful, really nice and, on top of that professional. We had a little problem with the taxi we pre-booked from the hotel. To make it up, they have given us a bottle of wine and paid our transfer back to the airport.

The hotel is well located if you want to take the tram. If you accept to walk during 15 minutes, everything is within a walking distance.

The hotel is close to the New York café. It is worth seeing it (and having a drink in it).

The only thing missing for us is a fitness room (besides the sauna).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michaud C

Dear ClineFRance_Poitiers,

Thank you so much for your kind words on your stay at Hotel Nemzeti! I was very happy to read that we were able to meet your expectations in all areas concerned. I was especially happy that we could make up for that issue with the transfer. All in all a happy ending!
I hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This hotel is absolutely perfect. For less than €80 you can enjoy the comfort of a 5-star hotel. I am Accor Platinum member and was promised an upgrade to a junior suite when booking a superior room, but upon arrival there were no junior suites available anymore. We were offered free valet parking, which was great too.

The rooms are very comfortable and have very modern looks. (We booked 2 rooms, one double room and one room with 2 single beds).

The greatest thing about this hotel is the breakfast: it is very, very extensive and has everything you could ever wish for. There was even champagne (which I wasn't allowed to drink because I had to drive that day... very sad indeed). The lemon cake was absolutely stunning, tasted like something out of a Michelin-starred restaurant. So did the chocolate cake (daily special) we had as dessert the night before, by the way.
Room service is very cheap for a hotel like this (€8 for a main course).

Room Tip: Sign up for a free Accor Platinum member account and book a superior room. You will be upgraded to a junior suite upon arrival. If not, you'll get free valet parking :-)
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank AaronD2303
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear AaronD2303,

First of all, let me thank you for the kind review you posted on your stay at the Hotel Nemzeti! I am especially happy to read that our services met the expectations of such a frequent and experienced traveller and loyal Accor guest such as yourself. I hope we eill be able to prove ourselves again on your next visit to Budapest.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

It was my second stay at this lovely hotel, and it is on the top of my list of all places in Budapest. As an airline professional, I stay at hotels around the world, but the Hotel Nemzeti has become one of the favorites - modern luxury in the heart of the city. The hotel is centrally located and it has been beautifully renovated recently. It glows with its original architecture, combined with newly designed rooms. As a city hotel, the room sizes are appropriate, the bath room is equipped with modern amenities/shower. The beds are most comfortable, expect to sleep like a baby. The room decor is very modern/super clean by design and also by cleanliness. I stayed in both courtyard facing and also the street - you can open windows/big plus!/ or the A/C works quietly and efficiently. The complimentary wi-fi works perfectly.
The hotel staff is wonderful. Very kind , professional and made us feel truly at home. We also enjoyed the bar/cafe area - and also the breakfast, which is one of the best we ever had. You have a choice of an excellent breakfast buffet/bit pricey - however it is worth it!/ or a so called express breakfast/we had this too - coffee/juice/jam/butter - huge egg dish to order - for approx.7USD! I want to mention, that all service comes with some little extra touch/ detail - so you really feel, that you are a special guest!
Public transportation is literally steps away/metro-tram/ or you can simply walk along the Grand ring or toward downtown/10-15 minutes walk, or get a booklet of tickets and everything is easily accessible/Opera,Andrassy Avenue, Danube, etc./ All in all highly recommended. After our second stay, we certainly will be back for more when in Budapest...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
kerekzoltan, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear skybluedc,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an extensive review on your experience at the Hotel Nemzeti. I was very pleased to read that our services were convincing enough that you returned to us a second time! I hope we will have the honor to welcome you back on numerous future occasions!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We spent 3 nights at this hotel in June. I am not a big fan of the decoration; it is very modern and in my very humble opinion, spoils the original architecture of the building.
The room is medium size, not huge, and I think it is fair to say that the bathroom is tiny. No bathtub. We stayed in one of the darker rooms, not by choice, since we weren't given one by the night receptionist who wasn’t very friendly.
I couldn't sleep the 3 nights we stayed there: you can hear the noise from the streets despite the double glazing. On top of that the fire alarm situated on top of the bed had a flashing light on which didn't help with the sleep.
But, the hotel is spotless, well located and well-priced. That's why, even though I wouldn't go back, I think it still deserves a good rating.
Ah! Breakfast for two was nearly more than the room rate!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Zoltan K, Front Office Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Quijanotango,

Thank you for taking the time and writing a review of your stay at Hotel Nemzeti. Every feedback is important to us to help us improve our services. Most of our guests find the combination of traditional and modern design pleasing and eye-catching however I understand that we all have different tastes. We do have rooms of both lighter and darker colours, these are clearly visible in all of our brochures and websites, if no prefernce is specified we assign one which is available. I am sorry the darker color was not to your taste. Also we have rooms that are facing the street and rooms facing the courtyard, if both are available we leave it up to the guests to decide. Unfortunately however in busy periods we might not have a choice, but I am sure if you had reported the problem to the reception, they would have been able to change the room for you after the first night. There is also a variety in the size of the rooms, our classic rooms are 17 m2, but bigger rooms are also available for a surcharge...
I regret to hear that you found our night staff unfriendly, I can assure you that this is not the attitude that is common for our employees (as so many other reviewers have noted) and it will not be tolerated.
In case of your next booking please make sure to request a room which better suites your needs.